fordhamfans.com
September 20, 2017, 07:50:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 560   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update  (Read 900693 times)
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16620 on: July 02, 2017, 12:01:06 pm »

Makes great use of his left hand on the dribble. Who else does he have offers from?
Alan , you are on a hot streak!
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16621 on: July 02, 2017, 01:01:41 pm »

Makes great use of his left hand on the dribble. Who else does he have offers from?
Alan , you are on a hot streak!

He's just blowing up in AAU play. Very good 3 point shooter, solid defender and rebounder. Has long arms and a quick release on his jump shot.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16622 on: July 03, 2017, 10:42:03 am »

Tre Evans and Antwon Portley are both now enrolled at Fordham.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:44:00 am by rambacker » Report Spam   Logged
cbbdan
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16623 on: July 04, 2017, 05:52:03 am »

Damari Parris transferring from WKU, wonder if we still have interest in him. We already have plenty of guards so idk.
Report Spam   Logged
The Grinch
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16624 on: July 11, 2017, 06:52:23 pm »

2017 (MNE) F Ivan Raut has committed to Fordham. (HT @Eurohopes) http://verbalcommits.com/players/ivan-raut
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16625 on: July 11, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »

2017 (MNE) F Ivan Raut has committed to Fordham. (HT @Eurohopes) http://verbalcommits.com/players/ivan-raut
Montenegro native. Has to be a first for the Rams. Hope he is way under the radar. European players are usually well schooled in the basics.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=006318&seasoncode=JTR15
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: July 11, 2017, 08:07:30 pm »

This news probably deserves its own thread as we customarily do in order to welcome the new player to Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: July 12, 2017, 10:37:57 pm »

2018 Josh Alexander is locked in for @ElevateHoops Summer Showdown on 7/21-23. Offers from Boston U, Howard, Towson, Columbia, Fordham
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/josh-alexander
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16628 on: July 13, 2017, 07:49:17 am »

2018 Josh Alexander is locked in for @ElevateHoops Summer Showdown on 7/21-23. Offers from Boston U, Howard, Towson, Columbia, Fordham
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/josh-alexander

6'8" from Carmel and attends Iona Prep. This is from Big East Recruiting last month.

The 6-foot-8 forward provides a tough, two-way presence on both ends of the court. He’s an aggressive player down low, banging his way for a finish around the rim. He also has great rebounding instincts and crashes the offensive glass well. Defensively, he’s a bruiser that isn’t afraid to play physically.

So far, he has a ton of low to mid-major Division I offers, with Fordham, American, Colgate, Columbia, Howard, Hampton, New Hampshire, Quinnipiac, St. Francis (Pa.), Stony Brook, Siena, and Towson in the mix.

He also has interest from other Ivy League schools such as Brown, Penn, and Yale. According to Alexander, a few Big East schools have also emerged—Georgetown and DePaul. It seems like St. John’s can add itself to the conversation.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16629 on: July 13, 2017, 10:46:40 am »

6'8" from Carmel and attends Iona Prep. This is from Big East Recruiting last month.

The 6-foot-8 forward provides a tough, two-way presence on both ends of the court. He’s an aggressive player down low, banging his way for a finish around the rim. He also has great rebounding instincts and crashes the offensive glass well. Defensively, he’s a bruiser that isn’t afraid to play physically.

So far, he has a ton of low to mid-major Division I offers, with Fordham, American, Colgate, Columbia, Howard, Hampton, New Hampshire, Quinnipiac, St. Francis (Pa.), Stony Brook, Siena, and Towson in the mix.

He also has interest from other Ivy League schools such as Brown, Penn, and Yale. According to Alexander, a few Big East schools have also emerged—Georgetown and DePaul. It seems like St. John’s can add itself to the conversation.

I believe we were the first school to offer him when he was in 9th grade.

Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16630 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:02 am »

Watched him play in December. Think he'd fit in well.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16631 on: July 13, 2017, 05:38:00 pm »

If we indeed want Josh Alexander, here is an opportunity for Mike DePaoli to show us something on the recruiting front.
Report Spam   Logged
97Ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: July 13, 2017, 06:30:49 pm »

Watched him play in December. Think he'd fit in well.

The way he finishes around the rim reminds me a bit of Dunston.  Bangs his way in there, but keeps his body control and has very long arms. 
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16633 on: July 13, 2017, 07:24:52 pm »

If we indeed want Josh Alexander, here is an opportunity for Mike DePaoli to show us something on the recruiting front.
Totally agree. This is a big year for Mike individually. Time to deliver the goods as the only real local guy on the staff. Keep hearing that we are having trouble connecting with local coaches while also hearing Mike D is a great guy who knows everybody. Step up young fella and help the Rams tap into the local recruiting base so I don't have to find out that Crna Gora is the same country as Montenegro.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16634 on: July 14, 2017, 12:10:45 am »

Agreed, but it seems that JN is trying to emulate programs like Gonzaga and St. Mary's, which found themselves bumping up against Power 5 programs for local recruits, but which built through a system of international recruits (and domestic redshirts). "It's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see how it works out for them!"
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16635 on: July 14, 2017, 11:27:53 am »

no disrespect tot he foreign players and they can be welcome additions to the program, but if we cannot land solid players from the the states that is very concerning.  I have and continue to have confidence in JN's coaching ability but we need to recruit better to take the program tot he next level.   
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16636 on: July 14, 2017, 11:33:07 am »

I care about one thing: winning.  It is only concerning if we don't get good players. Nothing else matters.  All this cow towing to local basketball makes no sense to me.  They have done nothing for us over 20 years.  I just don't care about them.  Get good players period end of story for me.  Local Midwest south west European I don't give a crap they will wear maroon which is good enough for me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:20:42 pm by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16637 on: July 14, 2017, 11:41:29 am »

no disrespect tot he foreign players and they can be welcome additions to the program, but if we cannot land solid players from the the states that is very concerning.  I have and continue to have confidence in JN's coaching ability but we need to recruit better to take the program tot he next level.  

I wonder if fans at St. Mary's feel the same way about the foreign players. I agree with you that overall recruiting has to get better, but it does not matter where they come from.

Additionally, Evans is from the US, he was signed this off-season. One of our transfers is from the US. Last season we signed Ohams and Hicks from the US.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
KPW
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16638 on: July 14, 2017, 10:43:56 pm »

I care about one thing: winning.  It is only concerning if we don't get good players. Nothing else matters.  All this cow towing to local basketball makes no sense to me.  They have done nothing for us over 20 years.  I just don't care about them.  Get good players period end of story for me.  Local Midwest south west European I don't give a crap they will wear maroon which is good enough for me.
+1000
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16639 on: July 14, 2017, 10:52:06 pm »

Prediction: Tre Evans will be our best player this coming season.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16640 on: July 14, 2017, 11:51:08 pm »

That says a lot with JC coming back. Did you say best player or best recruiter Evil
Report Spam   Logged
The Grinch
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16641 on: July 15, 2017, 08:51:19 am »

+1
Report Spam   Logged
cbbdan
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16642 on: July 15, 2017, 09:17:27 am »

Clearly Ali Ton is our main recruiter, and we should be happy about having a European pipeline. I give coach credit it was a wise decision to hire him. Hopefully we get GOOD in state players but if not it's nice to know we are good regardless. JUCO guys like Evans are good too. Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16643 on: July 15, 2017, 09:38:53 am »

The women's team has five (5) foreign players on the roster. Foreign players, 5th year players, JUCOS, transfers, this is how it must be done these days.. 

Its better than the 11th hour Brennan Melvins of the world .....
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16644 on: July 15, 2017, 10:09:51 am »

The women's team has five (5) foreign players on the roster. Foreign players, 5th year players, JUCOS, transfers, this is how it must be done these days.. 

Its better than the 11th hour Brennan Melvins of the world .....

Sure is!  +10
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16645 on: July 15, 2017, 10:13:30 am »

Hell of a prediction. My words two days prior to your prediction:

"Evans will come in heavier, I'll hold to the prediction that he'll be our best player/top scorer."

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16646 on: July 15, 2017, 10:26:10 am »

Hell of a prediction. My words two days prior to your prediction:

"Evans will come in heavier, I'll hold to the prediction that he'll be our best player/top scorer."

Chartouny best thief and all around guy.  A full healthy season.

Evans best go to scorer.

Hicks best shooter.

Ohams rebounding and human eraser, improved offense.

Slanina best post scorer, rim protector.

Havsa best ball handling magician.

Tavares most improved.

Pekarek comeback player of the year.

Bunting high jumping bench big.

Zarko head cheerleader.

Raut ? And the Mysterians

Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16647 on: July 15, 2017, 10:32:14 am »

A few years back we had Arseni Kuchinsky. He was awful his first two years and burst out as a junior. Similar player to Pekarek, similar size and length..we shall see...
Report Spam   Logged
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16648 on: July 15, 2017, 10:44:36 am »

I thought Rothstein was our head cheerleader.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16649 on: July 15, 2017, 11:19:50 am »

A few years back we had Arseni Kuchinsky. He was awful his first two years and burst out as a junior. Similar player to Pekarek, similar size and length..we shall see...

How scary is it that "a few years" is now... 16 years ago? Unbelievable. Was it his junior or senior year that he emerged as a solid shooter off the bench? He was 6'7, Pekarek a bit more stretch at 6'10, but I see the comp.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 560   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: