fordhamfans.com
June 25, 2017, 06:16:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 548 549 550 551 552 [553] 554   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 886616 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16560 on: June 08, 2017, 12:09:26 am »

That GW game where he hit 4 three's was unbelievable. I think he is very quick and good defender and will make plays this year as PG that will be quite impressive. I am long Saglam too as surprise undervalued asset. Chartouny is very good player, but he would make some questionable passes and i remember quite a few air balls in big spots. Was Joe a 2 in high school? Maybe Havsa takes over 1 and joe 2?

Chartouny will be out for a dime session all year. His first French contract will be on the basis of leading the A10 in assists and steals.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16561 on: June 08, 2017, 11:00:26 am »

Chartouny will be out for a dime session all year. His first French contract will be on the basis of leading the A10 in assists and steals.

Prob right. Wants big year. I know your long Havsa too!

Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16562 on: June 08, 2017, 04:02:36 pm »

Prob right. Wants big year. I know your long Havsa too!

long havsa. short short.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16563 on: June 10, 2017, 09:09:21 am »

Some legit recruiting news.  Won't help us next year, but Fordham offered former Patriot League Freshman of the Year Delante Jones (Soph) from American.  6'5 guard who averaged 11.5ppg and shot 34% 3pt last year.

https://twitter.com/tay_mchugh/status/873348372379381761
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16564 on: June 10, 2017, 12:26:24 pm »

Some legit recruiting news.  Won't help us next year, but Fordham offered former Patriot League Freshman of the Year Delante Jones (Soph) from American.  6'5 guard who averaged 11.5ppg and shot 34% 3pt last year.

Big guard. Couldn't hurt.
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16565 on: June 10, 2017, 01:00:03 pm »

Big guard. Couldn't hurt.
Also reportedly likes an up tempo game.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16566 on: June 10, 2017, 07:11:59 pm »

So by offering him and should he accept we would be down to 1 ship? Kind of creates a bit more doubt as to whether we will be able to bring in any more help for this year.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16567 on: June 10, 2017, 08:03:11 pm »

So by offering him and should he accept we would be down to 1 ship? Kind of creates a bit more doubt as to whether we will be able to bring in any more help for this year.

Maybe hold it for a possible mid year transfer. Looks like a pretty good player, hope we can get hime.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16568 on: June 10, 2017, 08:37:49 pm »

Maybe hold it for a possible mid year transfer. Looks like a pretty good player, hope we can get hime.
[/quot

85, I think your bigger on mid years than most.  Sorry if I botched post I'm drunk Grin
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16569 on: June 13, 2017, 10:59:30 am »

In a way he's like Portley.  He stagnated in his second year.  His eFG% went down, his efficiency rating went down.  Unlike Portley his counting stats stayed about the same, as his usage went up slightly.  He has turnover issues.  12.5% assist rate and 21.6% turnover rate.  I saw an article where the coach said he thought he might have some struggles in year 2 as he became more of a focus of opponent's D.  And the article said because he had problems creating off the dribble opponent's could run him off the 3 point line.  Although his 2 point % wasn't bad (a bit better than Portley's).  But maybe that's where the turnover problem cropped up.

Both appear to be talented players who struggled somewhat in year 2 in a lower conference.  A little disgruntled but moving up in class anyway.  It'll be interesting to see what we make of guys like this (if he signs).  Perhaps they will thrive in JN's system.  American and St. Peter's weren't bad at creating turnovers themselves, although not as good at it as Fordham.  And American, like Fordham, had a hard time taking care of the ball.
Report Spam   Logged
avon barksdale
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16570 on: June 13, 2017, 12:57:36 pm »

news coming soon
Report Spam   Logged
acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16571 on: June 13, 2017, 01:06:58 pm »

Care to elaborate?? Transfer, Euro, JUCO, HS?

Also a couple recruiting updates:

1) Lehigh Transfer Brandon Alston to Georgia Tech (visited Fordham)

2) American Transfer Delante Jones visiting Seattle, only other school he's been linked to besides Fordham thus far
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16572 on: June 13, 2017, 01:38:44 pm »

Care to elaborate?? Transfer, Euro, JUCO, HS?

Also a couple recruiting updates:

1) Lehigh Transfer Brandon Alston to Georgia Tech (visited Fordham)

2) American Transfer Delante Jones visiting Seattle, only other school he's been linked to besides Fordham thus far

Seattle is a bad team in a bad conference.  They left D-I in 1980 only came back about 10 years ago. 

However, they have a new coach, Jim Hayford, who did a good job with Eastern Washington, developing players who were not big time recruits.  Not much of a step up from Patriot League there.  Sideways.   
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16573 on: June 13, 2017, 03:18:14 pm »

Seattle is a bad team in a bad conference. They left D-I in 1980 only came back about 10 years ago. Not much of a step up from Patriot League there. Sideways.   

Seattle's Key Arena:

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/uwsports/files/2011/02/KeyArena.jpg
Report Spam   Logged
acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16574 on: June 13, 2017, 03:33:51 pm »

I'm not impressed.  A 50 year old off campus 17,000 seat arena that barely gets 1,000 people a game.  This was like us trying to play at the IZOD.  You really need an arena appropriate for your audience.  In my opinion its much better to play in a historical small rose hill then an old arena that's way too big.

People need to stop fixating on our gym.  Its a great place to watch a game and hopefully the renovations underway give it a new facelift.  It's what we have for now.  Also, do people think writing how much are gym stinks really helps when recruits come in on this board and read it.  We should be selling it as America's most historic college basketball arena.  We all want a new arena, I get it, but c'mon.

https://twitter.com/FordhamRams/status/871735942675128320
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16575 on: June 13, 2017, 03:57:05 pm »

In my opinion its much better to play in a historical small rose hill then an old arena that's way too big.

Unfortunately, I'm not the one you need to convince...
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16576 on: June 13, 2017, 04:01:20 pm »

news coming soon

Are you quoting rambacker?
 Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16577 on: June 13, 2017, 04:27:40 pm »

I'm not impressed.  A 50 year old off campus 17,000 seat arena that barely gets 1,000 people a game.  This was like us trying to play at the IZOD.  You really need an arena appropriate for your audience.  In my opinion its much better to play in a historical small rose hill then an old arena that's way too big.

People need to stop fixating on our gym.  Its a great place to watch a game and hopefully the renovations underway give it a new facelift.  It's what we have for now.  Also, do people think writing how much are gym stinks really helps when recruits come in on this board and read it.  We should be selling it as America's most historic college basketball arena.  We all want a new arena, I get it, but c'mon.

+1.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16578 on: June 13, 2017, 05:08:58 pm »

Key Arena's an aging albatross in a bad location that needs a bunch of maintenance. My niece coached at Seattle U., and it's basically Izod Center West at this point. UDub grabs all the attention in that town, and Seattle U's conference will never generate enough interest to make a dent in filling that place.

That being said, RHG is inadequate in too many ways to count.
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16579 on: June 13, 2017, 07:35:06 pm »

Davide Moretti is headed to the USA to take official visits to Indiana, Utah, Texas Tech and UConn.  Looks like we're not on his list.   

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1781234-italian-pg-davide-moretti-take-4-officials
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Moretti committed to Texas Tech over the weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16580 on: June 14, 2017, 01:18:05 am »

Regardless, the team and conference aren't good.   The new coach is good though.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16581 on: June 14, 2017, 07:59:51 am »

Need to stop fixating on our gym?  The gym is symptomatic of the program.  Most people on this board make their way to the RHG multiple times a year and deal with its liabilities.  It comes with the territory.  Recruits don't.  They see a dump.  It must be a very real perception because they don't come to Fordham for the most part.  The RHG isn't historic, it's old and obsolete.  I don't know if the facility is at the core of the problem but it is a very real problem.  A new floor and make believe sky box aren't going to change the way recruits see it.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16582 on: June 14, 2017, 08:28:07 am »

So a recruit is visiting another school and you want to fixate over the arena?  Did you fixate and comment over the arenas of the schools that were recruiting Tre Evans? 
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16583 on: June 14, 2017, 10:20:46 am »

So a recruit is visiting another school and you want to fixate over the arena?  Did you fixate and comment over the arenas of the schools that were recruiting Tre Evans? 

What recruit wouldn't want to play in the House that Elgin Baylor built. 

Not to rag on Seattle.  Things got so bad around here that Seattle's first 4 years back in Division I they beat Fordham out in the Kenpom ranks.  But not the last 4 years.  And the conference is definitely not A-10 quality.  But it's good they got a new coach and good for them they got a Virginia/DC area recruit to come out to Seattle for a visit.  I think he'd be better off here but I'm biased.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:11:39 pm by drunkle » Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16584 on: June 14, 2017, 11:01:15 am »

It also rains a lot and there is a high suicide rate.   Evil

Sorry forgot my emoticon.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:46:45 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16585 on: June 14, 2017, 11:13:46 am »

It also rains a lot and there is a high suicide rate.

And tier one companies like Amazon and Microsoft..
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16586 on: June 14, 2017, 02:07:23 pm »

Hey, my firm opened a Seattle office this year and we're loving it! It's a great town.
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16587 on: June 14, 2017, 09:35:17 pm »

And tier one companies like Amazon and Microsoft..

And don't forget Boeing and Starbucks. My sister has lives there (in West Seattle) and actually teaches at Seattle U. each summer. She would never again live anywhere else (believe me, I've heard it over and over). If you have SAD (the low-light disorder), don't live there. If rain depresses you, don't live there. Otherwise, I believe it had the No. 1 appreciation rate in the country last year for housing. When she paid what she paid for her house about 12 years ago I thought she was flat out crazy, but now it's worth more than three times as much. Plus she bought a chunk of Amazon stock - enough said.

Puget Sound, Pike's Market, U-Dub (local slang for the University of Washington), Safeco Field, Seahawks, etc., etc., etc. - great town bros.
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16588 on: June 15, 2017, 10:57:18 am »

And don't forget Boeing and Starbucks. My sister has lives there (in West Seattle) and actually teaches at Seattle U. each summer. She would never again live anywhere else (believe me, I've heard it over and over). If you have SAD (the low-light disorder), don't live there. If rain depresses you, don't live there. Otherwise, I believe it had the No. 1 appreciation rate in the country last year for housing. When she paid what she paid for her house about 12 years ago I thought she was flat out crazy, but now it's worth more than three times as much. Plus she bought a chunk of Amazon stock - enough said.

Puget Sound, Pike's Market, U-Dub (local slang for the University of Washington), Safeco Field, Seahawks, etc., etc., etc. - great town bros.

Exactly. The growth in this country will come from Technology companies located LA-SF-Seattle.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram 83
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16589 on: June 15, 2017, 11:37:33 am »

Yes, Seattle's a great town.  Can we get this thread back on recruiting?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 548 549 550 551 552 [553] 554   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: