fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 03:38:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 909834 times)
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16920 on: October 29, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »

Didnt JC list possible NBA draft?  That was my impression.
I realize players make nice coin playing overseas.

Didn't realize Hicks was hurt.
Just meant that if we spend 2 years of scholarship to get 1 year of playing time, then the kid decides to bolt as a grad transfer.  If that happened I find they bush league.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: October 29, 2017, 12:09:39 pm »

Didnt JC list possible NBA draft?  That was my impression.
I realize players make nice coin playing overseas.

Didn't realize Hicks was hurt.
Just meant that if we spend 2 years of scholarship to get 1 year of playing time, then the kid decides to bolt as a grad transfer.  If that happened I find they bush league.

JC  listed that as possible but he is well aware how hard it is and the likely scenario is overseas. I donít think it is bush league of Hicks leaves because he got hurt.  Not his choice and he played no roll in his red shirting. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: October 29, 2017, 08:00:14 pm »

Can agree to disagree but I'll bet if you are the coach and you invest 2 years in a guy and get one years production of a guy (injury or not) and then bolts via the grad transfer rule you would be a bit ticked. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: October 29, 2017, 08:42:08 pm »

Can agree to disagree but I'll bet if you are the coach and you invest 2 years in a guy and get one years production of a guy (injury or not) and then bolts via the grad transfer rule you would be a bit ticked. 

Absolutely. I’m definitely with you on this one.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: October 30, 2017, 10:22:23 am »

6' 8" SF Robert Braswell from Blythewood High School in South Carolina, Class of 2018, now has offers from Clemson, UNLV and Kansas State to go with his offer from Fordham and others.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16925 on: October 31, 2017, 09:25:43 pm »

Jordan Gaitley, son of Fordham Women's Basketball Coach Gaitley, is a Freshman on the Richmond Spiders basketball team.  He was 2017 League MVP of New York's Catholic High Schools Athletic Association (CHSAA) A Division
Averaged 20.5 points per game as a senior ... led team to CHSAA A Divisional Final
Class A first-team All-State selection.
Coach Gaitley had previously coached at Richmond, so there was that connection, but how come there was zero talk about the possibility of Jordan Gaitley playing for the Men's Basketball Rams?  We have an International field for recruiting, which is good; so is looking just 300 yards to the west of the RHG for a potential prospect.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: October 31, 2017, 09:48:56 pm »

6' 5" PG Thornton Scott has committed to William & Mary.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: October 31, 2017, 10:18:10 pm »

Jordan Gaitley, son of Fordham Women's Basketball Coach Gaitley, is a Freshman on the Richmond Spiders basketball team.  He was 2017 League MVP of New York's Catholic High Schools Athletic Association (CHSAA) A Division
Averaged 20.5 points per game as a senior ... led team to CHSAA A Divisional Final
Coach Gaitley had previously coached at Richmond, so there was that connection, but how come there was zero talk about the possibility of Jordan Gaitley playing for the Men's Basketball Rams?  We have an International field for recruiting, which is good; so is looking just 300 yards to the west of the RHG for a potential prospect.

He is a walk on. Awkward to coach your colleagues son. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: October 31, 2017, 11:27:14 pm »

He is a walk on. Awkward to coach your colleagues son. 

That's one way to look at it.   Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: October 31, 2017, 11:41:40 pm »

That's one way to look at it.   Huh?

The other way is who cares?   He got 0 DI scholarship offers. Maybe he wanted to go away to school.  Maybe we had our roster of walk ons filled. There a thousand reasons he could have had and we could have had for him to be at Richmond. Good luck to him in Richmond.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: November 01, 2017, 12:26:20 am »

Fordham Prep, interestingly, has not been a significant feeder of talent to the Rams for many decades. George Zambetti was the last Prep grad, I believe, to be really impactful. That's a long time ago. Joe McGowan, son of Dean Jay McGowan, became a starter down the homestretch of his senior year, which was Fordham's last NCAA appearance. Khalid Robinson was a productive walk-on. I think that's it.

My freshman year, long, long ago, we had a 5-man freshman recruiting class and a kid from Fordham Prep, who was not on scholarship, really shone on the Freshman Team. We elected not to invest a schollie in him, so he transferred to Holy Cross and had a very successful career there.

Point being, we really don't have "feeder schools" for the hoops program. We get 'em from all over.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: November 01, 2017, 07:56:43 am »

Gaitley was mentioned here at the time. i believe he is a walk on at Richmond.  Would he get a free ride at Fordham due to his mom being a contract employee?  Big nut to pay at Richmond!  BTW, nobody cares.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:27:41 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: November 01, 2017, 08:15:26 am »

I donít understand why any Fordham fan cares why Gaitly went to Richmond. This thread is about who we are recruiting not why a kid walked on elsewhere. It is irrelevant.  My suggestion if you care ask Gaitley she seems pretty forthcoming.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:35:27 am by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
jimbo65
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: November 01, 2017, 09:25:19 am »

Gaitley was mentioned here at the time. i believe he is a walk on at Richmond.  Would he get a free ride at Fordham due to his mom being a contract employee?  Big nut to pay at Richmond!  BTW, nobody cares.

[/quote Would have gotten free tuition not board
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: November 01, 2017, 10:32:26 am »

Youse guys missed the point completely.  Which was whether there was any discussion on this Board whether he might be a player who could help us, even as a walk-on as his brother was. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16935 on: November 01, 2017, 10:35:45 am »

Youse guys missed the point completely.  Which was whether there was any discussion on this Board whether he might be a player who could help us, even as a walk-on as his brother was. 

You said there was zero talk, but there actually was some talk about him last year. txram brought him up and there was some discussion about him. Your comment about 300 yards away also implied that we never took a look at him. I do not know if we looked at him or not, so I am not going to assume anything one way or the other.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16936 on: November 01, 2017, 10:41:19 am »

It was discussed here.  You missed it.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16937 on: November 01, 2017, 10:44:12 am »

Did I mention he is a walk on? 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16938 on: November 01, 2017, 10:49:52 am »

Nobody cares about Fordham Prep Boomer.....
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16939 on: November 01, 2017, 11:18:11 am »

It was discussed here.  You missed it.

I did.  That's why I asked the question.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16940 on: November 01, 2017, 11:21:21 am »

You said there was zero talk, but there actually was some talk about him last year. txram brought him up and there was some discussion about him. Your comment about 300 yards away also implied that we never took a look at him. I do not know if we looked at him or not, so I am not going to assume anything one way or the other.

Right.  I missed the discussion on him at the time. But that's different from others assuming that I'm arguing that he should've been a recruit. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16941 on: November 01, 2017, 11:26:14 am »

Right.  I missed the discussion on him at the time. But that's different from others assuming that I'm arguing that he should've been a recruit. 

That is exactly the way your first post read and quite frankly what you meant. Why bring it up if you donít want to say he should be a recruit?   You say we recruit over seas but not 300 yards away.  You quote his stats as if we missed out on this great scorer. Come on. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16942 on: November 01, 2017, 11:33:04 am »

That is exactly the way your first post read and quite frankly what you meant. Why bring it up if you donít want to say he should be a recruit?   You say we recruit over seas but not 300 yards away.  You quote his stats as if we missed out on this great scorer. Come on. 

I brought it up because it was publicly mentioned by Coach Gaitley and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver mentioned her other son at the Tip-OFF Dinner on Monday.  Next time you see me at a game, I'd appreciate it if you can have a conversation with me.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16943 on: November 01, 2017, 11:41:04 am »

I brought it up because it was publicly mentioned by Coach Gaitley and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver mentioned her other son at the Tip-OFF Dinner on Monday.  Next time you see me at a game, I'd appreciate it if you can have a conversation with me.

Right and you wanted to know why he was not recruited here. I am not wasting my time with talking about a kid who walked on at Richmond or why you posted about him. We will talk about the team and have a beer.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16944 on: November 01, 2017, 01:54:14 pm »

I mentioned this early in Jordan's senior year and wondered the same.  He was a late signee at Richmond.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16945 on: November 01, 2017, 02:20:40 pm »

I mentioned this early in Jordan's senior year and wondered the same.  He was a late signee at Richmond.

Thank you for that information.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16946 on: November 01, 2017, 02:38:16 pm »

I believe it has been pointed out that he is a walk-on. Not a signee.
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16947 on: November 01, 2017, 02:59:26 pm »

Can we rehash this some other way?  Afro
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16948 on: November 01, 2017, 03:10:27 pm »

I believe it has been pointed out that he is a walk-on. Not a signee.

I wonder if he will get a scholarship in a few years and also wonder how the Richmond board will react to it.   Evil
Report Spam   Logged

Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16949 on: November 01, 2017, 03:19:05 pm »

How about starting a thread recapping the Tip-Off Dinner?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: