fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 06:48:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 905859 times)
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16830 on: September 28, 2017, 10:50:36 am »

nice signing , congrats to Mike DePaoli and the staff.
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16831 on: September 28, 2017, 11:04:44 am »

I'm sure one can troll the internet and social media and find plenty of "Fordham coaches are watching Basketball Jones" at some tournament, and "Fordham has offered Hoops Smith from such-and-such school".  The information is interesting, but without context, not terribly helpful. Now, if we get some information about who the coaching staff considers a top priority, or which player might be seriously looking at Fordham -- much more helpful. Obviously, that information may not always be available, although other programs' fans seem to have a better handle on who they're pursuing than Fordham does.
   So John are you really saying it was a problem that on June 21 there was a post that said we offered  Nick Honor? We probably offer 15-20 guys per year wouldn't you like to know who they are? Some times a player  may think he was offered when he was not but if multiple sources confirm it why wouldn't you want know who we are REALLY recruiting? I could do without the recruiting suggestions (where a poster says we should check out player X) but otherwise I want as much info as possible.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16832 on: September 28, 2017, 11:07:49 am »

This thread was never supposed to be for the wannabe recruiters to say who we should recruit. The posts complaining about this thread stating who we may be recruiting are not aging well.  Take the information for what it's worth fun read that will be right and wrong sometimes. Like every other thread now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:29:51 am by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16833 on: September 28, 2017, 12:01:11 pm »

So John are you really saying it was a problem that on June 21 there was a post that said we offered  Nick Honor? We probably offer 15-20 guys per year wouldn't you like to know who they are? Some times a player  may think he was offered when he was not but if multiple sources confirm it why wouldn't you want know who we are REALLY recruiting? I could do without the recruiting suggestions (where a poster says we should check out player X) but otherwise I want as much info as possible.

I'm not sure why folks think that post was a criticism of anyone. Of course, it's welcome to know that Fordham offered X or Y, or that Z made an official/unofficial campus visit.  But typically, staffs target priority recruits and there's some reporting about who particular schools are targeting, or which schools a given prospect is most attracted to. You see it all the time on Zagsblog, albeit with higher profile recruits. The coaches can't talk, but players do, as do their HS and AAU coaches.  [Although, with all the bags of cash that seem to be getting dumped around with high-level recruits, perhaps Zagsblog will morph into a financial page]. 

Perhaps we're just not high profile enough for folks in the media to do this kind of reporting. Or perhaps its just that, since our staff is obviously casting its net nationally and internationally, word just doesn't make it back here.  Hey, I'm all for information, keep it coming.   
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Rhythm
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #16834 on: September 29, 2017, 03:55:57 pm »

Chris Austin, 6 4 SG from Maranatha High School in Pasadena, CA is on campus, meeting with admissions.

Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16835 on: September 29, 2017, 08:13:58 pm »

I'm not sure why folks think that post was a criticism of anyone. 

Stop the lawyer BS. it was an out and out criticism of Rambacker. Now you can eat crow as we signed a 4 star and 3 star guard and a local player praised our facilities.  And RB had them on radar. I guess they didnt happen to be walking by Marquette.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16836 on: September 30, 2017, 08:54:49 am »

Inasmuch as Marquette's signed a pair of 4-star power forwards for next year, I doubt they're green with jealousy. That being said, if Mr. Honor is as impactful as either of their two current starting guards, we'll all be quite happy.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16837 on: September 30, 2017, 09:01:34 am »

Certain posters only show up to post when we lose a recruit, that our facilities suck. But we are now landing some real good recruits and getting highly quality recruits for on campus visits and these clowns disappear, only here to force their own stupid agenda.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16838 on: September 30, 2017, 09:21:14 am »

Well, I've posted pretty regularly for over a decade. And I'm pretty excited that we've signed Honor. And I've not a clue as to how the coming year will go, but I'm hopeful. Unlike previous coaching staffs, this one does give the players what they need to compete successfully, in terms of strategy, skills coaching, etc.  I remember the first Neubauer-coached game I attended, and saying "Whoa! This is different!".  That being said, the facilities are wanting. Not gonna stop with that until I'm sitting in a new arena, in a seat with my name on the back of it.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16839 on: September 30, 2017, 10:31:49 am »

Chris Austin, 6 4 SG from Maranatha High School in Pasadena, CA is on campus, meeting with admissions.

Thanks for the report. Please keep them coming.

Verbal Commits shows offers from Cal Poly and Long Beach State.
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16840 on: September 30, 2017, 11:35:11 am »

Well, I've posted pretty regularly for over a decade. And I'm pretty excited that we've signed Honor. And I've not a clue as to how the coming year will go, but I'm hopeful. Unlike previous coaching staffs, this one does give the players what they need to compete successfully, in terms of strategy, skills coaching, etc.  I remember the first Neubauer-coached game I attended, and saying "Whoa! This is different!".  That being said, the facilities are wanting. Not gonna stop with that until I'm sitting in a new arena, in a seat with my name on the back of it.

Uhh, better rethink that, if you are sitting in a seat that says John on the back you might be in the bathroom Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16841 on: September 30, 2017, 02:02:29 pm »

Uhh, better rethink that, if you are sitting in a seat that says John on the back you might be in the bathroom Cheesy

What bathroom? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16842 on: September 30, 2017, 05:32:42 pm »

Well played, both!
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16843 on: October 01, 2017, 09:43:44 am »

6' 9" PF Joel Soriano from Archbishop Stepinac HS in White Plains, Class of 2019, will make an unofficial visit to Fordham this week. He has offers from LaSalle, Manhattan and Iona among others.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16844 on: October 01, 2017, 08:48:13 pm »

Fordham is recruiting 6' 7" Class of 2018 SF Frankie Policelli from Long Island Lutheran. He has been offered by UMass, Rhode Island, Rutgers, Tulane and Washington.

Policelli can play multiple positions and is a strong student. He will visit George Washington next week, and is working on a visit to Fordham.

Report Spam   Logged
fholbr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16845 on: October 01, 2017, 09:44:32 pm »

From Jeff Goodman:

More
Chris Austin, a 6-4 shooting guard from Maranatha High in California, has committed to Fordham, source told ESPN.
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16846 on: October 01, 2017, 09:54:08 pm »

We on a Roll. Have you seen the Pyramid at Long Beach State?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Pyramid#/media/File:Walter_Pyramid.jpg
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16847 on: October 01, 2017, 10:21:21 pm »

More pointedly, have you seen some of the COEDS at Long Beach State?  "We got our own Buzzbomb from Pasadena (or is that Perris?)".
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: October 02, 2017, 07:11:32 am »

Fordham has offered 6'4" G Chris Austin from Maranatha High School in Pasadena, CA. Class of 2018.

Too bad you keep posting about these non issue players and nobody wants to come here because of our facilities and we can only get foreigners and JUCOS. Oh wait, never mind.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16849 on: October 02, 2017, 12:46:08 pm »

Patrick School 2020 Wing Caleb "CJ" Wilcher of @PSACardinals was offered by #Fordham today
@aslater247

Wilcher picked up an offer from Minnesota in September. Looks like we are spotting guys early.  Now Pitino's kid wants him (I read some rumors about him being an apple that may not have fallen too far from the tree).  Wilcher is from Plainfield, NJ.  Was just reading about The Plainfield Riot, which was 50 years ago this past summer.  I'd never heard of it. Kinda gets lost in the bigger anniversaries like Newark, etc.

Anyway, really building up some momentum, here.  As I mentioned in the Chris Austin thread, he played for LA Rockfish this summer.  Myles Johnson played for them, the big guy we lost out to Rutgers on, as did Fletcher Tynen, another 2018 target.  It seems like our staff has been laying the groundwork, building a network, and it is starting to pay off.     
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16850 on: October 02, 2017, 01:15:52 pm »

Too bad you keep posting about these non issue players and nobody wants to come here because of our facilities and we can only get foreigners and JUCOS. Oh wait, never mind.

Roll Eyes

In California, there is sort of a cachet to "going East" to college. A player might discount the gym in favor of the overall uniqueness of the experience. Recruiting in California is a smart move for us, since we have an assistant with ties to the coaches there and we face less "oppo" recruiting from regional and local rivals.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16851 on: October 02, 2017, 10:15:49 pm »

Adrian Nunez, 6-5 forward out of St. Thomas more who Fordham has offered, signed with Michigan. Instead of playing for a Beilein disciple, he'll play for the man himself.
Report Spam   Logged
cbbdan
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16852 on: October 03, 2017, 09:24:01 am »

Adrian Nunez, 6-5 forward out of St. Thomas more who Fordham has offered, signed with Michigan. Instead of playing for a Beilein disciple, he'll play for the man himself.
Once again this kid just played for Loughlin last year, now he's a big ten player. NYC/HV/LI high school basketball is still one of the toughest. I still don't know why these guys don't get offers from local schools out of HS. Must be grades. Plenty of players like Isaac Kante from Robeson now going to UGA after doing a prep year, you know all of a sudden he is an sec player. Not complaining because I'm excited so far about our 2018 class think it's going to be a good one.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16853 on: October 03, 2017, 09:56:51 am »

Last year we did not get early commits because the guys we wanted went elsewhere.  This staff does not panic and take anyone to satisfy the cyber recruiters. They don't care if they get players early late locally across the country or across the pond. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16854 on: October 03, 2017, 11:19:39 am »

6' 5" SF Fletcher Tynen from Bishop Mongomery HS in California, Class of 2018 who had a Fordham offer, has committed to Boston University.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16855 on: October 03, 2017, 08:36:40 pm »

Class of 2018 SG Junior Ballard from Modesto Christian School in California has committed to Cal Poly.

Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: October 05, 2017, 12:46:36 pm »

6' 7" F Frankie Policelli from Long Island Lutheran HS, Class of 2018, will take an official visit to George Washington this weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16857 on: October 06, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »

Rhode Island just got a commitment from four star 6' 8" PF Jermaine Harris, who picked them over Xavier and West Virginia. Harris was also offered by Kansas, Georgetown, Maryland, Seton Hall and Providence.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16858 on: October 06, 2017, 04:13:52 pm »

Rhode Island just got a commitment from four star 6' 8" PF Jermaine Harris, who picked them over Xavier and West Virginia. Harris was also offered by Kansas, Georgetown, Maryland, Seton Hall and Providence.

That sounds like the scales may be tipped towards URI in the next few years . . .  sounds like a pretty big signing.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16859 on: October 06, 2017, 06:56:38 pm »

That sounds like the scales may be tipped towards URI in the next few years . . .  sounds like a pretty big signing.

It's a significant signing for Rhode Island and the A-10. Hopefully it helps raise all the boats in the league in terms of perception by recruits, including ours.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: