fordhamfans.com
September 21, 2017, 07:03:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Tracking Our *CURRENTLY* Signed/Committed Recruits

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking Our *CURRENTLY* Signed/Committed Recruits  (Read 182486 times)
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: April 15, 2016, 05:21:58 pm »

He had 6 points, 8 rebounds (7 turnovers) in a February 27 game against Monroe in New Ro. Also no blocks, which would indicate he is not an inside presence for a 6'10" guy.
Report Spam   Logged
Bean Ram
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: April 15, 2016, 05:24:07 pm »

Let's go easy on over analyzing 1 game.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: April 15, 2016, 05:39:09 pm »

OK.  Wink In the opening game of the season, he had 18 point and 11 rebounds.

As someone might have already posted, he was listed as a freshman. Does he have three years of eligibility?
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: April 15, 2016, 07:03:21 pm »

I thought he moved very well .... but he seemed very soft.

Hit the weight room
Report Spam   Logged
cbbdan
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 15, 2016, 07:11:55 pm »

Got to like what the staff is doing with recruiting, we are not struggling at all to sign players which is really refreshing. Nice mix of HS, JUCO, and International players on our roster now. I like that Neubauer understands we need to get creative with recruiting, hope the JUCO pipeline becomes a staple they really help to even the score with the bigger programs. I'm excited to see what these guys can do.
    Seeing as none of the JUCO guys are really out there like that, that tells me the coaches have a plan and have an eye for guys with certain skills that fit our system. They are not looking at ratings and offers from other schools, they see a guy they like and go get him regardless of accolades. We are becoming a program its just awesome.
Report Spam   Logged
Thump and Honk
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 15, 2016, 07:33:40 pm »

JUCOs will help us out doubly to build on Coach's fast start philosophy: more experienced than freshmen so they'll contribute sooner if not immediately, but won't tie up four years of scholarship resources so we can capitalize on any intermediate success with recruits in the short term. Plus they have experience doing college coursework, so that's one less thing to worry about.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 17, 2016, 11:21:17 am »

It's important to note that Prokop is a 5 and Papa is a 4. Heckuva front court combination in the making.
Report Spam   Logged
The Grinch
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: April 17, 2016, 12:20:56 pm »

It's important to note that Prokop is a 5 and Papa is a 4. Heckuva front court combination in the making.

Did Papa sign?
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 18, 2016, 10:22:16 pm »

Did Papa sign?
Papa still shows as committed from multiple websites. I know Fordham will make only one announcement. With 5 potential commits, they may be taking a little longer to finalize.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/172297/papa-ndiaye
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/papa-ndiaye
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/papa-n-diaye
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: April 23, 2016, 09:30:52 am »

News12 Bronx has brief interview with Chuba and mentions JN extension.

Edit: I deleted the link because it is the wrong one. I tested it after I posted and it was the correct one but somehow lost it.  Angry
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 05:33:48 pm by RAM71 » Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: April 27, 2016, 08:20:27 pm »

News12 Bronx has brief interview with Chuba and mentions JN extension.

Edit: I deleted the link because it is the wrong one. I tested it after I posted and it was the correct one but somehow lost it.  Angry

Chuba is very excited about playing for Fordham. He mentions in the interview that he was recruited by Virginia and other high majors.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 27, 2016, 08:33:59 pm »

Chuba is very excited about playing for Fordham. He mentions in the interview that he was recruited by Virginia and other high majors.

Wow!
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
jorma
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 27, 2016, 10:04:01 pm »

dropped (hand delivered) 70/71 ND @ Fordahm program to Chuba Home and got nice thanks from Future Fordham Star.
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: April 27, 2016, 10:44:11 pm »

we need to get a restraining order.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 27, 2016, 10:58:25 pm »

dropped (hand delivered) 70/71 ND @ Fordahm program to Chuba Home and got nice thanks from Future Fordham Star.

I hope this was after he signed.

Either way, gifts to athletes are not permissible.

You really should stop doing this type of thing, irrespective of what username you are using here.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: April 27, 2016, 11:03:56 pm »

You are a creep and need to stay away from all recruits players and probably the human race in general.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Golden Ram
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: April 28, 2016, 07:14:22 am »

[/quote
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:33:18 am by Golden Ram » Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: April 28, 2016, 07:56:50 am »

Alright Coach Bell... Cool the jets. Not sure what is more idiotic... Showing up to a recruits home.. giving him a gift... Or bragging about it on the Internet.
Report Spam   Logged
El Jefe
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: April 28, 2016, 10:38:34 am »

Alright Coach Bell... Cool the jets. Not sure what is more idiotic... Showing up to a recruits home.. giving him a gift... Or bragging about it on the Internet.

I think any reference to or discussion of a game 45 years ago, prior to the birth of a recruit and maybe his parents, is even more idiotic.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: April 28, 2016, 11:18:27 am »

Why were the pages stuck together? Ok cretin, its obvious you are trying to feign a violation. These interweb folks are pretty savvy these days with IP addresses.

Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: April 28, 2016, 12:55:37 pm »

OMG ... It might be better if we ask Jorma to explain the usual outreach before saying disgusting things on the board, and acusing him of NCAA violations, being a creep, etc.

Jorma .... can you tell us how this gesture came about?

Please, God .... be a good and reasonable reason
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: April 28, 2016, 01:04:15 pm »

Scott, decent point, but the gift is a violation irrespective of how it came about. In the end it might be a minor violation, but it is a violation nonetheless.

That does not even go into how Jorma is a new poster in name only.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 28, 2016, 01:10:36 pm »

Scott, decent point, but the gift is a violation irrespective of how it came about. In the end it might be a minor violation, but it is a violation nonetheless.

That does not even go into how Jorma is a new poster in name only.

Jorma did not say it was a gift.  Maybe he sold it.

The point is we don't know what the hell he's talking about yet a bunch of people are jumping on him and getting pretty ugly, pretty fast.

Report Spam   Logged
Ram 83
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: April 28, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »

Jorma did not say it was a gift.  Maybe he sold it.

The point is we don't know what the hell he's talking about yet a bunch of people are jumping on him and getting pretty ugly, pretty fast.

Maybe he sold it?  Seriously?  Jorma made an outlandish statement, one in which he broke an NCAA rule, I believe the onus is on him to explain himself, not on posters to somehow ignore his ridiculous actions.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: April 28, 2016, 02:55:54 pm »

Maybe he sold it?  Seriously?  Jorma made an outlandish statement, one in which he broke an NCAA rule, I believe the onus is on him to explain himself, not on posters to somehow ignore his ridiculous actions.

His statement was incomplete for sure.

But there's a difference between ignoring his statement, and indicating in writing that he's spread bodily fluid on the item, or he's a pervert in the still acceptable connotation of that charge.

I personally prefer a few more facts before calling someone I don't know, and have never seen a creep, a pervert, an NCAA compliance violator or a sprayer of love ick    Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: April 28, 2016, 03:16:31 pm »

But there's a difference between ignoring his statement, and indicating in writing that he's spread bodily fluid on the item, or he's a pervert in the still acceptable connotation of that charge.

I personally prefer a few more facts before calling someone I don't know, and have never seen a creep, a pervert, an NCAA compliance violator or a sprayer of love ick    Smiley

How does one even believe it's true to begin with? Anyone can come on here and make up some story like that. Anyone.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: April 28, 2016, 03:44:08 pm »

I missed that comment by 85. I was better off then than I am now.

I am not one to reveal a poster's true identity if I know it (usually I don't), but when a poster registers under two different usernames and causes controversy I do tend to call them out. Jorma has a history, similar to what he is accused of in this thread, under a different name. Go to the front page of the forum, do a search for "Jorma" and you should be able to figure it out.
Report Spam   Logged

Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: April 28, 2016, 03:58:37 pm »

Sorry my reference there was due to the constant lovefest for 1971.  Look its a post that is obviously going to raise eyebrows and suspicion.why on earth would anyone post that and draw attention to it.  The poster just signed on as the latest member so it looks fake. 
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: April 28, 2016, 05:24:20 pm »

Sorry my reference there was due to the constant lovefest for 1971.  Look its a post that is obviously going to raise eyebrows and suspicion.why on earth would anyone post that and draw attention to it.  The poster just signed on as the latest member so it looks fake. 

LOL....now your description of the book makes sense to me.  Sorry I didn't figure it out.  You've suffered through more observations of the nocturnal spasms on that sainted team than I have.

So my apologies for calling you out 85.  Please excuse me.

Was this Jorma acoustic or electric?
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: April 28, 2016, 08:56:37 pm »

LOL....now your description of the book makes sense to me.  Sorry I didn't figure it out.  You've suffered through more observations of the nocturnal spasms on that sainted team than I have.

So my apologies for calling you out 85.  Please excuse me.

Was this Jorma acoustic or electric?

OK Scott, now I'm going to go full Steve McGarrett on you, because I remember seeing Jorma Kaukonen at the Rose Hill Gym. It was supposed to be a Airplane concert, but certain players (Grace Slick?) didn't show up and they played as Hot Tuna. A Sunday afternoon (no wonder Grace didn't show) and they came on about 2 hours late.

It was both acoustic and electric as I recall.  If I can recall.  Which I can. Kinda.

Hopefully this can get the thread back to recruiting . . . 

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: