fordhamfans.com
September 26, 2017, 05:58:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Tracking Our *CURRENTLY* Signed/Committed Recruits

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking Our *CURRENTLY* Signed/Committed Recruits  (Read 182487 times)
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 10:37:40 pm »

Brian Freeman again did not play on 2/6 as Potomac edged Sidwell 54-51 in OT.

Maybe Brian will play on Saturday night?
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2009, 11:14:17 am »

On 2/7 Brian Freeman had 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks as Potomac lost to St. Albans 48-41. I am not sure how many minutes he played and it was his first action in three weeks.

Brian was in attendance at yesterday's GW game.   
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2009, 12:11:39 pm »

I read in today's Record that Lance Brown played yesterday for Paterson Catholic in the opening round of the Passaic County Tournament.  PC, ranked number 1 in the county, played a weak #16 Lakeland High School (3-13).  The final score was 71-41.  Brown scored 8 points in the contest.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 12:15:55 pm »

That's good news about Lance. I believe Lance and PC play Rice at Fordham within a week? It would be nice to have a good turnout of Fordham fans to show support.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2009, 10:42:00 pm »

On 2/7 Chris Gaston led New Hampton with 31 points as they beat Massanutten at the National Prep Invitational at URI by 79-67.

This is from New England Recruiting Report:

When Chris Gaston and Evan Smotrycz perform the way they did today then New Hampton is very difficult to beat.  Gaston in particular was outstanding.  The Fordham bound forward made 14 of his 17 shots from the floor en route to a 31 point performance as he showed tremendous creativity and body control finishing plays within 10 feet of the rim.   
Report Spam   Logged
ram64
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2009, 11:02:01 pm »

On 2/7 St. Albans 48 Potomac 41 Brian Freeman 8pts 4 rebounds 3 blocks 1 assist.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:07:26 pm by ram64 » Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 08:24:18 am »

Here's a blog posted yesterday from scout Van Coleman on Chris Gaston:

New Hampton 79  Massanutten Military Academy 67

Chris Gaston (New Hampton/Fordham) Big year continues here. Great timing on the glass and blessed with long arms. Displayed his agility around the rim with some twisting lay-ins and slips through the defense. 31 points and 8 rebounds on 14-17 FGs.
Report Spam   Logged
Stringer Bell
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 12:39:36 pm »

This is from an espn.com article from this past weekend's event.  There was a list of 5 standout players from the 15+ games, and Gaston was one of them.

Chris Gaston, 6-7 (PF)
Senior, Newark, N.J./New Hampton Prep (N.H.)
Gaston, with his athleticism and rapidly emerging offensive game, plays impressively as a face-up power forward. He has good leaping ability and length in addition to a quick second jump, which allows him to collect a number of rebounds on the offensive end. Gaston has sneaky strength despite his wiry build, but he needs to increase his strength in order to play the 4 successfully at the next level. He uses this strength and leaping ability to finish plays around the hoop with his nice touch. Gaston has to continue to improve his footwork with his back to the basket to score off post-ups. Gaston also can use his quickness to drive past slower bigs, and when he does, he uses a very sweet, quick spin move to free himself for lay-ins. He also uses his good body control to adjust in the air for lay-ups. Although he does not rank as a great shooter, Gaston can score from the perimeter using the jump shot, especially in the 15-17 foot range. He changes ends very well.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2009, 09:43:50 pm »

Lance Brown did not play in Paterson Catholic's game on 2/10. Hopefully, Lance is not re-injured. The game was a total blowout so I am hoping that Lance was being rested for Friday's game against Rice.

Does anyone have any news?       
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:55:30 pm by RAM71 » Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:55 pm »

On 2/10 Brian Freeman had 16 points (7-11 from the field), 14 rebounds, 4 blocks as Potomac beat Georgetown Day 55-51. It's good to see Brian bounce back from the injury with a strong game.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 08:22:01 am »

On 2/10 Joel (Air Jamaica) Wright had 29 points and 17 rebounds to lead Jefferson over Westinghouse 72-58 in the opening round of the playoffs.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 12:46:37 pm »

On 2/11 Chris Gaston had 27 points as New Hampton lost to Brewster Academy 88-83.

Chris went head to head with the big and talented Brewster frontline with three top 50 players- 6'9" (Oklahoma), 6'8" (Kansas), 6'6" (Baylor). Reports are that Chris was equal to or better than anyone else on the floor.

I am starting to think that Chris Gaston is going to be a very special player for us. Didn't Bob Hurley say he was his best player two years ago? 
Report Spam   Logged
fordhamram
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 04:49:31 pm »

On 2/11 Chris Gaston had 27 points as New Hampton lost to Brewster Academy 88-83.

Chris went head to head with the big and talented Brewster frontline with three top 50 players- 6'9" (Oklahoma), 6'8" (Kansas), 6'6" (Baylor). Reports are that Chris was equal to or better than anyone else on the floor.

I am starting to think that Chris Gaston is going to be a very special player for us. Didn't Bob Hurley say he was his best player two years ago? 

If he can get through high school...Given DW's inability to get players on the floor, I'm not going to count any chicken's before they hatch.
Report Spam   Logged
b.mann
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:46 pm »

OK...are all three of our recruits going to be eligible and play significant minutes next year or not? From what I'm reading, Gaston and Brown are ready to play right now for us, and Freeman, despite playing at a lower level of competition in high school, should be physically able to help us. What about Sherrod Wright? Is he ready to play minutes next year if we were ever able to land him? We need help IMMEDIATELY...no time to wait on projects at this juncture. No sarcasm or funny business, guys. We are in desperate straits. GO RAMS! God save the ram!
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 07:45:30 pm »

OK...are all three of our recruits going to be eligible and play significant minutes next year or not? From what I'm reading, Gaston and Brown are ready to play right now for us, and Freeman, despite playing at a lower level of competition in high school, should be physically able to help us. What about Sherrod Wright? Is he ready to play minutes next year if we were ever able to land him? We need help IMMEDIATELY...no time to wait on projects at this juncture. No sarcasm or funny business, guys. We are in desperate straits. GO RAMS! God save the ram!

Sherrod Wright is a very good student and will be eligible to play immediately next year.  I expect all of our recruits to be on the floor, eligible, for the first game next season.
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 08:03:04 pm »

I will preface this by saying that Gaston and Brown will end up having a much bigger impact at Rose Hill but for next year the biggest thing might be whether Freeman can give us 7 Pts and 7 rebs a game or something in that neighborhood.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 08:45:20 pm »

I will preface this by saying that Gaston and Brown will end up having a much bigger impact at Rose Hill but for next year the biggest thing might be whether Freeman can give us 7 Pts and 7 rebs a game or something in that neighborhood.

Good points.  A key to progress next season will be our frontcourt production.  That means Green must improve his rebounding, learn how to FINISH PLAYS AT THE HOOP, and become a defensive presence while Freeman must rebound and score a bit and Gordon and Gaston must hit the ground running.  Equally important will be our backcourt players doing a much better job of feeding the post.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:56:43 am by rambacker » Report Spam   Logged
RamSportsEditor
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2009, 12:32:11 am »

Freeman told me the other day he's ready to put up 20/10 when he gets here  Wink  I sure wouldn't mind that.

Green will be able to finish more once he has a full season under his belt - remember, before this season he had only played something like 3 minutes per game in 10 games AFTER redshirting a year out of high school, and he had to sit out that other year due to transfer rules. His problem is that he's shooting those layups to contact, expecting to get hit when he goes up - he should have more of a feel for what will happen on those shots next season, and hopefully he can get those 10 pounds he wants to add during the summer.

Anyone have a solid prediction for how much time everyone gets on the court next season?
Report Spam   Logged
ayteefie
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2009, 03:53:57 pm »

Freeman told me the other day he's ready to put up 20/10 when he gets here  Wink  I sure wouldn't mind that.

And you wonder why people post sarcastically on this board.

Are you talking about his score on the eye chart?

Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 04:26:20 pm »

And you wonder why people post sarcastically on this board.

Are you talking about his score on the eye chart?

I took it to mean 20 points and 10 rebounds.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2009, 06:43:39 pm »

Lance Brown had 10 points as Paterson Catholic loses to Rice 67-63 at the RHG. Lance shot 3-11 from the line (ouch!). Let's hope he and Jio spend a lot of time shooting "free" throws in the off season.
Report Spam   Logged
fordhamram
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2009, 07:33:22 pm »

I'm ready to take over the helm as men's basketball coach- doesn't mean I will...
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2009, 07:54:42 pm »

I'm ready to take over the helm as men's basketball coach- doesn't mean I will...

Here's a 5-year contract at $500K per, an expense account, no pressure to win, and a right to curse
out your players.   Sign here_______________________
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02:11 pm »

Joel Wright had 18 points before fouling out as Jefferson lost to Hopkins from Minn. 79-65 at RHG. Hopkins is 19-0 and has four DI players. This was Jefferson's third game in four days, including last night's grueling and emotional Brooklyn semi-final win over Boys & Girls High.

In this tough year for Ram fans, it is probably fitting that our two recruits lost tonight at RHG.     
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2009, 11:22:53 pm »

The omnipresent Jared Grasso was in attendance at the Nike Super Six at RHG on Friday evening. I would think that the Rams would have already been in Cincinnati. Maybe Jared was left behind to concentrate on recruiting?
Report Spam   Logged
Chicago Ram
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2009, 08:44:07 am »

I would hope so.. no amount of last minute coaching will help
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2009, 10:11:12 am »

On 2/13 Chris Gaston had 26 points as New Hampton avenged two earlier season losses by beating Bridgton (#5 ranked Prep in the country) 79-75.

This kid is really elevating his game now. Folks, we have a big time player heading to Rose Hill next year. Watch how he makes everyone around him better- those are Bob Hurley's words.

Let's suck it up and write off this year because better times are coming.       
Report Spam   Logged
fordhamram
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2009, 12:05:53 pm »

The omnipresent Jared Grasso was in attendance at the Nike Super Six at RHG on Friday evening. I would think that the Rams would have already been in Cincinnati. Maybe Jared was left behind to concentrate on recruiting?

He had to be- somebody had to coach our players who were the halftime entertainment.
Report Spam   Logged
PhillyNY
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2009, 06:30:16 pm »

I am curious to see how many of these blue chippers decide to stick with us after this year.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2009, 06:34:41 pm »

I am curious to see how many of these blue chippers decide to stick with us after this year.

Gaston, Brown and Freeman have all signed bindng letters of intent. They will only be released if there is a coaching change and will then leave if Grasso is gone.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: