fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:31:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 564 565 566 [567] 568 569   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 912894 times)
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16980 on: December 02, 2017, 01:04:12 pm »

Woodstock is a first year Prep program at this level. They are an Independent. Yes, they were highly ranked (top 5) and have moved to #1 with a 9-0 record. Perry could be a steal.

WoodstockAcademyHoop‏ @WAPrepHoop 16 hours ago
Fordham U HC just offered 2018 6-3 G Ty Perry.

Maxpreps didn't list them in top 25. Interesting. Any bigs?
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16981 on: December 04, 2017, 10:44:19 am »

6' 8" Long Island Lutheran forward Donatas Kupsas will be on campus this coming weekend for an official visit. He is originally from Lithuania and is Class of 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=zWW4tAqVx0k
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16982 on: December 04, 2017, 10:48:46 am »

Would be a nice addition to Honor and Austin.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16983 on: December 04, 2017, 10:54:34 am »

6' 8" Long Island Lutheran forward Donatas Kupsas will be on campus this coming weekend for an official visit. He is originally from Lithuania and is Class of 2018.

Good info you have been on this one since day 1.
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16984 on: December 04, 2017, 11:31:19 am »

That's refreshing.  Not another guard.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16985 on: December 04, 2017, 12:09:17 pm »

Good info you have been on this one since day 1.

Yes he has. Hope it goes down, need it.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16986 on: December 04, 2017, 12:49:10 pm »

He scored 7pts in the victory over Chaminade on Saturday. Heard Hofstra Coach was planning to be there.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16987 on: December 04, 2017, 12:58:14 pm »

Good news. Would be a very nice signing. A big who reportedly can shoot.
Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16988 on: December 04, 2017, 01:07:45 pm »

Is teammate Frankie Policelli definitely going high major?  I've seen his name in here somewhere but wasn't sure if we had a true connection or interest.  Looks like half the A10 is after him.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16989 on: December 04, 2017, 01:08:33 pm »

Is teammate Frankie Policelli definitely going high major?  I've seen his name in here somewhere but wasn't sure if we had a true connection or interest.  Looks like half the A10 is after him.

Yes big time player, similar to Paschall, transferred down to LI from an upsate public school where he was dominating.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16990 on: December 04, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »

He plays like a 6'8" guard.  Not an inside player.  14 offers including five A10 schools.  His featured video is against terrible competition.

Meh  Wink

Either underwhelming, or he's hiding.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16991 on: December 04, 2017, 02:26:13 pm »

Donatas Kupsas is a strong 6' 8" stretch forward, listed as a power forward but is more of a combo forward, who can handle, shoot and rebound. Has some toughness. Perfect for our system.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16992 on: December 04, 2017, 02:28:54 pm »

Unless you guys change your thinking on who we are recruiting you are going to complain about every player.  We are not going to get the next Ryan Rhoomes.  We are looking for the next Slanina. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16993 on: December 04, 2017, 07:33:15 pm »

Donatas Kupsas is a strong 6' 8" stretch forward, listed as a power forward but is more of a combo forward, who can handle, shoot and rebound. Has some toughness. Perfect for our system.

Listed at 196 pounds. For a 6' 7" 6' 8" person that is very thin.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16994 on: December 04, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »

Unless you guys change your thinking on who we are recruiting you are going to complain about every player.  We are not going to get the next Ryan Rhoomes.  We are looking for the next Slanina. 

Probably a true statement but if that is the case people need to stop complaining about attendance and quality of play. I rather watch a Rhoomes bang underneath every game as opposed to watching a soft big take jump shots from 20-25 feet out. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16995 on: December 04, 2017, 07:50:14 pm »

Probably a true statement but if that is the case people need to stop complaining about attendance and quality of play. I rather watch a Rhoomes bang underneath every game as opposed to watching a soft big take jump shots from 20-25 feet out. 

Then donít watch donít post donít let the door hit you on the ass on the way out because this is what we are doing with Neubauer as our coach. Enough you donít like it cool but then take a hike.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
El Jefe
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: December 04, 2017, 07:54:47 pm »

Listed at 196 pounds. For a 6' 7" 6' 8" person that is very thin.

Verbal Commits has him listed at 6'8", 215 lbs.  I don't know his actual size.  I'm just saying there is other info out there.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: December 04, 2017, 07:57:02 pm »

Verbal Commits has him listed at 6'8", 215 lbs.  I don't know his actual size.  I'm just saying there is other info out there.

Who cares it wonít be good enough for him and others. They will complain about being from Lithuania or his high school. Bitch and moan that is all you get from some.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: December 04, 2017, 07:59:18 pm »

Then donít watch donít post donít let the door hit you on the ass on the way out because this is what we are doing with Neubauer as our coach. Enough you donít like it cool but then take a hike.

Can you read? I said i rather watch a Rhoomes than a Slanina. I didn't say I would stop watching. So people on this Board post an opinion and you have to mouth off like a clown. hey this is a public forum. if you don't like others opinion then don't read them and stop posting and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out either.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: December 04, 2017, 08:02:51 pm »

Who cares it wonít be good enough for him and others. They will complain about being from Lithuania or his high school. Bitch and moan that is all you get from some.

I was curious because in Rambacker's comments he said strong forward. That is why I was questioning weight in proportion to height. Again an innocent comment blown out of proportion by you.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: December 04, 2017, 08:08:15 pm »

Can you read? I said i rather watch a Rhoomes than a Slanina. I didn't say I would stop watching. So people on this Board post an opinion and you have to mouth off like a clown. hey this is a public forum. if you don't like others opinion then don't read them and stop posting and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out either.

Can you read?  I am not saying you will stop watching I am saying you should.  We are not going to play or recruit like you want not happening. The quality of play last two years has been better than it was in a decade.  Long way to go but all you can do is say a 6-9 guy is too skinny after complaining about too many guards.  It will be something else next week itís a joke.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: December 04, 2017, 08:36:17 pm »

Kupsas sounds like he'd be a strong addition to an already promising recruiting class. As for the weight thing, few college big men play at their high school weight. JN did well with tall, lean players in the OVC.  In his third A-10 year, he understands the physical requirements of the league. Strength training was his very first priority when he came here.  If Kupsas needs to gain a few to bang in the conference, he'll gain a few.  I loved Rhoomes' back-to-the-basket play his senior year, but we knew then that was a strategy borne of necessity and not the way JN intended to play in the long term. 
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: December 04, 2017, 09:11:21 pm »

Kupsas sounds like he'd be a strong addition to an already promising recruiting class. As for the weight thing, few college big men play at their high school weight. JN did well with tall, lean players in the OVC.  In his third A-10 year, he understands the physical requirements of the league. Strength training was his very first priority when he came here.  If Kupsas needs to gain a few to bang in the conference, he'll gain a few.  I loved Rhoomes' back-to-the-basket play his senior year, but we knew then that was a strategy borne of necessity and not the way JN intended to play in the long term. 
I may be wrong but I think JN would love to get another front court player like Rhoomes. He was able to take full advantage of his size and agility. Unfortunately it isn't likely to happen at this stage.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: December 04, 2017, 10:56:34 pm »

I may be wrong but I think JN would love to get another front court player like Rhoomes. He was able to take full advantage of his size and agility. Unfortunately it isn't likely to happen at this stage.

True. And lest we forget, his first 2 seasons, Rhoomes was the poster child for bad hands and dumb fouls. But he grew into his role, and, in his senior year, was the focal point for delivering our first winning season in a decade. That's why I cringe when fans judge a player after a few games and even after a season. Good things take time.  Down the stretch in his senior year, there wasn't a player in the A-10 who wanted to see Ryan lining up against him.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: December 05, 2017, 07:38:06 am »

You can easily go 2 ways on the Rhoomes argument.

One is that we definitely need to recruit a big like him because we lack size.

The other is that Rhoomes only came to improve and eventually dominate because JN is a far superior coach to TP and we need to give JN time to implement his system with his type of players.

Time will tell.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: December 05, 2017, 08:24:32 am »

He scored 7pts in the victory over Chaminade on Saturday. Heard Hofstra Coach was planning to be there.

No big deal but just for the record- LUHI says he scored 11 points.
Report Spam   Logged
FU85
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: December 05, 2017, 09:00:41 am »

I have seen him play live twice and I believe Kupsas would be a good addition to our roster. He is a wing not a post and would fit into Neubauers system. He can shoot well and is an ok rebounder but could use some work on that along with his defense. He would have to be coached up but could be a solid player at FU. His advantage in HS is that he plays on a very tall team but that would not be the case with us.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: December 05, 2017, 09:21:45 am »

True. And lest we forget, his first 2 seasons, Rhoomes was the poster child for bad hands and dumb fouls. But he grew into his role, and, in his senior year, was the focal point for delivering our first winning season in a decade. That's why I cringe when fans judge a player after a few games and even after a season. Good things take time.  Down the stretch in his senior year, there wasn't a player in the A-10 who wanted to see Ryan lining up against him.

Fordham offered Myles Johnson, I believe red shirting and listed at 6'10" 264 lbs by Rutgers.  So I think we'd take a traditional post.  And Rhoomes improved, but the one thing was Neubauer upped his usage percentage. It doubled.  Almost twice as many possessions were run through him.
Report Spam   Logged
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: December 05, 2017, 09:28:55 am »

No big deal but just for the record- LUHI says he scored 11 points.
As you say- Etienne-20, Curbelo-13, Greene-11, Mostafa-11, Kupsas-7,Policelli-5, Swinson-4 Total=71 Newsday
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:50:56 am by tuckertomm » Report Spam   Logged
Vinseiro2
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: December 05, 2017, 10:59:56 am »

Which schools have offered him?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 564 565 566 [567] 568 569   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: