fordhamfans.com
April 30, 2017, 02:58:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 ... 539   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 867452 times)
acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15840 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:33 pm »

Like many of you, I'm starved for some good recruiting info and there is not much out there.  So I did some research on twitter.  The following players are recently being followed by Ali Ton and are also following him in return.  Not sure of the interest level here but there must be at least some.  There are a lot more players he follows and follow him, but I kept this list to just mutual follows and 2017 targets.

Ty Lazenby - 6'5 -Tonkawa, OK - Northern Oklahoma College
Interest from : Penn State, Utah, Texas Tech
Averaged 23pg, 36% 3pt, 86% FT

Deishuan Booker - 6'3 - Las Vegas, NV - College of Southern Idaho   
Interest from : Umass, Southern Utah, Cal State Northridge, Loyola Marymount, Cal Poly, Hofstra
Averaged 10pg, 6 assists, 2 steals

Amin Adamu - 6'3 - London - Barking Abbey School

Bertan BASTAN - 6'6 - Turkey - U-18 Turkish National Team

Erim Mertoğlu  - 6'8 - Turkey - DME Academy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:04:45 pm by acrammer » Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15841 on: April 11, 2017, 02:19:47 pm »

Okay thats excellent work as I search twitter a few times a day but thats another level. Good job.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15842 on: April 11, 2017, 02:57:11 pm »

https://academy.hssports.com/team/players/145/169/home
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15843 on: April 11, 2017, 03:00:35 pm »

http://www.dmesports.com/erim-mertoglu-karne/
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15844 on: April 11, 2017, 07:16:28 pm »

Zach Braziller‏Verified account @NYPost_Brazille 13 minutes ago
Brooklyn 2017 forward Isaac Kante took second visit in as many weeks to St. John's over weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: April 11, 2017, 07:26:54 pm »

I predict we sign one Guy from current names on verbal commits and 3 totally new recruits.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15846 on: April 11, 2017, 07:33:19 pm »

I predict we sign one Guy from current names on verbal commits and 3 totally new recruits.

I agree. Almost all of the guys on verbal commits seem to be slipping away.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: April 11, 2017, 07:50:42 pm »

Expect some surprises.
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15848 on: April 11, 2017, 08:27:16 pm »

Expect some surprises.

please tell me good ones
Report Spam   Logged
Sufferam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15849 on: April 11, 2017, 08:56:37 pm »

Expect some surprises.

If you expect to be surprised expect to find yourself less surprised than you expected to be.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15850 on: April 12, 2017, 12:34:56 am »

If you expect to be surprised expect to find yourself less surprised than you expected to be.

OK, that one made my brain hurt . . .
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:05 am »

When you can take the the pebble from my hand Kung Fu...... I expect to be surprised
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15852 on: April 12, 2017, 09:48:19 am »

"Expect some surprises" could be the new "stay tuned" for Spring 2017.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: April 12, 2017, 10:08:28 am »

It looks like every recruit we sign will be a surprise since right now we don't have a clue who the staff is close to signing
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15854 on: April 12, 2017, 01:27:31 pm »

I highly recommend bookmarking the following page for the days and weeks to come:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2017
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
97Ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15855 on: April 12, 2017, 02:18:27 pm »

I highly recommend bookmarking the following page for the days and weeks to come:

I see a few guys that people were speculating about here have already announced plans to go elsewhere.  Kerem Kanter, Turkish big man from Green Bay, is going to Xavier; and Mikey Dixon from Quinnipiac is going to St. Johns.  I doubt either was in the mix here, but just passing it along since their names were mentioned here. 

I've heard very little about Matt Ryan.  Does anyone know if he's potentially in play for us?
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: April 12, 2017, 03:47:05 pm »

there is an enormous array of 3star+ talent up for grabs.   If we can't come back with a 3, and a hot shooting 2 .... something is wrong with our offering.  I assume a fair share of the big conference talent will move down for playing time, or a fresh start.

Thanks PM08
Report Spam   Logged
El Jefe
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15857 on: April 12, 2017, 06:26:35 pm »

With lots of schools on break this week for religious holidays, I do not expect many announcements until the middle of next week.  As we have seen, recruits like to hold press conferences at their schools with their family, teammates and friends in attendance.  This may not be possible until schools are back in session.  Just a thought.   
Report Spam   Logged
cbbdan
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: April 12, 2017, 06:43:49 pm »

Greg Calixte of Mt. Vernon committed to George Mason. Frustrating to see a 6'8"/6'9" guy right in our backyard go to another A10 school. Tired of every time someone brings up a ny recruit everyone starts crying saying we don't need local players. Obviously were not going to have 13 players from ny but we should offer the ones that are clearly good enough to play here. I don't understand the pickiness of this progam, we barely have A10 players on our team. We definitely could of used this kid. I swear people have been saying ny hs basketball is down so much lately, that it's actually become underrated imo. There might not be nba players coming out of ny but there are plenty of guys who make an impact at the college level. Hopefully some actual recruiting news will come out soon it's crazy not even 1 commit yet.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: April 12, 2017, 08:17:27 pm »

With lots of schools on break this week for religious holidays, I do not expect many announcements until the middle of next week.  As we have seen, recruits like to hold press conferences at their schools with their family, teammates and friends in attendance.  This may not be possible until schools are back in session.  Just a thought.   

We generally don't get those type of recruits that have that type of fan fair when they announce. I recall Severe was the only one in recent memory. Paschall committed early.
Report Spam   Logged
Vinseiro2
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: April 13, 2017, 09:49:24 am »

Greg Calixte of Mt. Vernon committed to George Mason. Frustrating to see a 6'8"/6'9" guy right in our backyard go to another A10 school. Tired of every time someone brings up a ny recruit everyone starts crying saying we don't need local players. Obviously were not going to have 13 players from ny but we should offer the ones that are clearly good enough to play here. I don't understand the pickiness of this progam, we barely have A10 players on our team. We definitely could of used this kid. I swear people have been saying ny hs basketball is down so much lately, that it's actually become underrated imo. There might not be nba players coming out of ny but there are plenty of guys who make an impact at the college level. Hopefully some actual recruiting news will come out soon it's crazy not even 1 commit yet.

+1.  But don't worry, we've got Turkey covered  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: April 13, 2017, 10:46:30 am »

Greg Calixte of Mt. Vernon committed to George Mason. Frustrating to see a 6'8"/6'9" guy right in our backyard go to another A10 school.

Didn't Mason have another Mt. Vernon alumnus recently? Anyway, Mason's a very different school from Fordham -- a chance to move away (but not too far away), suburban campus, 10,000 seat arena if you can fill it. And they had a 20 win season.

With Chiles having departed, I'm not sure the current staff has much of a feel for the NY recruiting scene.  But then the previous coach claimed to "own" that scene, and we all saw how well that worked out. 

Other coaches have been pretty savage in negative recruiting against Fordham -- the usual reasons. I think that's why JN tries to keep it under the radar that we're even involved with a player.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: April 13, 2017, 11:23:08 am »

Didn't Mason have another Mt. Vernon alumnus recently? Anyway, Mason's a very different school from Fordham -- a chance to move away (but not too far away), suburban campus, 10,000 seat arena if you can fill it. And they had a 20 win season.

With Chiles having departed, I'm not sure the current staff has much of a feel for the NY recruiting scene.  But then the previous coach claimed to "own" that scene, and we all saw how well that worked out. 

Other coaches have been pretty savage in negative recruiting against Fordham -- the usual reasons. I think that's why JN tries to keep it under the radar that we're even involved with a player.

The Other coaches you are talking about are at the college level. There needs to be a reconnecting with the coaches of high schools on the local level. That would help. Case in point why Indiana fired their coach recently.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: April 13, 2017, 12:12:47 pm »

We generally don't get those type of recruits that have that type of fan fair when they announce. I recall Severe was the only one in recent memory. Paschall committed early.
[/quote

Actually, its going in the other direction 78.  These kids have watched the big announcements for years, and they want their own version of the "big signing day".... even DIII has come up with an NCAA approved commitment letter, for a ceremonial signing.  it's funny because no scholarship is part of the deal.  They did this because almost every HS senior wants their photo in the folding table with a banner , t shirt and hat.  Mom, Dad and Coach get in the act.

I see them for DIII golfers, swimmers, tennis players, etc.

It's a nice emotional reward after 4 years of hard work.

And, this is the first generation to actually value fame more than affluence (longitudinal surveys from Pew or Gallup if I recall correctly)
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15864 on: April 13, 2017, 01:14:22 pm »

Peter Kiss on a couple visits per Rothstein.

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein  29m29 minutes ago
More
 Quinnipiac transfer Peter Kiss tells me he will visit Auburn Friday and Rutgers in the near future.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: April 13, 2017, 02:26:01 pm »

Most kids want to leave their backyard now.  The reality is we are not building our team on local talent and I am fine with that as long as we get players.  I will wrap myself up in the Turkish flag at games if we get 5 guys from there who can ball.  Hell we can play their national anthem for all I care. Get players make sure the visas are in order and win games if that is what it takes. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: April 13, 2017, 03:16:30 pm »

Peter Kiss on a couple visits per Rothstein.

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein  29m29 minutes ago
More
 Quinnipiac transfer Peter Kiss tells me he will visit Auburn Friday and Rutgers in the near future.

This is the same Peter Kiss whom many here slammed as "not good enough" for Fordham.

Report Spam   Logged

Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: April 13, 2017, 03:18:19 pm »

This is the same Peter Kiss whom many here slammed as "not good enough" for Fordham.

Auburn is garbage in bball.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15868 on: April 13, 2017, 04:16:21 pm »

Auburn is garbage in bball.

Well. Garbage may be relative...I think they won 18 games. 100M arena. An ESPN talking head creep in Bruce Pearl.

If he's good enough for Rutgers and Auburn basketball, he's probably good enough for Fordham basketball.
Report Spam   Logged

FU85
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: April 13, 2017, 05:12:35 pm »

Sherrod Wright went to George mason after DW made a late attempt to get into the mix. I thought we should have made an attempt to go after Calixte but I hope our staff has some pleasant surprises for us fans in the next two weeks.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 ... 539   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: