fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:14:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Star Wars Day

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars Day  (Read 541 times)
CBA06
Freshman

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:08:25 pm »

Does anyone have information regarding the Star Wars Day next Saturday?  My son is really into Star Wars and I'm planning on taking him to the game ... but only if it's an "actual" Star Wars Day.  A couple years ago, Fordham brought out actual Star Wars characters to the game, which my son loved.  However at the last Star Wars Day, the promotion only consisted of them playing "The Imperial March" during the starting lineups, which was really disappointing.  If the promotion is only the latter, I may skip the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 12:04:47 am »

I'm reliably advised that Frank McLaughlin himself will be dressed as Darth Vader [he'll be able to point at numerous alumni and say "I am your Father!"] , and that Jeff Neubauer will wear a sashed robe and use a light sabre to draw plays on the clipboard during timeouts, assisted by Obi-Wan Crawford. Dave Roach will dress as Yoda and provide a Fordham sports update at halftime. ["Soccer men's NCAA quarterfinalists we were!"]. Drinks at Dagger John's will be delivered to your table using The Force, which will speed up halftime considerably.

Leave quickly after the game ends, because the Rose Hill Gym will be done up as the DeathStar and, with any luck, will be destroyed by fighters shortly after the final buzzer.
Report Spam   Logged
CBA06
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 10:33:28 pm »

I'm reliably advised that Frank McLaughlin himself will be dressed as Darth Vader [he'll be able to point at numerous alumni and say "I am your Father!"] , and that Jeff Neubauer will wear a sashed robe and use a light sabre to draw plays on the clipboard during timeouts, assisted by Obi-Wan Crawford. Dave Roach will dress as Yoda and provide a Fordham sports update at halftime. ["Soccer men's NCAA quarterfinalists we were!"]. Drinks at Dagger John's will be delivered to your table using The Force, which will speed up halftime considerably.

Leave quickly after the game ends, because the Rose Hill Gym will be done up as the DeathStar and, with any luck, will be destroyed by fighters shortly after the final buzzer.

LOL.  This cracked me up!
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:07:21 pm »

Haha. Well done.
Report Spam   Logged
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 09:55:34 am »

John Still waiting for the book Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 10:01:25 am »

Its on the day of the Family Court christening: May the Farce Be with You.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 12:46:45 pm »

Does anyone have information regarding the Star Wars Day next Saturday?  My son is really into Star Wars and I'm planning on taking him to the game ... but only if it's an "actual" Star Wars Day.  A couple years ago, Fordham brought out actual Star Wars characters to the game, which my son loved.  However at the last Star Wars Day, the promotion only consisted of them playing "The Imperial March" during the starting lineups, which was really disappointing.  If the promotion is only the latter, I may skip the game.

Honestly, if it's more than a 30 minute commute for you, I would pass on going out of your way. Judging by the production of the first few games, crowd interest, etc., it seems as if the administration is half-assing everything this year more so than last when it comes to the game day experience. Just my 2 cents.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 12:57:23 am »

Honestly, if it's more than a 30 minute commute for you, I would pass on going out of your way. Judging by the production of the first few games, crowd interest, etc., it seems as if the administration is half-assing everything this year more so than last when it comes to the game day experience. Just my 2 cents.

+1
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 01:01:58 am »

From the email I got last night:

Star Wars Themed Double Header THIS SATURDAY

Come cheer on the Rams this upcoming Saturday as the Women take on Iona at 1pm and the Men will face St. Francis Brooklyn following the women's game!

Promotions include Darth Vader Masks and Light Saber giveaways as well as a visit from some of the characters from the classic movie franchise!
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: