fordhamfans.com
October 24, 2017, 07:20:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update (Football)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update (Football)  (Read 61887 times)
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 10:21:54 pm »

rambacker, go to YouTube and type in "Jabari Parham".  I tried posting a link to his junior highlights video, but the link wouldn't work.  1standgoal?  joeb?  Can you help us out here?

Here you go...hope this works....

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »

Thanks, man!  I'm not sure why the link wouldn't embed for me.   Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 10:31:35 pm »

Thanks, he looks solid on coverage and the run-stop.
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:37 pm »

Thanks, man!  I'm not sure why the link wouldn't embed for me.   Huh?

no problem....i have heard about this kid....might be a late offer kid D1A....would be a great pick up.  Looks like we are hitting Jersey hard.
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 10:16:02 am »

Not that it matters much to us but last night on MSG Varsity they reported that Bedell de-committed from Villanova and accepted offer from JMU
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 10:37:29 am »

Not that it matters much to us but last night on MSG Varsity they reported that Bedell de-committed from Villanova and accepted offer from JMU

Wow Jimbo, Bedell was one of Villanova's top recruiting targets.  Below is a snippet from today's Newsday.  (Sorry, I'm not a Newsday subscriber, so I can't access the rest of the piece.)

Stacey Bedell, the elusive running back for Floyd, has changed directions regarding his college choice.
Bedell, who committed to Division I-FCS Villanova in July after surprising Wildcats coaches by running the 40 in 4.48 despite a sprained ankle, de-committed over Labor Day weekend.
"My dad made the call for me," Bedell said before practice Tuesday. "They were pretty upset. But I just...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/football/floyd-s-bedell-changes-mind-on-villanova-1.3149595

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:31:55 am by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
bleedmaroon
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 11:05:27 am »

he thinks he made a decision to early....not going to Nova...JMU is going to send reps to meet with him, but at this time his recruitment is open.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 11:16:03 am »

he thinks he made a decision to early....not going to Nova...JMU is going to send reps to meet with him, but at this time his recruitment is open.

Well, I hope he reconsiders Fordham's offer, but it'll be tough to compete with JMU's facilities (see pic below).

Bridgeforth Stadium, JMU's football stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 07:21:05 am »

From today's New York Post:

Beach Channel is most people’s Bowl favorite after going 9-1 and losing in last year’s final to Truman.

The Dolphins aren’t going to be nearly as big as they were last season, either, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t be up there among the best teams in the division again.

“This is probably the fastest team that I’ve coached in all the years that I’ve coached,” [Coach Victor] Nazario said. “What we lack in size, we’re gonna make up for with speed and toughness.”

The team will be led by two-way sophomore star Diequan Underwood, Nazario’s Mr. Everything on offense and a cornerback on defense, and 6-foot-3 split end Henry Adegunle, who has interest from UConn, Syracuse and Fordham.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/football/psal_football_bowl_division_preview_mSM4QVpTxY3dtSiOeguNhK/0
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 08:32:14 am »

From today's New York Post:

Beach Channel is most people’s Bowl favorite after going 9-1 and losing in last year’s final to Truman.

The Dolphins aren’t going to be nearly as big as they were last season, either, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t be up there among the best teams in the division again.

“This is probably the fastest team that I’ve coached in all the years that I’ve coached,” [Coach Victor] Nazario said. “What we lack in size, we’re gonna make up for with speed and toughness.”

The team will be led by two-way sophomore star Diequan Underwood, Nazario’s Mr. Everything on offense and a cornerback on defense, and 6-foot-3 split end Henry Adegunle, who has interest from UConn, Syracuse and Fordham.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/football/psal_football_bowl_division_preview_mSM4QVpTxY3dtSiOeguNhK/0

RamMan.....how in the world do you catch all these articles? 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 08:34:32 am »

Clearly he must work at all these outlets. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:54 am »

That's a good one....

Here is one....http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/rick_obrien/20110908_Rick_O_Brien__Small_school_features_big_talent_in_Kaminoff.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:18:30 am by 1standgoal » Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 09:26:30 am »

Colin Markus—Masuk—RB—Sr.—Rushed for 1,535 yards and 25 TDs in 2010 for Class L champs. Offers from Central Conn. and Fordham.

Shawn Flynn—Masuk—DB—Sr.—Has received interest from Princeton and Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 10:15:30 am »

Well, I check the three major New York newspapers almost every morning by typing the key word "Fordham" in the search box on the newspaper's home page.   That's how I found today's piece in the New York Post.  I wish I could take credit for most of the rest of the stuff I post, but the truth is, a lot of it is forwarded to me via e-mail, social media, text, etc.  Any info with a link, I post here.  If there's no link but my source is a reliable one, I'll post it (e.g., Maetzold being named starter for the UConn game).  If there's no link and my source is sketchy, I won't post it (e.g., I heard we're recruiting a teammate of one of the kids mentioned in this thread, but I haven't yet posted about him because my source isn't solid enough).

LOL...   Grin

Good stuff.  I like the kids we're recruiting.  Without scholarships, we'd have a no shot in hell of landing any of them.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:13:17 am by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 10:47:22 am »

Well, I check three major New York newspapers almost every morning by typing the key word "Fordham" in the search box on the newspaper's home page.   That's how I found today's piece in the New York Post.  I wish I could take credit for most of the rest of the stuff I post, but the truth is, a lot of it is forwarded to me via e-mail, social media, text, etc.  Any info with a link, I post here.  If there's no link but my source is a reliable one, I'll post it (e.g., Maetzold being named starter for the UConn game).  If there's no link and my source is sketchy, I won't post it (e.g., I heard we're recruiting a teammate of one of the kid's mentioned in this thread, but I haven't yet posted about him because my source isn't solid enough).

LOL...   Grin

Good stuff.  I like the kids we're recruiting.  Without scholarships, we'd have a no shot in hell of landing any of them.

I see.....good stuff.  I would love to have interviews from some of this kids...sort of like a rivals or something...kids love the attention and they get the word out about Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 01:44:08 pm »

Tweet by Sean Draper, a 6'1", 180-lb. cornerback from Glenville High School in Cleveland, OH:

@SDraper_V9
SEAN DRAPER
@JasonPinkston6 Ball State Ohio State Toledo Akron Buffalo Ohio BG Kent Indiana Fordham right now thats all I'm aware of that's interested
37 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Click here for his profile on Scout.com.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:55:11 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2011, 10:59:32 am »

Fordham Commit 2012 - halfback and linebacker David Barletta 6ft 5in 205lbs

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2011/09/high_school_football_previews_union_county_team_capsules.html

http://newprovidence.patch.com/articles/pioneers-football-ready-to-defend-group-i-title

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:09:34 am by 1standgoal » Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 12:22:57 pm »

Fordham Commit 2012 - halfback and linebacker David Barletta 6ft 5in 205lbs

Kudos to the staff on our first known verbal commitment for 2012.  Perhaps ace should start a new thread titled "Tracking Our Signed/Committed Recruits," like they have on the basketball message board, and move your post there.

From the Patch piece:

. . . senior left halfback and linebacker David Barletta, a returning starter on both sides of the ball. . . has given Fordham a verbal commitment for football.

Barletta said that Fordham was a perfect fit for him and also acknowledged that Vince Lombardi played there.

“I was very excited when I talked to the coaches, it’s close to home and a great school,” Barletta said.

Barletta and fellow senior Robbie Fay served as captains at New Providence’s game-scrimmage last Friday night . . .

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:14:40 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 12:57:02 pm »

Below is a piece on Khalif Herbin.  I doubt we have a chance at landing him as Buffalo, JMU, and Delaware are high on his list.

From today's Record:

Notoriety came quite rapidly last fall when Montclair High's exciting 5-foot-7, 165-pound quarterback-slot back exploded on the scene as one of the Super Essex Conference's breakout stars, electrifying crowds and mortifying opposing coaches with his ability to escape would-be tacklers on the way to darting back and forth and ultimately forward for seemingly endless long gainers at any time and at any spot on the field.

He eclipsed 170 yards rushing in four different games and finished with 1,480 yards and 15 touchdowns rushing for 2010, plus he added 12 pass receptions which resulted in four more TDs, while also taking back two kickoffs for scores and returning a punt for yet another TD.

There were such memorable outings as in the 38-28 North 1, Group 4 playoff win over Ridgewood when he amassed 455 total yards, including 266 rushing.

. . . the still burgeoning star who runs a 4.43 in the 40-yard dash . . . is certainly not yet a finished product meaning more colleges are almost certain to become involved in pursuing him in the coming weeks and months . . .

Already he is very much on the wish list for I-AA colleges including Fordham, Wagner, James Madison University and Delaware, while I-A programs from the University of Buffalo and Akron have been expressing their strong interest as well.

Click here for the full story.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2011, 01:36:25 pm »

Kudos to the staff on our first known verbal commitment for 2012.  Perhaps ace should start a new thread titled "Tracking Our Signed/Committed Recruits," like they have on the basketball message board, and move your post there.

If some starts a thread I will sticky it and move posts if told which ones should be moved. If you notice, I did not start any of those threads on the hoops board.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2011, 07:42:38 pm »

If some starts a thread I will sticky it and move posts if told which ones should be moved. If you notice, I did not start any of those threads on the hoops board.

Okay ace, I've started the thread.  You can go ahead and make it a sticky.  Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »

According to Patch.com, Fordham has "shown interest" in former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rich Erenberg's son Andrew, who plays both running back and safety for Peters Township High School in Peters Township, PA (see below).

From Patch.com (9/9/11):

Andrew has already received Division 1 and Division 1-AA offers to play in college. Schools such as Kent State, Fordham University and Duquesne University have shown interest in him.

. . . Andrew will be touring these, and other, colleges over the next few months to gather information to help him decide which school is best for him, with his academic interests ahead of his athletic ones.

Placing education before athletics is something Andrew’s father did.  . . . Rich had entertained several significant Division 1 offers back in his day, but chose to attend Colgate . . ., which didn’t give out any athletic money at the time. He chose Colgate . . . because he was interested in the academic programs offered there.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:35:37 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2011, 02:19:34 am »

From today's Union Leader:

Minutes after the score went final Friday night at Gill Stadium, Salem head football coach Jack Gati answered my first question with a query of his own.

Asked for his thoughts on the six-touchdown game by Jerickson Fedrick — the coveted college prospect who led Salem to a 50-28 Division I win at Manchester Central — Gati said, “What do you think?”

Here's what I think: Four rushing touchdowns, including a 71-yarder on his first offensive touch, two kick-return scores in which the shortest was a 98-yarder, and 37 receiving yards qualifies as spectacular.

But it wasn't his best outing.

And that speaks volumes about the 5-foot 10-inch, 195-pound senior's talent, who gained 141 rushing yards on 19 carries.

Fedrick was most fearsome in a Week 7 game against Nashua North as a sophomore. He terrorized the Titans for 220 yards and four TDs on 15 attempts.

Gati said Boston College, Fordham, Maine and Rhode Island are among the programs taking notice.

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 07:26:42 pm »

From today's Times Union:

Albany Academy senior quarterback Hunter McCarthy endured losing the vast majority of his 2010 football season . . . after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a Week 3 game . . .

After an exhaustive rehabilitation process and a sparkling 2011 debut performance against Broadalbin-Perth Sept. 3, McCarthy once again faces the prospects of a lengthy rehab process after an MRI exam Wednesday revealed he has a torn ACL and a torn meniscus to the same . . . knee . . .

McCarthy threw for 258 yards and four touchdowns against Broadalbin-Perth in the Cadets’ 42-25 victory, but re-injured his knee during the fourth quarter.

McCarthy will talk with his doctors and at least explore rehabbing without having surgery in the hopes of returning to the field.

McCarthy has drawn interest from several colleges . . ., including two schools the senior was extremely interested in — Fordham and Holy Cross.

Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 01:51:39 pm »

From today's Times Union:

Albany Academy senior quarterback Hunter McCarthy endured losing the vast majority of his 2010 football season . . . after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a Week 3 game . . .

After an exhaustive rehabilitation process and a sparkling 2011 debut performance against Broadalbin-Perth Sept. 3, McCarthy once again faces the prospects of a lengthy rehab process after an MRI exam Wednesday revealed he has a torn ACL and a torn meniscus to the same . . . knee . . .

McCarthy threw for 258 yards and four touchdowns against Broadalbin-Perth in the Cadets’ 42-25 victory, but re-injured his knee during the fourth quarter.

McCarthy will talk with his doctors and at least explore rehabbing without having surgery in the hopes of returning to the field.

McCarthy has drawn interest from several colleges . . ., including two schools the senior was extremely interested in — Fordham and Holy Cross.

Not a physician, much less an orthopedic surgeon, but I don't think you can just rehab torn ACL's.

Too bad for this kid; sounds like he's tough as well as talented. With his history he would probably be well advised to forego football for now and get the knee fixed as best as that can be done.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2011, 12:45:47 am »

From today's News-Herald:

Mentor senior linebacker Kurt Laseak has accomplished a goal he set for himself a long time ago.

Laseak will be a Division I college football player.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Northeast Lakes District selection is headed to the Mid-American Conference, as Laseak has made a verbal commitment to play at Ohio University.

Laseak also received interest from Kent State, Buffalo, Syracuse, Northwestern and Fordham.

http://news-herald.com/articles/2011/09/14/sports/nh4502399.txt
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2011, 07:00:52 am »

Not a physician, much less an orthopedic surgeon, but I don't think you can just rehab torn ACL's.

Too bad for this kid; sounds like he's tough as well as talented. With his history he would probably be well advised to forego football for now and get the knee fixed as best as that can be done.
I agree 71.....tough break for a kid so young to make this decision...sometimes this can't be made alone.   Wish him well..
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011, 01:05:18 pm »

From BucksLocalNews.com (7/15/11):

NH-S senior tailback Julian Kaminoff, who reportedly has received scholarship offers from Division I-A Buffalo and Division I-AA Fordham, raced for touchdowns of 3, 31 and 27 yards to put the Lions on top, 22-0, in the third quarter.

Kaminoff also rushed for 127 yards and a touchdown in New Hope's season-opening win over George School on Sept. 3 in Newtown.

http://www.buckslocalnews.com/articles/2011/09/15/new_hope_gazette/sports/doc4e7215e284e22534436339.txt?viewmode=default
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2011, 05:53:33 pm »

From today's Union Leader:

Minutes after the score went final Friday night at Gill Stadium, Salem head football coach Jack Gati answered my first question with a query of his own.

Asked for his thoughts on the six-touchdown game by Jerickson Fedrick — the coveted college prospect who led Salem to a 50-28 Division I win at Manchester Central — Gati said, “What do you think?”

Here's what I think: Four rushing touchdowns, including a 71-yarder on his first offensive touch, two kick-return scores in which the shortest was a 98-yarder, and 37 receiving yards qualifies as spectacular.

But it wasn't his best outing.

And that speaks volumes about the 5-foot 10-inch, 195-pound senior's talent, who gained 141 rushing yards on 19 carries.

Fedrick was most fearsome in a Week 7 game against Nashua North as a sophomore. He terrorized the Titans for 220 yards and four TDs on 15 attempts.

Gati said Boston College, Fordham, Maine and Rhode Island are among the programs taking notice.

More on Fedrick from ESPN.com (9/15/11):

Salem High's Fedrick . . . made the heads of opposing mentors spin in Week 2, which kicked off NHIAA Division I play.

. . . Fedrick [is] widely considered the state's most coveted college prospect. The 5-foot 10-inch, 195-pound senior, a tremendous blend of speed and power, scored six touchdowns in Salem's 50-28 Sept. 9 win at Manchester Central High.

Salem head coach Jacki Gati said Fedrick is garnering interest from Boston College as well FCS programs Fordham, Maine and Rhode Island. The star's statistics against Central explain why college coaches are keeping tabs.

Fedrick, on 19 carries, ran for 141 yards and four TDs (his rushing total took a hit when he unselfishly fell on Salem's third-quarter fumble 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage). He also recorded run-oriented Salem's three receptions for 37 yards.

Yet he was best on special teams. Fedrick broke free for two first-half touchdowns – of the 98- and 99-yard variety – before halftime.

“I just want to keep moving on the field,” Fedrick told New Hampshire GameDay. “Just don't stop, basically.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/9530/new-england-roundup-new-hampshire-24

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:02:33 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2011, 09:26:19 pm »

OL recruit...
http://www.minutemannewscenter.com/articles/2011/09/14/fairfield/sports/doc4e70b70603fe3111537611.txt?viewmode=fullstory
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: