fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:39:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham vs. St. Francis - PreGame/InGame 12/9, 3pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham vs. St. Francis - PreGame/InGame 12/9, 3pm  (Read 2723 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:43 am »

Once you're able to separate from the Harvard hellhole thread, join us.

St. Francis is pure dogsh*t. They played Manhattan OT in November, and lost to Duquesne by 10.

After seeing the Maine result, anything is possible.

Need more than just a victory - need to see players aside from Slanina or Tavares take control and assert. Otherwise, we can't be competitive outside of Florida A&M.

Need something to look forward to for league play.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Social Buttons

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:13:59 am »

Rams 62  Boston Terriers who have destroyed my living room  57
Report Spam   Logged
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 11:20:07 am »

If you want to watch a well coached team, get there at 1pm and watch the ladies play Iona
Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 11:34:06 am »

St. Francis is pure dogsh*t. They played Manhattan OT in November, and lost to Duquesne by 10.

Need more than just a victory - need to see players aside from Slanina or Tavares take control and assert. Otherwise, we can't be competitive outside of Florida A&M.

You're back!  Hallelujah.  I am the worst thread starter ever.  We should not have beaten Maine and then last night and I also started the Maryland Eastern Shore game thread a while back.  If I ever start another game thread please immediately delete.

I appreciate Chartouny providing desperately needed rebounding and his defense and overall stat sheet stuffing, but point blank we need his scoring.  He and Tavares and Slanina combining for 45 ppg and a 4th random guy getting 10 each night has to be the foundation.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:41:13 am »

We are also "pure dogsh*t." At the moment at least.
Report Spam   Logged
Vinseiro2
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 12:41:37 pm »

Loyola-Chicago just took out #5 Florida on the road, another comparable Jesuit school having success in D1 basketball.  But somehow we should be dropping down.

We'll take out St. Francis and show those fellow Jesuits what we're made of in the big city.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:23 pm »

and again, I'm not just looking for a bs 7-point victory. As I alluded to in starting the thread, need to see huge gains from some of the big question marks. Can't have a 2-man lineup, need 5+ guys giving us something.

Raut is 3/16 over our last three games. Right now, he's probably the third best scoring option. Need to see him fill it against an inferior team. Perris Hicks was a non-factor last night, 10 minutes and zero's. It's now or never. Evans with just 6 shot attempts last night, 4 the previous game over 32 minutes. That's difficult to believe. If he's going to break out of it, he'll need to attack the rim and build his confidence at the line. and is there anything, at all, in Pekarek?

Fordham 73
St. Francis 59

But I wouldn't bet on it.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 01:14:12 pm »

They play 10 guys 10 or more minutes a game, and 13 guys 8 or more minutes.  Some guys have missed some games though, but they go deep.  Mediocrity, but a lot of it.  The 337th offense versus the 339th offense.  Oof.  .287 from 3.  Pikers!  Almost like they are trying.

Slanina has lowered his fouling this year.  Last 2 games 2 and 1.  Partly probably because he's aware of the depth issue, but at least it hasn't hurt the D much.

Who else will step up?  Looks like Pekarek of all the players tried to.  His usage % was 24.6% while on the court against Harvard, almost as high as Tavares and Slanina.  Six shots in 14 minutes. No one else was over 20%.  Uh, maybe he's not the guy we want using up a lot of possessions.  

I'll go JC as the step up guy, 16 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals.  A Festivus miracle, five guys in double figures.  79-58.  Not betting with my head.   They only lost to Notre Dame 71-53.
Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 03:19:34 pm »

Slanina has lowered his fouling this year.  Last 2 games 2 and 1.  Partly probably because he's aware of the depth issue, but at least it hasn't hurt the D much.

another factor is the % of time we are playing zone     less likely to foul than in man-to-man

Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 04:05:24 pm »

They play 10 guys 10 or more minutes a game, and 13 guys 8 or more minutes.  Some guys have missed some games though, but they go deep.  Mediocrity, but a lot of it.  The 337th offense versus the 339th offense.  Oof.  .287 from 3.  Pikers!  Almost like they are trying.

Who else will step up?  Looks like Pekarek of all the players tried to.  His usage % was 24.6% while on the court against Harvard, almost as high as Tavares and Slanina.  Six shots in 14 minutes. No one else was over 20%.  Uh, maybe he's not the guy we want using up a lot of possessions.  

I'll go JC as the step up guy, 16 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals.  A Festivus miracle, five guys in double figures.  79-58.  Not betting with my head.   They only lost to Notre Dame 71-53.

All these stats you throw out are interesting but in the end what does it really mean. Usage % for Pekarek? All I know is the guy was 1-6 in the game and I believe 2-18 on the season. All I know is I don't want him shooting, I also believe most if not all of his shots are from 3 point range. Talk about one dimensional. How about taking a shot from closer range or God forbid driving to the basket. Yeah I know he isn't the type to put the ball on the floor and make a move to the hoop but you can't keep having a guy shooting 10% keep taking these shots.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 05:02:44 pm »

Yes, here it was 6 shots, all from deep.  Too many in 14 minutes from him. Usage % isn't always shots.  And generally Pekarek's isn't very high.

Tavares took 11 shots in 36 minutes to 6 for Pekarek in 14.  But WT's usage rate is higher, because he had 3 turnovers and went to the line 5 times, all part of the formula.  It's a shorthand.  Yes, it encompasses too many shots. I could have said that.

Peter's call for Raut to be the next option seems good.  Hasn't been there last few games but he has had a couple of good games and a couple of decent ones as  a freshman.  Hicks likewise.  At least overall their heads are above water as shooters. At least their eFG%s are over 50%, more than you can say for the other guys aside from Slanina and Tavares.     
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 09:44:12 am »

Kenpom says 67-57 win. At this point we are playing out the string in the ooc getting ready for what is a weak A-10 this year.   
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 09:53:16 am »

Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 10:05:40 am »

At halftime, perhaps Jalen Jordan will want to tour around campus. 45% 3-pt, 3 years of eligibility after the year. Region 2 5A POY. Time well spent on a Saturday afternoon.
Report Spam   Logged

drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 10:42:09 am »

100 * ((FGA + .44 * FTA + TOV) * (TmMP/5)/(MP * (TmFGA + .44 * TmFTA + TmTOV))

Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 11:27:31 am »

At halftime, perhaps Jalen Jordan will want to tour around campus. 45% 3-pt, 3 years of eligibility after the year. Region 2 5A POY. Time well spent on a Saturday afternoon.
The snow always make campus look better.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 11:33:05 am »

And it is Santacon.....nothing like a bunch of drunk and out control hooligans in red! 
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 10:06:45 am »

Snow storm likely to hold down crowd. One inch expected by game time. 
Report Spam   Logged
klb75119
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 10:26:26 am »

One inch? Snowstorm? What a bunch of snowflakes!!
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 11:07:33 am »

Snow storm likely to hold down crowd. One inch expected by game time. 

Over 1” has already fallen by 11am.  Expect more like 3-6” by game time.  The storm will likely depress the “crowd” size.  The St Francis players may have to take the subway to the RHG to avoid being stuck in Holiday traffic.   Evil
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 11:16:19 am »

Over 1” has already fallen by 11am.  Expect more like 3-6” by game time.  The storm will likely depress the “crowd” size.  The St Francis players may have to take the subway to the RHG to avoid being stuck in Holiday traffic.   Evil

3-6" in the Bronx? Even side roads are only wet here in Westchester.
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 11:35:54 am »

Loyola-Chicago just took out #5 Florida on the road, another comparable Jesuit school having success in D1 basketball.  But somehow we should be dropping down.

http://www.loyolaramblers.com/images/2017/7/5/Gentile_Arena_2017.jpg
Seriously, any post comparing Fordham with any other comparable Jesuit school that's "having success in D1 basketball" should be met with a photo like the one above. EVERY TIME.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:20:44 pm by ace93 » Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 12:06:02 pm »

Nice that Loyola draws and has started out well. They have an even longer tournament drought then Fordham and 6 winning season in 32 years.  But they are following up a winning season with a better one. This coach Moser's 7th year. It took him to his 4th to get above .500 and this should be his first repeat year above .500.

They have the '63 title, so they fell pretty hard. Nice to see them doing well.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 12:11:54 pm »

St. Francis game thread and we have photos of the Loyola gym.  Huh?

This board has become (always was?) an extension of Dagger Johns degenerate haven.

As for today's "crowd" it would have been empty regardless. Go win the game convincingly. They should. They have to.
Report Spam   Logged

Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 12:16:43 pm »

Yup...that's where we are...
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 12:21:39 pm »

This board has become (always was?) an extension of Dagger Johns degenerate haven.

As for today's "crowd" it would have been empty regardless. Go win the game convincingly. They should. They have to.

Yourself included, right?

In Vooter's defense, he only included a link. I converted it to an image without realizing how big it would be. I converted it back to just a link to the image.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 12:29:14 pm »

In Vooter's defense, he only included a link. I converted it to an image without realizing how big it would be. I converted it back to just a link to the image.

good job.
Report Spam   Logged

drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 12:31:54 pm »

And they are in year 7 of a coach in about a 55 year rebuild.  

Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 12:36:37 pm »

Rams 73
Pooches 56
Snow on Rose Hill at game time 2.3 inches
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 12:39:51 pm »

Rams 73
Pooches 56
Snow on Rose Hill at game time 2.3 inches

I had 73-59 above, we’re seeing the same game.

Who do you see breaking through offensively for our 73 side?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: