fordhamfans.com
October 18, 2017, 04:18:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update (Football)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update (Football)  (Read 61856 times)
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:55:31 pm »

Going forward, let's post all recruiting news in this new thread.

From All4Recruits.com (6/30/11):

They say good things come to those who wait, and while Tyson Graham would love to believe that, he’s too busy going out and chasing his dream.  If he continues his pursuit, there’s no doubt that the 6’2″ 185-pound do-it-all football player will soon be playing D-1 football.

Graham, a member of the 2012 class has played WR/RB/S/KR/PR/OLB for the Highlands Christian Academy football team.  Calling his junior year a “huge success and big improvement from my sophomore season” the potential for an enormous senior season is there.

Graham recorded 1,210 all-purpose yards and nine touchdowns on offense and recorded 64 tackles (52 solo) and three interceptions on defense for the Knights.

Due to his outstanding improvement, Graham has heard from the likes of: Ball State, UCLA, Miami, Western Michigan, Temple, Syracuse, Fordham, Texas Southern, Middle Tennessee, and Penn State.

Click here to read the complete article.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:53:37 pm by ace93 » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:45:08 pm »

From Scout.com (6/30/11):

Stacey Bedell has offers from Army, Fordham, Stony Brook, Villanova and James Madison and while he awaits offers from a few other schools, he's getting ready to make his decision.

“I’m going to visit Army and Fordham this week who I have offers from . . .,” Stacey Bedell said.  “Then I’m going to Virginia and James Madison who are going through their final evaluation of me . . .”

As a junior, Bedell carried the ball 208 times for 1658 yards and 18 touchdowns.  He also caught 12 passes for 177 yards and two touchdowns and returned a kickoff 91 yards for another score.  On defense, he had 105 tackles, five pass deflections, two interceptions, two fumble recoveries and returned two turnovers for touchdowns.

From Twitter:

@scoutrecruiting
Scout Recruiting
Bedell Ready to Decide: Stacey Bedell has offers from Army, Fordham, Stony Brook, Villanova and James Madison an...
24 minutes ago via twitterfeed

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:39:02 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:49:26 pm »

fwiw  Wink here's some video
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 01:20:53 pm »

From the Journal News' Varsity Insider blog (7/1/11):

SLEEPY HOLLOW:  Sleepy was awfully difficult to evaluate on Wednesday.  RB/DB/KR extraordinaire L.J. Garrant tweaked his leg in the first scrimmage against Mount Vernon and didn’t play again out of precaution.  (He did not appear to be thrilled.)  QB Nick Vallo was away at a camp, leaving Sleepy with a freshman under center.  It’s always tough to gauge an offense without its top two weapons.

Then you talk to the coach.  Steve Borys seemed renewed by the spring/early summer spent with his team.  “This year, the attitude is 1,000 percent different,” Borys said.

— One of the reasons Borys was excited about where his team stands was its performance at Fordham team camp last weekend.  Sleepy scrimmaged, and with success, against Massachusetts power Central, as well as a handful of Long Island public schools.

— I asked Borys if Garrant had received an offer from Fordham, which was written on here earlier this week.  He said no offer had been extended but confirmed that the Fordham coaching staff showed interest in the playmaker, who is also an honor student.

Click here to read the complete blog entry.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:08:04 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 09:01:10 pm »

From Scout.com (6/30/11):

Stacey Bedell has offers from Army, Fordham, Stony Brook, Villanova and James Madison and while he awaits offers from a few other schools, he's getting ready to make his decision.

“I’m going to visit Army and Fordham this week who I have offers from . . .,” Stacey Bedell said.  “Then I’m going to Virginia and James Madison who are going through their final evaluation of me . . .”

As a junior, Bedell carried the ball 208 times for 1658 yards and 18 touchdowns.  He also caught 12 passes for 177 yards and two touchdowns and returned a kickoff 91 yards for another score.  On defense, he had 105 tackles, five pass deflections, two interceptions, two fumble recoveries and returned two turnovers for touchdowns.

From Twitter:

@scoutrecruiting
Scout Recruiting
Bedell Ready to Decide: Stacey Bedell has offers from Army, Fordham, Stony Brook, Villanova and James Madison an...
24 minutes ago via twitterfeed

From Twitter:

@MSGV_Jared
Jared Greenberg
Long Island speedster Stacey Bedell picks Villanova over the likes of JMU, Stony Brook, & Fordham bc of Nova's likely move to Big East
13 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:16:58 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 09:23:26 pm »

From Twitter:

@pompeysgridlock
Keith Pompey
Oakcrest DB Mark Clements chose #Villanova over offers from JMU, Bucknell, New Hampshire and Fordham.
1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone
Report Spam   Logged
Vinseiro
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »

Not surprising.  Most kids want to try the highest level they can.  The company you keep (league affiliation, schedule) matters a lot.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 10:54:45 pm »

Not surprising.  Most kids want to try the highest level they can.  The company you keep (league affiliation, schedule) matters a lot.

Villanova has five verbals already.  Their recruits are citing the Big East as their reason for committing.  Same with Temple and UCF.  In fact, Temple is telling prospects that they’ll be playing in the Big East as soon as 2012.  Here's what some of their recruits are saying:

Michael Kalaman:  "Temple will hopefully be moving back to the Big East by the time I get there in 2012."

Jameson McShea:  The program is probably going to be in the Big East and I know [Coach Steve Addazio] is gonna get the job done there."

Tavon Young:  "[Temple] is close to home and will be a part of the Big East in 2012."

Tanner Kearns:  "I got to meet their coach and like him.  I know they play in Eagle Stadium (Lincoln Financial Field) and plan on moving to the Big East soon."
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 05:14:29 pm »

From Nova Facts blog (7/7/11):

Bedell committed to Villanova . . . one day after Villanova made its offer.  He said Villanova's possible move to the FBS level was a big factor in his decision.  He was also considering Army, James Madison, Fordham and Stony Brook.

"It's a great academic school and they told me they're announcing in September that they're going [FBS]," Bedell said.  "I wanted to prove to everyone that I can play at that level."

Click here to read more.
Report Spam   Logged
BeatNavy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 08:40:42 pm »

The wonderful thing about verbal commitments is that players can "decommit" if time-based promises aren't kept.

So, if I'm Fordham's staff (or any other staff recruiting anyone "committed" to 'nova, which includes Army in the case of Bedell and perhaps others) and they haven't announced by Oct 1, then I'm on the phone at the FIRST NCAA-approved time.  "Hello, it's Coach John Doe from YouNameIt U.  Since Villanova lied to you, how would you like to talk about attending a school which will not do that?"
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 07:14:22 pm »

Tweet by Justin Rodriguez (Award-winning writer for the Times Herald-Record in Middletown, NY):

@justinrod845
Justin Rodriguez
Fordham, Army, Albany University, Maine, New Hampshire, U. Mass, Bowling Green all have inquired about Monroe-Woodbury QB Ryan Spelman
13 minutes ago via web

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 11:16:36 am »

Jordan Page will visit Fordham on Sunday (see tweet below).  Page is a 6-foot-5, 302-pound offensive tackle who recently transferred from Princeton Day School to Pennington (N.J.) Prep and also reclassified to become Class of 2013 (per Rivals.com).

@Jay_Blindside75
Jordan Page
Goin 2 visit Fordham U this Sunday with my parents.  They said I dont need to workout or anything just meet the whole staff.  its lookin good!
1 hour ago via web

Click here to view Page's profile on Rivals.com.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »

From the Journal News (8/1/11):

. . . Ossining senior quarterback Brian Connolly has accepted an offer to play at Bucknell University.

Connolly had also talked with schools such as Fordham and Monmouth, but ultimately decided on Bucknell because he felt that it offered the best fit in terms of his abilities.

Click here to read more.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 11:10:29 am »

Tweet by Chris Nee, who covers recruiting in the state of Florida for Rivals.com:

@RivalsCNee
Chris Nee
Winter Park (Fla.) LB Bobby Van Warner has added offers from #Fordham and #NewHampshire.  Still waiting on #Syracuse, his dream school.
3 minutes ago via web

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 07:37:45 am »

Tweet by Gordon McLeod (WR/CB Boston College High School):

@gordihowe9
Gordon McLeod
On my way to meet the Fordham coach #excited #football
29 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Click here to view his beRecruited.com profile.
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 09:49:35 am »

Tweet by Gordon McLeod (WR/CB Boston College High School):

@gordihowe9
Gordon McLeod
On my way to meet the Fordham coach #excited #football
29 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Click here to view his beRecruited.com profile.

Here is his highlights:
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 09:50:45 am »

Jordan Page will visit Fordham on Sunday (see tweet below).  Page is a 6-foot-5, 302-pound offensive tackle who recently transferred from Princeton Day School to Pennington (N.J.) Prep and also reclassified to become Class of 2013 (per Rivals.com).

@Jay_Blindside75
Jordan Page
Goin 2 visit Fordham U this Sunday with my parents.  They said I dont need to workout or anything just meet the whole staff.  its lookin good!
1 hour ago via web

Click here to view Page's profile on Rivals.com.

Any word on how his visit went?  This would be a big time commit if we did get him.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 09:57:50 am »

Any word on how his visit went?  This would be a big time commit if we did get him.

Agreed.
Page visits Fordham on Sunday.  Hope all goes well.
BTW, thanks for McCleod's highlights video.
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 10:20:24 am »

Agreed.
Page visits Fordham on Sunday.  Hope all goes well.
BTW, thanks for McCleod's highlights video.

Ahh....ok that visit is this Sunday.....makes sense......first practice is Sunday as well and all players will be there.  No problem on the video......
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 12:33:36 pm »

Tweet by Scott Stump (TODAY.com contributor for NBC, freelance writer, owner/editor of All Shore Media, Verizon FiOS1 Sports broadcaster):

@Scott_Stump
Scott Stump
Howell OL/DL Tim Donahue has offers from Fordham and Old Dominion and interest from CAA, NEC and Patriot League, according to Cory Davies.
19 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Click here to view Donahue's profile on Scout.com.
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 09:34:25 am »

Connaughton is a 6-3, 270-pound force from Lincoln who can play multiple positions on both the offensive and defensive lines. He has bounced from one college camp to another this summer, impressing coaches from Syracuse to the University of Pennsylvania. He holds scholarship offers from Penn, Temple, Fordham, and a host of others but will wait to make his decision until the upcoming season in case another school like UConn or Duke tries to reel him in.

Colossal pair turns heads
http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/articles/2011/08/14/erick_olson_dan_connaughton_prepare_for_final_season_at_buckingham_brown__nichols/
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 12:41:10 pm »

Connaughton is a 6-3, 270-pound force from Lincoln who can play multiple positions on both the offensive and defensive lines. He has bounced from one college camp to another this summer, impressing coaches from Syracuse to the University of Pennsylvania. He holds scholarship offers from Penn, Temple, Fordham, and a host of others but will wait to make his decision until the upcoming season in case another school like UConn or Duke tries to reel him in.

Colossal pair turns heads
http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/articles/2011/08/14/erick_olson_dan_connaughton_prepare_for_final_season_at_buckingham_brown__nichols/

He'd be a natural in the Riverdale Steak House....
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 10:50:47 am »

From the Journal News' Varsity Insider blog (7/1/11):

SLEEPY HOLLOW:  Sleepy was awfully difficult to evaluate on Wednesday.  RB/DB/KR extraordinaire L.J. Garrant tweaked his leg in the first scrimmage against Mount Vernon and didn’t play again out of precaution.  (He did not appear to be thrilled.)  QB Nick Vallo was away at a camp, leaving Sleepy with a freshman under center.  It’s always tough to gauge an offense without its top two weapons.

Then you talk to the coach.  Steve Borys seemed renewed by the spring/early summer spent with his team.  “This year, the attitude is 1,000 percent different,” Borys said.

— One of the reasons Borys was excited about where his team stands was its performance at Fordham team camp last weekend.  Sleepy scrimmaged, and with success, against Massachusetts power Central, as well as a handful of Long Island public schools.

— I asked Borys if Garrant had received an offer from Fordham, which was written on here earlier this week.  He said no offer had been extended but confirmed that the Fordham coaching staff showed interest in the playmaker, who is also an honor student.

Click here to read the complete blog entry.

Tweet by Isaac Cass (MSGVarsity.com):

@MSGV_Icass
Isaac Cass
Garrant has gotten looks from Fordham -- spoke to coach after camp -- and a bunch of NESCAC schools.
15 minutes ago via twicca

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 02:36:45 pm »

From yesterday's Courier-Post:

Brian Keller knows what it feels like to be hit. As a quarterback, it comes with the territory.

But he also knows a lot about delivering hits — coming off the edge and stopping an opponent in his tracks.

“I’m hard-nosed. I like to go right at you and not hold back,” Keller said. “I’m a guy who’s not afraid to do what he has to do to get the win.''

Entering his fourth season at the varsity level for the Triton High School football team, it’s business as usual for the senior standout. The 6-foot-3, 235-pounder will again start at quarterback and defensive end/linebacker this fall. Keller, and coach Pete Goetz for that matter, wouldn’t want it any other way.

“I love the opportunity. I’ve played both ways since midgets,” Keller said. “It’s second nature to me. It’s why I run a lot in the offseason. It takes a lot to do it but has definitely paid off.”

Said Goetz: “He has such great talent. He can be one of the better players in South Jersey. We’re really excited about him.

“He’s really committed himself to getting stronger and faster. He just looks great.”

With a handful of college offers, Keller is the Mustangs’ top college prospect. Colgate, Bucknell, Fordham and Lehigh are high on his list, while Lafayette and Holy Cross have also expressed interest. Rutgers and Temple have also shown some interest.

He carries a 4.2 GPA, owns an 1,860 SAT score and has a schedule loaded with AP classes.

So for Keller, athletic talent plus solid academic standing equals college scholarship possibilities.

“I just want to go where I have the best shot to play and win,” he said. “I’ve dreamed of playing college football since I was little
.”

Click here to read more.

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 06:32:29 am »

From The Call (8/30/11):

[Head football coach] Mike Sassi, St. Raphael Academy
“We’re very excited about this season,” said Sassi. “We made the playoffs last year and that’s our goal this year . . .  I think we can make some noise again this year.”
“We have four captains,” the coach said. “Davon Robertson is a 6-foot-4, 235-pound tight end and defensive end who is one of four finalists from Rhode Island for the U.S. Army All-Star game. Davon carries a 91 average in the classroom and is being looked at by a couple of Ivy League schools along with New Hampshire, Fordham and a few other schools.”
Robertson has fine speed for a big man. He is most remembered for outrunning Tolman’s secondary on a long touchdown catch-and-run in the D-II playoffs last November.
“Davon is quite a weapon,” Sassi said. “He has really worked hard on catching the ball. I think his confidence level has increased with all the work he has done.”

http://www.woonsocketcall.com/node/3309
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:00 pm »

From paswag.com (9/1/11):

[Joe] Cleezy: How did you prepare for the 2011 season?

[Patrick] Dill: I was invited to and attended the Elite 11 QB Camp at Ohio State University and Nike Football Training Camp at Rutgers University. I attended the following Summer Camps: Boston College, Syracuse, Akron, Bowling Green, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Fordham, Bucknell, Lafayette. I attended the Off-Season Development Camp for the Quarterback Academy.

http://www.paswag.com/home/2011/09/01/joe-cleezys-corner-patrick-dill-trinity-quarterback-12/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=joe-cleezys-corner-patrick-dill-trinity-quarterback-12

Patrick Dill, quarterback for Trinity High School in Camp Hill, PA, is Class of 2012.  Below is a link to his Scout profile.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4937635

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:03:15 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 07:52:10 pm »

From paswag.com (9/1/11):

[Joe] Cleezy: How did you prepare for the 2011 season?

[Patrick] Dill: I was invited to and attended the Elite 11 QB Camp at Ohio State University and Nike Football Training Camp at Rutgers University. I attended the following Summer Camps: Boston College, Syracuse, Akron, Bowling Green, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Fordham, Bucknell, Lafayette. I attended the Off-Season Development Camp for the Quarterback Academy.

http://www.paswag.com/home/2011/09/01/joe-cleezys-corner-patrick-dill-trinity-quarterback-12/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=joe-cleezys-corner-patrick-dill-trinity-quarterback-12

Patrick Dill, quarterback for Trinity High School in Camp Hill, PA, is Class of 2012.  Below is a link to his Scout profile.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4937635

Seems like a good kid and player.  Having full rides puts us in the running for kids like this.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 09:39:06 pm »

I just got word that we're recruiting Jabari Parham, a 6'3", 190-lb. defensive back from Franklin Township (NJ) High School.  I heard Delaware is also recruiting him.

Click here for his profile on beRecruited.com.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:54:34 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »

I just got word that we're recruiting Jabari Parham, a 6'3", 190-lb. defensive back from Franklin Township (NJ) High School.  I heard Villanova and Delaware are also recruiting him.

Click here for his profile on beRecruited.com.

The video is disabled.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 09:52:04 pm »

The video is disabled.

rambacker, go to YouTube and type in "Jabari Parham".  I tried posting a link to his junior highlights video, but the link wouldn't embed.  1standgoal?  joeb?  Can you help us out here?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:31:59 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: