fordhamfans.com
July 20, 2017, 08:40:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 [556] 557 558   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 891567 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16650 on: July 17, 2017, 02:29:18 pm »

If you were to pick two A10 schools that Fordham has the strongest academic comp. towards, I'd be inclined to lean Davidson and George Washington.

No coincidence that both account for 4-5 players each. Both programs have a long history of international success, and that has a direct correlation on future signings. Davidson didn't get Gudmundson out of the blue. Next time around, maybe you get the next Yuta Watanabe.

A. Playing the international roulette gives Fordham a better chance to close the talent gap.

B. Generalization, Fordham is more inclined to be appealing to the international pool (NYC, academics, campus) - better students, city driven, want the business program/internships, etc. more big picture oriented.

C. You're (likely) more inclined to get an under-the-radar player abroad than in your back yard. Can Dunston happen? It did, but the next Sengfelder is more likely. But there needs to be more 'hits' -  whether it be as go-to-impact arrivals or role players. You can't add four Turkish kids and have only one contribute significantly. The DePaul transfer has to be a player. Is Ivan Raut going to be Andy Rautins? Havsa must parlay his international play into another leap. (and I believe he will)...This theme goes back to the 'A10 Talent' thread at the top of the page. Pekarek, Slanina, etc - I don't know if these are the "right" signings that move the needle, but I do buy into the idea that there's a better "hit" rate here; with more upside on a big that we'd have no shot at regionally.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:58:04 pm by PeterMartin08 » Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 [556] 557 558   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: