fordhamfans.com
August 20, 2017, 09:23:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 527 528 ... 559   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 897134 times)
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15660 on: March 12, 2017, 11:32:56 am »

It is logical to post guys we have offered. Any fan of the program should be interested in such a fact and it also qualifies as a "recruiting update". I would also agree that posting info about guys we have no connection with, is a waste of time.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: March 12, 2017, 11:51:02 am »

Alan Griffin played at Rose Hill last week. Stepinac beat Christ the King in the playoffs.  Then lost to Molloy.  He didn't have a big scoring game in the win but he had a bunch of steals. He's usually their leading scorer. 

Hope he liked his visit.
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: March 12, 2017, 10:46:17 pm »

Just learned that Hayes beat Molloy 64-62 today for the championship at RHG on a contested missed layup at the end. Were any posters there to witness it? Any potential recruits? Any Ram coaches/scouts/staff?
Report Spam   Logged
El Jefe
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15663 on: March 13, 2017, 01:53:58 am »

Just learned that Hayes beat Molloy 64-62 today for the championship at RHG on a contested missed layup at the end. Were any posters there to witness it? Any potential recruits? Any Ram coaches/scouts/staff?

Very exciting game before a packed RHG.  Molloy has a big three of Cole Anthony, Kalid Moore and Moses Brown.  Anthony, son of Greg Anthony, is a sophomore and Moore is a junior.  Brown is a seven footer junior with offers from Duke and Kansas, among many others.  Hayes was undeterred.  Fordham recruit Joe Toussaint of Hayes was named MVP.  He had 12 points, 5 rebounds and 9 assists.  Toussaint is listed at 6'0" on VC, and 5'10" on the CH website.  IMO, he is closer to the latter.  He is a very good ball handler and passer, often penetrating and hitting open teammates.  Toussaint also has a decent outside shot and can knock down threes.  The Hayes players were fearless in taking it to the basket against Brown, who made some great blocks.  I was impressed by Toussaint's ability to get by defenders and with his defense.  He plays with a high motor and was a steadying hand when Hayes needed it.

A write up of the game can be found at the link below, along with video of the 4Q taken by an assistant on the Hayes bench.  Touissant is #2 for the Cardinals.  It was one of the best HS games I have been to in a long time.  Anthony could play at the college level now.  Brown too, but will probably prep to bulk up.  Touissant should be back next year.  I believe game  was on MSG Varsity, which my cable company does not carry.          
https://nychoops.rivals.com/news/hayes-shocks-molloy-wins-chsaa-aa-championship

A write up of the Molloy's semifinal one point win over Stepinac and Fordham recruit Alan Griffin can be found at the link below.  I was not at the game, but it too sounded like a thriller.
https://nychoops.rivals.com/news/molloy-edges-stepinac-faces-hayes-in-chsaa-city-chip

I saw Fordham coaches Ali T and Mike D at the game.  Smiley  No one from Duke or Kansas.  Roll Eyes   

P.S. Edited to correct Griffin's first name and Anthony's year.  Thanks to posts below.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:28:49 pm by El Jefe » Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: March 13, 2017, 10:41:51 am »

Could kill for real recruiting news.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: March 13, 2017, 12:25:29 pm »

Very exciting game before a packed RHG.  Molloy has a big three of Cole Anthony, Kalid Moore and Moses Brown.  Anthony, son of Greg Anthony, and Moore are juniors.  Brown is a seven footer junior with offers from Duke and Kansas, among many others.  Hayes was undeterred.  Fordham recruit Joe Toussaint of Hayes was named MVP.  He had 12 points, 5 rebounds and 9 assists.  Toussaint is listed at 6'0" on VC, and 5'10" on the CH website.  IMO, he is closer to the latter.  He is a very good ball handler and passer, often penetrating and hitting open teammates.  Toussaint also has a decent outside shot and can knock down threes.  The Hayes players were fearless in taking it to the basket against Brown, who made some great blocks.  I was impressed by Toussaint's ability to get by defenders and with his defense.  He plays with a high motor and was a steadying hand when Hayes needed it.

A write up of the game can be found at the link below, along with video of the 4Q taken by an assistant on the Hayes bench.  Touissant is #2 for the Cardinals.  It was one of the best HS games I have been to in a long time.  Anthony could play at the college level now.  Brown too, but will probably prep to bulk up.  Touissant should be back next year.  I believe game  was on MSG Varsity, which my cable company does not carry.          
https://nychoops.rivals.com/news/hayes-shocks-molloy-wins-chsaa-aa-championship

A write up of the Molloy's semifinal one point win over Stepinac and Fordham recruit Adrian Griffin can be found at the link below.  I was not at the game, but it too sounded like a thriller.
https://nychoops.rivals.com/news/molloy-edges-stepinac-faces-hayes-in-chsaa-city-chip

I saw Fordham coaches Ali T and Mike D at the game.  Smiley  No one from Duke or Kansas.  Roll Eyes   

It's Alan Griffin.  Adrian was his dad.  Toussaint is ranked 116th by 247 sports and a 4 star but other raters don't have him on their radar yet.   247 doesn't rate Griffin.  Verbal Commits has him and Toussaint as 2 stars.  Seems like both of them flew under the radar a bit and may be getting late interest.
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: March 13, 2017, 02:45:20 pm »

Thanks for the write-up, el jefe.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: March 13, 2017, 03:56:14 pm »

Yeah, thanks.

Wow is Molloy loaded.  247 ranks Brown 8th and Moore 80th in class of '18, Anthony 12 in '19 and the number 1 point guard. 
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: March 13, 2017, 08:51:31 pm »

Would love to see Nick Mayo transfer to Fordham. EKU sophomore putting up excellent stats from Maine. No knowledge- just wishing. Was hoping JN would bring him with last year.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: March 13, 2017, 09:59:03 pm »

Would love to see Nick Mayo transfer to Fordham. EKU sophomore putting up excellent stats from Maine. No knowledge- just wishing. Was hoping JN would bring him with last year.

That thought has crossed my mind too.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: March 14, 2017, 01:17:11 am »

Yeah, thanks.

Wow is Molloy loaded.  247 ranks Brown 8th and Moore 80th in class of '18, Anthony 12 in '19 and the number 1 point guard. 

'Bout time alma mater reloaded. Go Stanners!
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: March 17, 2017, 11:07:12 pm »

Georgia Head Coach Mark Fox visited Putnam Science C/F Isaac Kante yesterday and offered him. Offers now include Georgetown, Georgia, Fordham, DePaul, St. Louis, Kansas State and St. Bonaventure.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: March 18, 2017, 01:11:23 pm »

6'4 Juco G Dinero Mercurious - current list of schools is Fordham, Tulsa, Utah, Illinois State, and Missouri State.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:27:51 pm by rambacker » Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: March 18, 2017, 01:16:05 pm »

Mercurial dinero, sounds like a perfect description for Frank's cushy position as alumni relations something or other.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:46:19 pm by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: March 18, 2017, 01:56:20 pm »

Mercurial dinero, sounds like a perfect description for Frank's cushy position as alumni relations something or other.

top 10 entry
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15675 on: March 20, 2017, 09:56:18 pm »

Duane Wilson Marquette graduate transfer.  6-2 guard eligible immediately.  He was a very good freshman sophomore years had his minutes cut this year but improved his defense. 

https://marquettewire.org/3968406/sports/wilson-evolves-from-volume-shooter-to-shutdown-defender/
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15676 on: March 20, 2017, 10:20:40 pm »

what about Italian FIBA star?
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15677 on: March 20, 2017, 11:01:20 pm »

I hope you get round the clock supervision and if so tell them to monitor your on line presence. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15678 on: March 20, 2017, 11:10:39 pm »

Duane Wilson Marquette graduate transfer.  6-2 guard eligible immediately.  He was a very good freshman sophomore years had his minutes cut this year but improved his defense. 

https://marquettewire.org/3968406/sports/wilson-evolves-from-volume-shooter-to-shutdown-defender/

On this past season's Marquette squad, defense was sort of optional. Wilson's a good player, but his strengths are our team's current strengths. We need a taller wing shooter first. Wilson rang up most of his points on MU teams that, frankly, weren't that good. His best offensive performances were against inferior opponents.  Assuming we enter next season with Chartouny, Anderson, Hicks and Havsa, I'd rate him as  a luxury, not a necessity. Mind you, a few luxuries can be nice, now and then.
Report Spam   Logged
97Ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15679 on: March 21, 2017, 08:13:47 am »

I hope you get round the clock supervision and if so tell them to monitor your on line presence. 

I think his question was legit. We had been recruiting Davide Moretti, a guard from Italy. I have not heard anything about him since late summer, but it appears from video and reports that he had a very good year in Italy and he got stronger.  Arizona State was also recruiting him.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15680 on: March 21, 2017, 08:20:43 am »

On this past season's Marquette squad, defense was sort of optional. Wilson's a good player, but his strengths are our team's current strengths. We need a taller wing shooter first. Wilson rang up most of his points on MU teams that, frankly, weren't that good. His best offensive performances were against inferior opponents.  Assuming we enter next season with Chartouny, Anderson, Hicks and Havsa, I'd rate him as  a luxury, not a necessity. Mind you, a few luxuries can be nice, now and then.

Great report thank you. I think if we signed him we would hope to combine last year with his first two years. 

I think his question was legit. We had been recruiting Davide Moretti, a guard from Italy. I have not heard anything about him since late summer, but it appears from video and reports that he had a very good year in Italy and he got stronger.  Arizona State was also recruiting him.

You got that out of Fiba Italian star?  You are better than I am. Good work thank you he still needs supervision.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15681 on: March 21, 2017, 08:35:45 am »

Macaroni De Braini?
Report Spam   Logged
ramdude
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15682 on: March 23, 2017, 05:33:20 pm »

CT PG Tremont Waters is asking out of his signed LOI from Georgetown (his request came before John Thompson III got the axe).  He was also offered by UConn, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, and Yale.

I can dream. 
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15683 on: March 23, 2017, 06:12:18 pm »

Dream bigger. Michael porter is also out of his commitment to Washington .
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15684 on: March 23, 2017, 06:19:43 pm »

That's not dreaming, that's hallucinating!
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15685 on: March 23, 2017, 07:24:46 pm »

Saw some unconfirmed rumblings on Twitter from saying we're interested in St. Francis (PA) big man Joshua Nebo. Not sure how true it is.
Report Spam   Logged

We didnt get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. I can see it coming.

-Tom Pecora
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15686 on: March 24, 2017, 10:26:21 am »

He'd be a good get, but would have to sit out a year, no?
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15687 on: March 24, 2017, 10:30:03 am »

Yes.  I don't see anything in twitter tying him to Fordham.  But he looks pretty good.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15688 on: March 24, 2017, 11:51:42 am »

Fordham has offered 6' 9" PF Obadiah Toppin from Mount Zion Prep. He is Class of 2017.

He also has offers from Mississippi State, Georgia and St. Bonaventure. Toppin is originally from Ossining in Westchester County.

A 2016 recruiting profile:

Obadiah Toppin 16 from Ossining HS was a virtual unknown before playing in the Unsigned Hype Senior Games last week. Toppin made his presence felt as he put his skill set on blast.

Im an inside player but I can also step out and shoot the three [pointer], said Toppin after putting out a 26 point performance during the event. I see myself more like a three-guard.

Toppin currently plays his AAU basketball with the JayHawks under Coach Jay David. The kid is ultra-talented, said David who described him as a wing/combo forward.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Rhythm
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #15689 on: March 24, 2017, 12:28:15 pm »

6 9 pf Myles Johnson out of Long Beach is on campus today for a visit.  He's a big boy.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/myles-johnson-ca
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 527 528 ... 559   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: