fordhamfans.com
December 12, 2017, 03:01:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 ... 568   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 911682 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15900 on: April 16, 2017, 10:58:31 pm »

Any thoughts on Ruben Guerrero, the kid from Spain who's transferring out of South Florida? As the saying goes, you can't teach 7-0, 235...

http://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1265766

Fordham needs immediate help, in bulk. Four basketball players away from competing. This is no time for a Sasha Ziskunov impersonator.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15901 on: April 17, 2017, 07:43:18 am »

Okay, then, how about Miles Banks, a Queens kid who's transferring out of one my favorite D1 schools, Incarnate Word. 6-9, 250...come on home, Miles!

http://verbalcommits.com/players/miles-banks

Or even better, how about Tanveer Bulhaar? He's from Toronto, and he's 7-3, 335! Transferring out of New Mexico State. Video included in this link...

http://verbalcommits.com/players/tanveer-bhullar
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15902 on: April 17, 2017, 12:12:58 pm »

Notre Dame transfer Matt Ryan is visiting Cal-Berkeley - has already visited Vanderbilt. Hes also considering Georgetown and GW.
Report Spam   Logged
acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15903 on: April 17, 2017, 12:36:53 pm »

Notre Dame transfer Matt Ryan is visiting Cal-Berkeley - has already visited Vanderbilt. Hes also considering Georgetown and GW.

So is he not considering Fordham?
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15904 on: April 17, 2017, 12:45:11 pm »

Good info. Nothing on Fordham though?

Patrick Ewing reached out to Matt Ryan. As per Adam Zagoria, Matt is considering Georgetown and GW. 'Casual Hoya' blog has the updated story.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15905 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:38 pm »

So, this isn't "constructive" but this situation is becoming dire. I was (blindly) under the impression that JN could immediately attract 2-3 impact signings under the presumption of instant PT. Players want to play. Shooters want to shoot. I believe I alluded to it as a "give the car keys" situation. No one wants to drive this car? It's late, early. April 17th.

Even with Chartouny, a lineup of JC, Havsa, Tavares, Chuba, Slanina is going to win 4 basketball games all season, zero after Christmas.

As I mentioned before, this 'lineup' is four impact players aware from competing. Need to see blue ink soon, for the right names.
Report Spam   Logged

charlietags
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15906 on: April 17, 2017, 01:04:53 pm »

We really do not have the talent to compete right now. We have a pretty good coach but sadly no players. How the hell did this happen?  Unfortunately we have an administration that really does not care one bit about winning Basketball games. IMMHO. And I have voiced my concern directly to Fr. McShane who quickly changes the subject.  I love Frank M and he is a friend but this latest BS is so completely out of line I can't believe it. If they wanted to honor someone they should have honored Johnny Bach.

Now how the hell do we put 4 solid players on the team for next year?
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15907 on: April 17, 2017, 01:07:57 pm »

So, this isn't "constructive" but this situation is becoming dire. I was (blindly) under the impression that JN could immediately attract 2-3 impact signings under the presumption of instant PT. Players want to play. Shooters want to shoot. I believe I alluded to it as a "give the car keys" situation. No one wants to drive this car? It's late, early. April 17th.

Even with Chartouny, a lineup of JC, Havsa, Tavares, Chuba, Slanina is going to win 4 basketball games all season, zero after Christmas.

As I mentioned before, this 'lineup' is four impact players aware from competing. Need to see blue ink soon, for the right names.

Rambacker said we were going to surprised - only A-10 team to not sign anyone thus far? Late, late.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15908 on: April 17, 2017, 01:16:52 pm »

We really do not have the talent to compete right now. We have a pretty good coach but sadly no players. How the hell did this happen?  Unfortunately we have an administration that really does not care one bit about winning Basketball games. IMMHO. And I have voiced my concern directly to Fr. McShane who quickly changes the subject.  I love Frank M and he is a friend but this latest BS is so completely out of line I can't believe it. If they wanted to honor someone they should have honored Johnny Bach.

Now how the hell do we put 4 solid players on the team for next year?

Being a good coach involves a number of things. JN showed he can coach game wise. It's still to be proven whether he can succeed at recruiting. We will soon find out. He does need to bring in some good talent in the next few weeks.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15909 on: April 17, 2017, 01:17:29 pm »

Rambacker said we were going to surprised - only A-10 team to not sign anyone thus far? Late, late.

Well, I'm surprised. Negatively.
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15910 on: April 17, 2017, 01:49:31 pm »

Well, I'm surprised. Negatively.

Uken was the Juco guy but he's demoted. Who is hitting the Juco's? Ton/Depaoli?
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15911 on: April 17, 2017, 02:21:33 pm »

In the past, FU usually waited until the end of the recruiting period to announce whatever recruits they were able to come up with.  Information moves much quicker today, and even though there's not been any attempt to keep FU's dwindling fan base informed, it makes sense to start getting information out to the base as soon as possible. 

...If there is any information to report.
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15912 on: April 17, 2017, 02:24:49 pm »

In the past, FU usually waited until the end of the recruiting period to announce whatever recruits they were able to come up with.  Information moves much quicker today, and even though there's not been any attempt to keep FU's dwindling fan base informed, it makes sense to start getting information out to the base as soon as possible. 

yeah, but kids report on twitter or whatever so we know quickly.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15913 on: April 17, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »

Not true. Anyone we would have signed as an early commitment would have been known at the time. There was a separate and big announcement when Severe signed on. With social media today any one who signs on will be noticed right away.
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15914 on: April 17, 2017, 03:04:52 pm »

Maybe we've offered international guys and they have to be cleared before accepting/being offered a scholarship. Just a thought.
Report Spam   Logged

We didnt get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. I can see it coming.

-Tom Pecora
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15915 on: April 17, 2017, 03:44:40 pm »

I think the 4 games all year, zero after xmas is a tad pessimistic. I notice you don't have Hicks in there, and fair enough.  But Havsa, Ohams, Bunting and Tavares all played double digit minutes or more in the 3 game win streak against Rhode Island, Saint Louis and Duquesne.  Slanina scored double digits in wins over UMass, Davidson and Saint Joe's.  Chartouny is a known commodity.  Pekarek started during the 4 game A-10 win streak tail end of 2016.  Zarkko played double digit minutes in those games as well. 

Add Hicks into the mix and I think JN can get them to win some games.  He managed some awfully short lineups at times last year.  Now, for the most part these guys haven't been asked to produce much offense.  Chartouny has at times.  Slanina a couple of times showed promise.  Even Havsa at times.  So it'll again have to use D as a calling card.

I agree they need more guys, but 0-16 in the A-10 is a bit of a stretch even with no one else.

Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15916 on: April 17, 2017, 04:08:02 pm »

I think the 4 games all year, zero after xmas is a tad pessimistic. I notice you don't have Hicks in there, and fair enough.  But Havsa, Ohams, Bunting and Tavares all played double digit minutes or more in the 3 game win streak against Rhode Island, Saint Louis and Duquesne.  Slanina scored double digits in wins over UMass, Davidson and Saint Joe's.  Chartouny is a known commodity.  Pekarek started during the 4 game A-10 win streak tail end of 2016.  Zarkko played double digit minutes in those games as well. 

Add Hicks into the mix and I think JN can get them to win some games.  He managed some awfully short lineups at times last year.  Now, for the most part these guys haven't been asked to produce much offense.  Chartouny has at times.  Slanina a couple of times showed promise.  Even Havsa at times.  So it'll again have to use D as a calling card.

I agree they need more guys, but 0-16 in the A-10 is a bit of a stretch even with no one else.

Fact is, that won't be the lineup. It can't be. (Right?) ...but you understand my point, and I don't think you disagree either.

I like Havsa and I actually believe Hicks will give us what I thought Tavares would (and didn't), but it's still four players off. If the aggressive D- is the calling card, you need nine guys flying around. Hawkins, AA, CS are all out. You need Collins, a JUCO scorer, and an impact forward in. All three. Not one of three or maybe 1 1/2. Need all three by May 18th.
Report Spam   Logged

drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15917 on: April 17, 2017, 04:16:26 pm »

Fact is, that won't be the lineup. It can't be. (Right?) ...but you understand my point, and I don't think you disagree either.

I like Havsa and I actually believe Hicks will give us what I thought Tavares would (and didn't), but it's still four players off. If the aggressive D- is the calling card, you need nine guys flying around. Hawkins, AA, CS are all out. You need Collins, a JUCO scorer, and an impact forward in. All three. Not one of three or maybe 1 1/2. Need all three by May 18th.

They need some bodies.  If I wed myself to needing all 3 I have a feeling I'll be disappointed before a game is played.  But I like your list and I'd be a lot more optimistic if it came to be.

Right now even if all come back and healthy it's:

Chartouny
Hicks
Tavares
Ohams
Slanina

Havsa
Zarko
Saglam
Pekarek
Bunting

If we could get them some fake IDs I think they'd have a chance at the Turkish 16 and unders.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15918 on: April 17, 2017, 04:21:29 pm »

They need some bodies.  If I wed myself to needing all 3 I have a feeling I'll be disappointed before a game is played.  But I like your list and I'd be a lot more optimistic if it came to be.

Chartouny
Hicks
Tavares
Ohams
Slanina

Havsa
Zarko
Saglam
Pekarek
Bunting

If we could get them some fake IDs I think they'd have a chance at the Turkish 16 and unders.

I did laugh on the U-16 line...

That lineup is Patriot League and would/will get banged out of the gym by Lafayette. I'm going to be optimistic and maintain that there will be three added. Three starters in thirty days. I'm not watching Tavares go 3 for 13 next winter. I'm just not.
Report Spam   Logged

John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15919 on: April 17, 2017, 05:43:45 pm »

Chartouny
Hicks
Tavares
Ohams
Slanina

Havsa
Zarko
Saglam
Pekarek
Bunting

Don't know about getting banged out of the gym by Lafayette, but that strikes me as a bottom four A-10 side, for sure. Your "starting" lineup has only 3 man-years of D-I experience. As for your second unit, you're counting a walk-on in it. You'd need a lot of improvement and everyone staying healthy to remain marginally credible in the A-10 with that group.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15920 on: April 17, 2017, 06:00:18 pm »

Unless Hicks is AI, that lineup is going to rank dead last in scoring. Defensively, losing Hawkins toughness is death to Chuba. He's a baby deer, there's no way he can play 25-30 min against A10 big men. Pekarek is a pipe cleaner. You need one or two forwards that can bang, along with a scoring guard. "Bottom 4" is generous, even with a couple additions.
Report Spam   Logged

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15921 on: April 17, 2017, 06:03:12 pm »

Unless Hicks is AI, that lineup is going to rank dead last in scoring. Defensively, losing Hawkins toughness is death to Chuba. He's a baby deer, there's no way he can play 25-30 min against A10 big men. Pekarek is a pipe cleaner. You need one or two forwards that can bang, along with a scoring guard. "Bottom 4" is generous, even with a couple additions.

Chuba played 35 minutes against VCU and had 10 rebounds. Mo Allie Cox did not have a field goal. I think he can play against the bigs in the A-10, he is skinny but he uses his length and he knows how to get into position to rebound.  The concern with him and Slanina is that they foul too much. That can be an experience thing but they have to cut them down.

These guys didnt get a lot of minutes ( Ohams, Bunting, Havsa ) to get a full evaluation.   They showed glimpses of being solid A-10 players but will have to take the next step, right out of the gate.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15922 on: April 17, 2017, 06:08:25 pm »

Chartouny
Hicks
Tavares
Ohams
Slanina

Havsa
Zarko
Saglam
Pekarek
Bunting

Drunkie... we are getting close to "drink the Kool-Aid my children" if we think that is a competitive lineup!

-It would take Hicks to far exceed expectation (possible)
-Ohams to continue to breakout (Probable... just how much?)
-Slania to cure his foul problem, get stronger (possible... I think he will)
-Taveres to turn into a new player (doubtful)

If we pull an inside straight on all four, we might compete.    Odds on pulling that straight?

(game show music.... ding)

Exactly, that's the right answer. I'm not counting on it either.

I'm worried as hell.

If I'm JN, I'm trying to figure out my best exit plan.   
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15923 on: April 17, 2017, 06:20:37 pm »

Drunkie... we are getting close to "drink the Kool-Aid my children" if we think that is a competitive lineup!

If I'm JN, I'm trying to figure out my best exit plan.   

Bingo. Which is why I'm driving home this "four players away from competing" line. If JN intends to play 17-18 with this team, it's a clear message he's resigned to collect a check and coach Wofford A&T in 18-19. I'm not having it. Do your job. Lose AA/CS, fine. Get three A10 players in over the next thirty days. For anyone that wants to massage this current lineup to be "playable," you'll long for the Fatty McMillan days. I'm not throwing the towel in, I'm just alert to the consequences of what next season looks like without these bare requirements.
Report Spam   Logged

RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15924 on: April 17, 2017, 07:33:28 pm »

Providence Sophomore Ryan Fazekas visited Fordham according to the article/tweet below.

https://vanderbilt.247sports.com/Article/Vanderbilt-pursuing-Providence-transfer-Ryan-Fazekas-52313294/Amp

Mike Hopkins
@pcbb1917
Fazekas also visited Fordham last weekend #pcbb https://t.co/CeM4gjPHp6

Ryan Fazekas is currently visiting Vandy. Expected to choose between Fordham, Valpo, Vandy by end of week.

Vandy is considered the clear leader.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:05:45 pm by RAM71 » Report Spam   Logged
fholbr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15925 on: April 17, 2017, 09:24:57 pm »

I just saw 2 retweets by FU FB from recruits saying they received offers from FU FB for 2018.  Why can't BB do this?
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15926 on: April 17, 2017, 11:50:25 pm »

If I have this right, David Collins' list: South Florida, Duquesne, Akron and an unknown fourth school. 247 Sports reports South Florida is the favorite. Fantastic. I wonder if Payton Banks joining S. Florida from Penn State changes that decision.

Report Spam   Logged

RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: April 18, 2017, 07:37:14 am »

We were high on David Collins' list a few weeks ago. I am not sure what happened to change that, if it in fact has changed.

I think he would pick VCU, IF they really wanted him.
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: April 18, 2017, 08:33:43 am »

Anyone know anything about Joel Angus III, a 6-7, 215 Brooklyn kid who's transferring out of Southeast Missouri State and is immediately eligible? I think he sat out last year with a hip injury...

http://verbalcommits.com/players/joel-angus-iii
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15929 on: April 18, 2017, 08:47:59 am »

Angus could be the beef we need.  Roll Eyes

2 transfers would really help. if we got him and Seth Berger. We could have an Angus/Berger front court.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 ... 568   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: