fordhamfans.com
July 24, 2017, 08:44:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 538 ... 558   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 892867 times)
cbbdan
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15960 on: April 19, 2017, 05:54:01 pm »

Ryan Fazekas down to #Valparaiso and Fordham, per a source. @michaelosipoff
Wonderful, got to like our chances...Didn't mean to upset anyone about facilities and I wont bring it up again. It was too good of a set up not to bring it up.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15961 on: April 19, 2017, 06:46:04 pm »

No worries ....... its a common theme.... as is 1971....
Report Spam   Logged
fholbr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15962 on: April 19, 2017, 07:18:24 pm »

Santos is looking at other options:

Jon Rothstein‏
Verified account
 @JonRothstein  5m
5 minutes ago

More
South Florida transfer Luis Santos will visit Saint Louis starting on Thursday, per a source.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15963 on: April 19, 2017, 07:48:58 pm »

If I didn't know better, I would begin to think that Fordham has told all of the guys we are supposedly recruiting to forget about it. It is difficult to be recruiting so many players and not yet have a single commitment for next season.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15964 on: April 19, 2017, 11:46:46 pm »

I'm thinking we should adopt a family of crickets as the official mascots of Fordham hoops recruiting news.

Hopefully, this just signifies that JN and company are holding out for A-10 quality recruits, and not following the practice of the past couple of coaching staffs, which was to ink some NEC or Patriot-level players (or NEC- and Patriot-level aspirants who are really D-II players) and hoping they can "play up".

Maybe Disney will license us Jiminy Cricket as our recruiting spokesperson. Once you burrow deep into the spring signing period, silence isn't so golden.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15965 on: April 20, 2017, 08:40:00 am »

In addition to Vanderbilt, Matt Ryan visited Cal yesterday. I do not see how Fordham would be in contention.

David Collins will make a decision "early May" - again, I do not see how Fordham would be in contention.

I would speculate that part of the silence is in large part because the domestic situation is dire. Wouldn't be surprised to see another Turk or two added.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15966 on: April 20, 2017, 09:17:37 am »

In addition to Vanderbilt, Matt Ryan visited Cal yesterday. I do not see how Fordham would be in contention.

David Collins will make a decision "early May" - again, I do not see how Fordham would be in contention.

I would speculate that part of the silence is in large part because the domestic situation is dire. Wouldn't be surprised to see another Turk or two added.

Agree on the overseas recruits but JN has always kept tight control over info on his probable recruits. I won't be surprised if we also see at least 1 juco transfer.
Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15967 on: April 20, 2017, 09:34:33 am »

Lehigh got a commit from a big Canadian.  I think Myles Johnson is still likely to stay in California but one contender for his services seems to be off the board.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15968 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:29 am »

Where we ever in contention for Matt Ryan? I questioned his mention here from the beginning.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15969 on: April 20, 2017, 09:51:37 am »

Fazekas tweeted he was visiting Vandy, too.  He liked a reply to that saying he should come to Fordham.

Last year we already had Hicks, papa and Ohams signed by now. Papa never came of course.  I think Slanina and Havsa signed later.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15970 on: April 20, 2017, 09:53:56 am »

Where we ever in contention for Matt Ryan? I questioned his mention here from the beginning.

He was seen in the admissions office at some point. That's probably more of a connection that 95% of the names mentioned here.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15971 on: April 20, 2017, 09:57:16 am »

He was seen in the admissions office at some point. That's probably more of a connection that 95% of the names mentioned here.

Last summer. Nothing linking him to Fordham in any way since he announced he was transferring from ND.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15972 on: April 20, 2017, 10:01:20 am »

Last summer. Nothing linking him to Fordham in any way since he announced he was transferring from ND.

Why the fixation though? I agree with 07, that connection (although dated) is more legitimate than 95% of the names listed here. I agree, it's unlikely - particularly given the high-major list he has.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15973 on: April 20, 2017, 10:04:19 am »

A really good find that a friend emailed me this morning:

College basketball transfers 2017-18: The best grad players available

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/4/18/15293782/college-basketball-transfers-2017-18-the-best-grad-players-available
Report Spam   Logged

ram64
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15974 on: April 20, 2017, 10:13:02 am »

The grad list seems to be fairly slim - most of the top players committed. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15975 on: April 20, 2017, 10:16:53 am »

Why the fixation though? I agree with 07, that connection (although dated) is more legitimate than 95% of the names listed here. I agree, it's unlikely - particularly given the high-major list he has.

Fixation? I think I have commented twice.  I would say that others are the ones that are fixated on continually mentioning him even though he was never considering us after he announced he was transferring. It is being mentioned as if we are losing out on him when we were never in with him this time around.

BTW, I am more than fine with the other 95% not being mentioned either, assuming that's accurate.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:52:44 am by ace93 » Report Spam   Logged

PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15976 on: April 20, 2017, 10:28:36 am »

The grad list seems to be fairly slim - most of the top players committed. 

Indeed. And the better names from that list that have not yet committed are going high-major.

Our offseason hockey trade cannot be AA, CS, Hawkins for Hicks and something non-impactful. Moreover, given that we've seen JN's inclination to sit freshmen into January (Chuba, Havsa) that doesn't bode well either.
Report Spam   Logged

joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15977 on: April 20, 2017, 10:51:19 am »

Definitely would disagree with 95 %.
Would wager that 80-90% of names brought up are sourced from either a journalist(bloggers included) or the player himself. Would make more sense to start a separate thread to tout a player.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15978 on: April 20, 2017, 10:54:28 am »

Definitely would disagree with 95 %.
Would wager that 80-90% of names brought up are sourced from either a journalist(bloggers included) or the player himself. Would make more sense to start a separate thread to tout a player.

+1

It is not a "recruiting update" if a kid is not mentioned somewhere to be either interested in us or recruited by us.
Report Spam   Logged

Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15979 on: April 20, 2017, 12:03:04 pm »

To understand the Fordham alumni fixation with the kid you have to think in terms of sociology and anthropology.

Matt
Ryan
Irish
Italian
Catholic
Iona Prep
Gym Rat
Westchester
Mom and Aunts probably carry rosary beads in their bag
Probably has an "Uncle Mikey" or "Cousin Quinn" in the family tree that commuted to Fordham
Attracted to a Catholic school (ND)

We always thought these kids are in our wheelhouse, our birthright, our entitlement for consideration. 

But welcome to the jet age Fordham, these kids get to travel and see that it's not all pig farms and corn fields west of New Jersey.

You can even get outrageously great pizza in Nashville now.... visitors should check out DeSano's near the end of Music Row. A four minute drive from Vanderbilt's athletic complex.

If the healthy young athlete is looking at his surroundings.....

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-an-McKbnPyg%2FUDJov6h3GKI%2FAAAAAAAAUck%2FMrNH5SM-8Bs%2Fs1600%2Fvandy13.jpeg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcheerleaderpics.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F08%2Fvanderbilt-cheerleaders-ready-for-season.html&docid=j13AyqNyf3SSkM&tbnid=wo_hlFe-H0dq4M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj188-jsrPTAhXM44MKHb6ECtY4ZBAzCB0oGjAa..i&w=720&h=405&bih=614&biw=1366&q=vanderbilt%20cheerleaders&ved=0ahUKEwj188-jsrPTAhXM44MKHb6ECtY4ZBAzCB0oGjAa&iact=mrc&uact=8

Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15980 on: April 20, 2017, 12:17:23 pm »

That clears it up
Report Spam   Logged
Waffle
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: April 20, 2017, 12:41:38 pm »

Rumor has Tyler Nelson leaving Fairfield. Kid is an outstanding player.  Will get high major looks. Dead eye shooter.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: April 20, 2017, 01:21:26 pm »

+1

It is not a "recruiting update" if a kid is not mentioned somewhere to be either interested in us or recruited by us.

+1 and now we have someone starting a separate thread for Ryan even though we have never been mentioned in the same breath with him other than on this Board. This thread has gone from a recruiting thread to a thread with nothing more than wishful thinking on a lot of people's part.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15983 on: April 20, 2017, 01:32:36 pm »

+1 and now we have someone starting a separate thread for Ryan even though we have never been mentioned in the same breath with him other than on this Board. This thread has gone from a recruiting thread to a thread with nothing more than wishful thinking on a lot of people's part.

That thread was started to get the comments/updates on Ryan out of this thread.
Report Spam   Logged

SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15984 on: April 20, 2017, 01:32:48 pm »

I think that is what this thread always was. Now with the radio silence approach of JN it is even more so
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15985 on: April 20, 2017, 01:36:51 pm »

That thread was started to get the comments/updates on Ryan out of this thread.
Yes thank you . It was tongue in check but meant to show NO FORDHAM connection. I'll update it .
Report Spam   Logged
El Jefe
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15986 on: April 20, 2017, 01:40:23 pm »

Fordham is not the only local school that is not showing progress with recruits.  St. John's just lost a recruit to S. Fla.  I believe they have 4 openings and only one verbal commit.  Their list of recruits is a very fresh group, with most having been offered within the last 30+ days.  If Fordham and SJU have problems attracting recruits to NYC, I can't imagine what schools in Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland have to face.  I am still optimistic that JN will sign a couple of guys who will contribute next year.  I am ready to be surprised.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15987 on: April 20, 2017, 01:47:18 pm »

Lets be clear the statement that we are not showing progress applies only to the recruits that people on this board post about and that show up on twitter.  It is possible we are in better shape with these players than those that are simply bitching without any information to back it up are posting here.  Also, there are a whole lot of players all over the world we are likely talking to and the staff has no obligation to tell anyone about them.  Again 15 conference wins last two years 14 wins the 7 years before Neubauer combined.  Back off and give them space to work. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:06:45 pm by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15988 on: April 20, 2017, 01:47:59 pm »

If Fordham and SJU have problems attracting recruits to NYC, I can't imagine what schools in Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland have to face.

Couldn't disagree more here, EJ. First off, Fordham and St. John's have nothing in common. St. John's is selling MSG. Fordham is selling the McGinley Center. Secondly, feel free to evaluate the level of talent that many schools in that area are pulling in. Any decent arena in bumble-F defeats RHG/NYC, Fact.

Back to recruiting talk, South Florida has had a ton of action of the table of late. Could Collins look elsewhere? If he goes to Akron or Duquesne over Fordham, that really hurts. Gut/video tells me he's going to be another Sean Armand-type. He would score in Year 1.
Report Spam   Logged

rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15989 on: April 20, 2017, 01:54:32 pm »

Lets be clear the statement that we are not showing progress applies only to the recruits that people on this board post about and that show up on twitter.  It is possible we are in better shape with these players than those that are simply bitching without any information to back it up are posting here.  Also, there are a whole lot of players all over the world we are likely talking to and the staff has no obligation to tell anyone about them.  Again 15 conference wins last two years 14 last 7 combined.  Back off and give them space to work. 

+1.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 538 ... 558   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: