fordhamfans.com
June 27, 2017, 09:48:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Softball Posts and/or posts if your sport has a sub-forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Softball Posts and/or posts if your sport has a sub-forum  (Read 2829 times)
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:40:42 am »

I created a sub-forum for softball b/c the multitude of posts were burying any news from other sports.  I was not sure what to do about it at first, but I got a suggestion from a fellow poster and thought it made sense.

If afficionados of other sports feel their sport of interest should have it's own sub-forum also, please let me know within this thread (don't PM me about it) and I'll create it as soon as I can and assuming it makes sense.  I don't, however, want to create a new sub-forum for every sport, so don't assume the request equals automatic creation.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:58:36 am by ace93 » Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State

Social Buttons

txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:46:21 am »

I created a sub-forum for softball b/c the multitude of posts were burying any news from other sports.  I was not sure what to do about it at first, but I got a suggestion from a fellow poster and thought it made sense.

If afficionados of other sports feel their sport of interest should have it's own sub-forum also, please let me know within this thread (don't PM me about it) and I'll create it as soon as I can and assuming it makes sense.  I don't, however, what to create a new sub-forum for every sport, so don't assume the request equals automatic creation.  Thanks.
Thanks Ace.  It's sporadic but when I do the full game report, especially in place of an SID representative being at the game, I agree, it can drown out whatever else is going on.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:59:44 am »

Thanks Ace.  It's sporadic but when I do the full game report, especially in place of an SID representative being at the game, I agree, it can drown out whatever else is going on.

No problem.  I started moving some threads over, but then found the task to be a bit overwhelming since I can only do one thread at a time, so I'll do more as I can.  New threads should go in the new sub-forum though.  Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:12:35 pm »

If afficionados of other sports feel their sport of interest should have it's own sub-forum also, please let me know within this thread (don't PM me about it) and I'll create it as soon as I can and assuming it makes sense.  I don't, however, want to create a new sub-forum for every sport, so don't assume the request equals automatic creation.  Thanks.

Just a suggestion, Ace, to save you some time in creating new sports forums. Why don't you combine the ones where there are sports played by both sexes?  Have a Baseball/Softball forum, Men's & Women's Soccer, etc.  Not trying to tell you how to run the board - just trying to be helpful.   Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:19:24 pm by JCMB » Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 12:29:32 pm »

Just a suggestion, Ace, to save you some time in creating new sports forums. Why don't you combine the ones where there are sports played by both sexes?  Have a Baseball/Softball forum, Men's & Women's Soccer, etc.  Not trying to tell you how to run the board - just trying to be helpful.   Smiley

I'll do that if/when it is warranted, but I'll do it based on traffic.  Right now softball is the only one that warrants a sub-forum.  Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:53:51 pm »

I'll do that if/when it is warranted, but I'll do it based on traffic.  Right now softball is the only one that warrants a sub-forum.  Thanks.

Ace,

Considering how successful Softball has been, easily our best program over the last five years I think it is great that they have their own spot on our board

Great Idea and well deserved
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 12:08:02 pm »

Just heard that Lauren Quense has been accepted for a master's degree at Gabelli and is hoping to play a fifth year because of her injury during sophomore year.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: