fordhamfans.com
December 13, 2017, 07:53:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Your dreams and prayers have been answered

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your dreams and prayers have been answered  (Read 2326 times)
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 09:55:47 pm »

I have heard that it is true.

That there was a video, or that there was a great video?

I agree that if players did make a video, it says a lot more about them rather than AB.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 10:03:26 pm »

What if I dance in the sun with an egg on my head?

I'll have an opinion of the video if I see it.

I was referring to your comment on the spreader of rumors.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 10:07:32 pm »

That there was a video, or that there was a great video?

I agree that if players did make a video, it says a lot more about them rather than AB.

Stop trying so hard. I was backing up the comment that there was a video. Last thing I want to do is get into a silly discussion as to whether it was great and how you were challenging the greatness and not the existence. Perhaps I should not have quoted you.

Some players were celebrating and some recorded it on their phones. That is not surprising these days. Anyone under the age of 25 records anything they think is mildly interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Ramrookie21
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 11:20:13 pm »

Stop trying so hard. I was backing up the comment that there was a video. Last thing I want to do is get into a silly discussion as to whether it was great and how you were challenging the greatness and not the existence. Perhaps I should not have quoted you.

Some players were celebrating and some recorded it on their phones. That is not surprising these days. Anyone under the age of 25 records anything they think is mildly interesting.

Agreed!! Let’s move on and see who is on the prospective coaching list to replace AB? I do wonder how many of the current staff will stay? Or be allowed to stay under a new regime. IMO, I would like to see the special teams’ coach leave as well. Special teams were awful with the exception of the 90 yard TD by Longi at the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 01:48:13 pm »

Correct, I was being facetious.  I know you were just confirming the existence.  I should have added a  Cheesy  Sorry to have annoyed you like that.
Report Spam   Logged
2ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 01:52:53 pm »

curious, anyone know what AB is going to make @ M State?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 02:14:49 pm »

Correct, I was being facetious.  I know you were just confirming the existence.  I should have added a  Cheesy  Sorry to have annoyed you like that.

Did you see what time I posted? I do not think it was you that annoyed me.
Report Spam   Logged

Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 05:22:31 pm »

curious, anyone know what AB is going to make @ M State?

If you factor in cost of living I'd say ALOT more .. he's also names passing game coordinator so I'm sure he's not gonna be hurting for money
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 07:05:50 pm »

to be honest i tried to find the video to see what exactly the players did and which ones and form an opinion for myself. I did stumble upon a letter from Coach B to a player and why he was suspending him from team.  It had to do with what he was posting on social media and that the coaching staff had made repeated requests for him to take it down and tone it down (language and material) and that it wasn't in line with the universities code of conduct.  If you know which player was suspended and type his name in .. twitter. you can find it.  when coach AB left this player made a joke about it.   Ill leave it at that.     
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2017, 07:51:04 pm »

It's easy to see why the team underachieved sounds like a bunch of entitled kids with no respect or discipline .. no true baller would ever blame the coach for their own shortcomings .. somehow I don't think Chase would be cheering the coaches firing on video .. in sure it was a handful poor performers malcontents looking to justify their failures by blaming a coach.. in sure these same kids will be a problem for the new coach.. probably run out of the program diring winter conditioning
Report Spam   Logged
Ramrookie21
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2017, 09:53:20 pm »

It's easy to see why the team underachieved sounds like a bunch of entitled kids with no respect or discipline .. no true baller would ever blame the coach for their own shortcomings .. somehow I don't think Chase would be cheering the coaches firing on video .. in sure it was a handful poor performers malcontents looking to justify their failures by blaming a coach.. in sure these same kids will be a problem for the new coach.. probably run out of the program diring winter conditioning

Wow...little judgemental aren’t we about something that you don’t know if it is true or not nor who was involved. And since you haven’t seen the video, you are making a lot of assumptions about what it was or who was involved. And the team didn’t underachieve because of “kids blaming the coaches for their own shortcomings”. I personally know several of the players and they are respectable young men. I am sure there are a few bad apples like everywhere but a lot of generalizations with your statement. Also, do you think there MIGHT be some culpability by the coaching staff or is it ALWAYS the players fault when things don’t go well. It would be like me assuming you never played major college sports because of those comments you posted. I would be making a lot of assumptions about you and judgements.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2017, 10:43:00 pm »

Wow...little judgemental aren’t we about something that you don’t know if it is true or not nor who was involved. And since you haven’t seen the video, you are making a lot of assumptions about what it was or who was involved. And the team didn’t underachieve because of “kids blaming the coaches for their own shortcomings”. I personally know several of the players and they are respectable young men. I am sure there are a few bad apples like everywhere but a lot of generalizations with your statement. Also, do you think there MIGHT be some culpability by the coaching staff or is it ALWAYS the players fault when things don’t go well. It would be like me assuming you never played major college sports because of those comments you posted. I would be making a lot of assumptions about you and judgements.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that nobody here played major college sports.
Report Spam   Logged

Ramrookie21
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 06:22:13 am »

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that nobody here played major college sports.

That’s a big limb and also an incorrect one...
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Lurker
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 06:57:05 am »

I dunno about that.  I hear one of the posters here was once a goalkeeper for that NCAA soccer powerhouse, Fordham.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 08:16:22 am »

That’s a big limb and also an incorrect one...

I figured everyone here likely went to Fordham.

I dunno about that.  I hear one of the posters here was once a goalkeeper for that NCAA soccer powerhouse, Fordham.  Grin

Ha ha.

1990 Patriot League Champions, but not major, in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2017, 09:04:13 am »

Parker's page lists Moorhead as a recent "engagement."  Not sure if that equates to MSU having hired Parker to help in their search. However, MSU did hire Parker for their basketball coaching search in 2011.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 09:11:59 am »

I think the key here is that not only do they help compile a list of viable candidates, but possibly more importantly they also act as private investigator, for lack of a better way to put it. In this day and age you need to uncover any skeletons before making an offer. There are numerous examples, but George O'Leary and Steve Masiello come to mind, and those situations were fairly benign in nature.
Report Spam   Logged

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 09:17:18 am »

My understanding is that its a wide range as to authority. Some schools use them in the fashion you describe, some just as a consultant in tandem with the AD and his/her staff, and some as a complete outsource. If they cost $100K and we have a $6-7M budget, it equates to $25K a year on top of that, prorated over let's say a 4 year deal.  Acceptable expense, in my view.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 09:43:00 am »

A regular poster to the board saw it and confirms it was not a good look for those involved. 

Because you know a few guys doesn't make them good players or respectable young men.   I'm not sure how respectable it is to participate in that video.  There is a lot of blame to go around for an abysmal season.  The coaching IMO was far below par.  The players, with some exceptions, weren't  much better.  The new coach has his work cut out for him.  I'd love to be in the office when he sits down to watch film on day 1.  Lots of missed blocks, routes not run, arm tackles and loafing on special teams.  Can't blame that on coaching.  Lots of attitudes need adjusting.  If Fordham didn't have that ridiculous scholarship policy, the roster would get a big shake-up.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2017, 03:37:11 pm »

What an interesting spin on the no true Scotsman logical fallacy...no true baller...

i can dig it
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2017, 04:54:48 pm »

Actually the video had certain All_Patriot league players rejoicing that their head coach has moved far away from them. Anyone suggestion that the celebratory video only included malcontent players is very wrong.

A Head Coach is the leader of the team.  He's  a teacher and example. 

The former head coach was neither.  As I said all year, the players had no respect for him.  That included the star players.

If there is no respect for the leader of the team, the is no way it can flourish.  Hopefully things will be different.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2017, 05:09:55 pm »

Actually the video had certain All_Patriot league players rejoicing that their head coach has moved far away from them. Anyone suggestion that the celebratory video only included malcontent players is very wrong.

The former head coach was neither.  As I said all year, the players had no respect for him.  That included the star players.

If there is no respect for the leader of the team, the is no way it can flourish.  Hopefully things will be different.

You do realize that a good player, even a star player, can be a malcontent, correct? That said, if what you are reporting is true, and they were celebrating, then they are actually the opposite of malcontents now.
Report Spam   Logged

Ramrookie21
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2017, 06:06:01 pm »

A regular poster to the board saw it and confirms it was not a good look for those involved. 

Because you know a few guys doesn't make them good players or respectable young men.   I'm not sure how respectable it is to participate in that video.  There is a lot of blame to go around for an abysmal season.  The coaching IMO was far below par.  The players, with some exceptions, weren't  much better.  The new coach has his work cut out for him.  I'd love to be in the office when he sits down to watch film on day 1.  Lots of missed blocks, routes not run, arm tackles and loafing on special teams.  Can't blame that on coaching.  Lots of attitudes need adjusting.  If Fordham didn't have that ridiculous scholarship policy, the roster would get a big shake-up.

The fact that I know them personally and as players is exactly the point. Do you know any of the players or are you justI agree with Fred about the HC and it is absolutely about the environment he and the other coaches create.  Either way, I don’t think it is necessary to rip the players at this point for their stupid antics after their coach has departed. Some players also felt betrayed by his decision to leave because he recruited them and told them he would be here for them and he left for greener pastures (in his mind). Some layers were happy he left. No different than the real world when your boss leaves.  Some are happy, some not. 

Curious about what “ridiculous” scholarship policy you are referencing? Are you expecting Fordham to become a FCS football powerhouse for the foreseeable future? If so, you will continue to be disappointed with the football program AOC! I don’t think Fordham has shown any inclination to be a consistent football powerhouse or is interested in investing the $$ to compete all that level.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2017, 06:35:49 pm »

The fact that I know them personally and as players is exactly the point. Do you know any of the players or are you justI agree with Fred about the HC and it is absolutely about the environment he and the other coaches create.  Either way, I don’t think it is necessary to rip the players at this point for their stupid antics after their coach has departed. Some players also felt betrayed by his decision to leave because he recruited them and told them he would be here for them and he left for greener pastures (in his mind). Some layers were happy he left. No different than the real world when your boss leaves.  Some are happy, some not. 

Curious about what “ridiculous” scholarship policy you are referencing? Are you expecting Fordham to become a FCS football powerhouse for the foreseeable future? If so, you will continue to be disappointed with the football program AOC! I don’t think Fordham has shown any inclination to be a consistent football powerhouse or is interested in investing the $$ to compete all that level.

The video was uncalled for.  Speaks a great deal to the character of the participants and poster.  If youre supporting them, you may want to re-think.  They accepted a scholarship.  Show a shrewd of loyalty. And if he said he’d be at Fordham their whole career, shame on him.  If they believed it, shame on them!  When your boss leaves, not a lot of professionals make a video and post it.

Fordham’s scholarship policy is basically a “no cut” contract for 4 years. The university won’t pull it short of extraordinary circumstances. Ridiculous policy.  Given last years terrible performances, ost coaches would do some house cleaning as a number of players didn’t hold up their end.  They should be moved out so the new coach can bring in more players who want to play his way.

Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2017, 08:02:07 pm »

It's good to have respect for yourself.  That will inform how you react to other events that go on around you.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 08:28:35 pm »

The video was uncalled for.  Speaks a great deal to the character of the participants and poster.  If youre supporting them, you may want to re-think.  They accepted a scholarship.  Show a shrewd of loyalty. And if he said he’d be at Fordham their whole career, shame on him.  If they believed it, shame on them!  When your boss leaves, not a lot of professionals make a video and post it.

Fordham’s scholarship policy is basically a “no cut” contract for 4 years. The university won’t pull it short of extraordinary circumstances. Ridiculous policy.  Given last years terrible performances, ost coaches would do some house cleaning as a number of players didn’t hold up their end.  They should be moved out so the new coach can bring in more players who want to play his way.

I don't care who they are .. all patriot league big deal. Any player on video "rejoicing " as you say is not any player that I would ever want on my team. Anyway I'm dont with this .. I hope the new coach runs their ass out in winter condition..
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 08:32:43 pm »

They embarrassed the University and they embarrassed themselves. 
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2017, 10:38:16 pm »

I don't care who they are .. all patriot league big deal. Any player on video "rejoicing " as you say is not any player that I would ever want on my team. Anyway I'm dont with this .. I hope the new coach runs their ass out in winter condition..
Post of the Year candidate.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2017, 11:52:33 pm »

Most noticeable thing about Corey Baileys squad; Lining up - coming out of huddle.  Dave Clawson 1st statement about Fordham "They don't know how to line up"

Remember Pat Riley after drafting Will Glass "He does not not know how to Dribble"
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2017, 08:51:25 am »

Not so sure that I would allude to the "real world."  Most scholarships or employment agreements have some form of a code of conduct. So I would be real careful.

For example, here is the code of conduct that attaches to the BU schollie ( sorry another hockey reference but it was easy to find):
"4. Cyberspace
I will not author, forward, or post vulgar or offensive notes, texts, photographs, or other content that reflect negatively on me, my team, other individuals, or the University, or that conflict with the spirit or intent of this Code or the Code of Student Responsibilities. Whenever possible, I will discourage others from posting text or photographs that could be deemed unflattering or damaging to my, or others', reputation, or the reputations of the team or the University. I acknowledge that I am required to comply with the Rules and Guidelines for Student-Athlete Use of Social Media."

Anyone have Fordham's Code of Conduct?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:46:46 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: