fordhamfans.com
May 23, 2017, 03:03:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Recruiting Update (Football)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Update (Football)  (Read 58876 times)
Andy
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 28, 2015, 04:50:41 pm »

Choate tweeted the commitment of their lineman, Anthony Solano, back in July. IDK his current status, but it's worth looking into.

https://www.instagram.com/asolano77/

Choate Football

Congratulation to Anthony Solano '16 on his commitment to Fordham! asolano77 @ChoateAlumni… instagram.com/p/5enwqHt0M1/
8:21am - 23 Jul 15
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:58:31 pm by Andy » Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2015, 11:17:23 am »

Good find Andy.
His HS congratulated him on the Fordham Commitment back in the spring.  I assume he's still on board.

Anthony Solano   6'5  257   OT   
Choate Rosemary HS   Wallingford CT 

https://twitter.com/asolano16

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/anthony-solano/OiH9WSQnEeS00gAmVebEWg/default.htm
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 29, 2015, 01:52:14 pm »

Along with the hiring of the new coach, I hope the commitments stay committed.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 31, 2015, 10:37:16 am »

Nolan Givan      WR TE     Michigan
Arjay Jean        DE           Florida
Jordan McGriff   OG          NJ
Jeff Ginn Jr      WR LB       Ohio
DAngelo Palladino  RB DB  Ohio
Anthony Solano     OT        CT 
Michael Ware     DT/DE      PA

As another poster mentioned,  lets hope these guys keep their Fordham commitment with the coaching change.  I think 1-2 more scholarship players will be added to the class.  Perhaps a handful of preferred walk-ons as well.   
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2015, 11:46:18 am »

agreed, TD17.  I also hope we can land a transfer or two.  It would be nice if Coach M can start a new B10 pipeline for us, particularly with some OL/DL guys. 

Report Spam   Logged
Texasram34
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 01, 2016, 07:16:57 pm »

The Patriot League has a super strict walk-on rule.  They would not be eligible for any help and would need to pay 100% of the tuition which is around 67,500 per year.  Unless Diddy or Snoops kids want to walk on its very unlikely. 
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 01, 2016, 07:58:35 pm »

The Patriot League has a super strict walk-on rule.  They would not be eligible for any help and would need to pay 100% of the tuition which is around 67,500 per year.  Unless Diddy or Snoops kids want to walk on its very unlikely. 

Was that post in response to something posted here?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 01, 2016, 08:10:47 pm »

Was that post in response to something posted here?

I think 1-2 more scholarship players will be added to the class.  Perhaps a handful of preferred walk-ons as well. 
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 01, 2016, 08:54:47 pm »

So you're saying that a walkon on academic scholarship would need to forfeit his scholarship to play football?
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I don't buy that.

That's not an attack on you btw (feel like you need to be clear about that nowadays). I just can't believe thats true.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 01, 2016, 11:37:55 pm »

NO thats not what I'm saying at all.

a "preferred walk-on" -  the athlete is assured a spot on the team, but the coach is unable or unwilling to offer a scholarship.

In simpler terms,  Coach B says  Hey - we think you're a pretty good player (you pay your own way) and a we'll assure you a spot on the roster/team. 
and depending on performance perhaps the chance to win (of being rewarded) a scholarship in years 2,3,4.  For example All American LB Hodge was a walk-on.  Same as WR Cantelli last year a starter and solid player for us was as well.   

Every College team has a # of walk-ons and/or non scholarship players each year.  Otherwise we would only have 60 players (max scholarships allowed).  We (Fordham) have closer to 90 student athletes.     

Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 02, 2016, 12:00:38 am »

Just the Patriot League or the NCAA in general?

NCAA bylaws:

15.5.1.2 Football or Basketball, Varsity Competition. In football or basketball, a student-athlete who was recruited by the awarding institution and who receives institutional financial aid granted without regard in any degree to athletics ability does not have to be counted until the student-athlete engages in varsity intercollegiate competition (as opposed to freshman, B-team, subvarsity, intramural or club competition) in those sports. For this provision to be applicable, there shall be on file in the office of the athletics director certification by the faculty athletics representative, the admissions officer and the chair of the financial aid committee that the student’s admission and financial aid were granted without regard in any degree to athletics ability.

15.5.1.2.1 Exception—Receipt of Institutional Academic Aid Only. In football or basketball, a student-athlete who was recruited by the awarding institution and whose only source of institutional financial aid is academic aid based solely on the recipient’s academic record at the certifying institution, awarded independently of athletics interests and in amounts consistent with the pattern of all such awards made by the institution, may compete without counting in the institution’s financial aid team limits, provided he or she has completed at least one academic year of full-time enrollment at the certifying institution and has achieved a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.000 (on a 4.000 scale) at the certifying institution.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Texasram34
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 02, 2016, 12:01:48 am »

Not sure about the scenario that you mentioned with the academic ride but I referred a kid to Coach Joe and he txt'd me back saying what I wrote exactly.  I actually pulled up the txt to make sure verbiage was dead on. And yes it was the preferred walk-on comment.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 02, 2016, 12:33:56 pm »

NO thats not what I'm saying at all.

a "preferred walk-on" -  the athlete is assured a spot on the team, but the coach is unable or unwilling to offer a scholarship.

In simpler terms,  Coach B says  Hey - we think you're a pretty good player (you pay your own way) and a we'll assure you a spot on the roster/team. 
and depending on performance perhaps the chance to win (of being rewarded) a scholarship in years 2,3,4.  For example All American LB Hodge was a walk-on.  Same as WR Cantelli last year a starter and solid player for us was as well.   

Every College team has a # of walk-ons and/or non scholarship players each year.  Otherwise we would only have 60 players (max scholarships allowed).  We (Fordham) have closer to 90 student athletes.     

If a scholarship opens up during the preferred walk-ons freshman year can he receive it?  Or must he wait until year two?

I know a kid who will be a freshman kicker for the Sooner next year as a preferred walk-on.  He had full rides all over but took OU because it was right in all other ways.  His dad told me OU brings in all their kickers this way to give them more flexibility on position players.
Report Spam   Logged
DFW HOYA
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 02, 2016, 01:27:11 pm »

1. The walk-on rule is nonsense, like most PL rules.

2. No school charges $67,500 in tuition.
Report Spam   Logged
Texasram34
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 02, 2016, 02:21:31 pm »

Hoya-- I am just repeating what coach Joe said.  I didn't pay a dime so I have no clue.  I can tell ya a meat calzone from Pugsli's is or was 3.50.
Report Spam   Logged
RichH
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 04, 2016, 10:20:39 pm »

WalkOns
Agree rule us overly restrictive but it has been modified to allow. 3 WOs which dont count vs the roster or schollie count. These WOs can rceive aid that is available to the general student population. Not much but its something.
Report Spam   Logged
Ramon
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 05, 2016, 09:04:15 am »

1. The walk-on rule is nonsense, like most PL rules.

2. No school charges $67,500 in tuition.

Not in tuition but in total costs:
Harvey Mudd $67,255

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-expensive-colleges-in-america-2015-8
Report Spam   Logged

“You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Ramer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 05, 2016, 10:04:38 am »

According to Fordham's website:

Tuition, Room and Board and fees:  $63,667.00

Books, Travel and Misc:  $3,790.00

Total: $67,457.00
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 05, 2016, 11:07:30 am »

According to Fordham's website:

Tuition, Room and Board and fees:  $63,667.00

Books, Travel and Misc:  $3,790.00

Total: $67,457.00

Wow, that is a lot of money, crazy in fact
Report Spam   Logged
Texasram34
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 07, 2016, 11:08:31 pm »

Take that down to DC Hoya !!! Texasram34 was balls accurate on tuition!! Booya ! Thanks Ramer and Ramon!
Report Spam   Logged
Ramer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 13, 2016, 05:46:54 pm »

Texasram34, in all fairness, DFW Hoya is correct in his statement that no college charges $67K for "tuition". Vassar, at 51.3K, may be the most for tuition and fee's. But again, he is correct that no college charges $67.5K for tuition alone. 
Report Spam   Logged
Andy
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 17, 2016, 01:27:15 pm »

McGriff flips - Dartmouth - twitter
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 17, 2016, 01:31:54 pm »

Believe our interest in AJ Long below was mentioned a couple months ago.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/17/medically-disqualified-by-cuse-aj-long-gets-ok-from-fcs-school/
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 18, 2016, 05:36:15 pm »

McGriff flips - Dartmouth - twitter

Perhaps that opens up a scholarship for someone better than this Lineman.   If he's drawn to Dartmouth he might have great grades but lack upper ranking FCS chops.   For eastern talent we continue to look more attractive with each successful season.
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2016, 11:19:22 am »

Via @CoachFogarty:

#SPEED to meet with the HC this morning. Line them up and knock them down. Future RAMS getting their horns. 👍🔥🐑💯💯

Was posted this morning.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2016, 11:22:07 am »

Nolan Givens has opened up his recruiting.

Via Twitter:

Berkley 2016 WR/SS Nolan Givan has decommitted from Fordham. At 16 offers now.
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 24, 2016, 11:50:05 am »

Via @CoachFogarty:

#SPEED to meet with the HC this morning. Line them up and knock them down. Future RAMS getting their horns. 👍🔥🐑💯💯

Was posted this morning.

Translation?
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2016, 12:14:16 pm »

HC Breiner also tweeted class 2016 +1  #Speed. #Speedkills.   I don't know if is translation is accurate but I'd guess it has to do with a recent (verbal commitment) recruit with wheels. I know we had 2 de-commits since Coach M left.  IMO it doesn't sting as much since the overall class is small (8-9).  I would think filling those slots with equally talented student athletes shouldn't be a problem.  In fact, maybe Coach B even preferred a few different players -than the verbals we had.   

I'm also curious who we added to the 2016 coaching staff with the opening provided by Coach M's departure. 
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 24, 2016, 01:52:03 pm »

Translation?

Some recruit who has speed was meeting with Breiner and/or was commiting.
Report Spam   Logged

-Tom Pecora
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 24, 2016, 02:20:44 pm »

HC Breiner also tweeted class 2016 +1  #Speed. #Speedkills.   I don't know if is translation is accurate but I'd guess it has to do with a recent (verbal commitment) recruit with wheels. I know we had 2 de-commits since Coach M left.  IMO it doesn't sting as much since the overall class is small (8-9).  I would think filling those slots with equally talented student athletes shouldn't be a problem.  In fact, maybe Coach B even preferred a few different players -than the verbals we had.   

I'm also curious who we added to the 2016 coaching staff with the opening provided by Coach M's departure. 

I heard we lost a guy to the ILg and I guess the Govan kids equals two.  I also heard that the staff got permission to add another position.  I take that to mean if nothing else changes they'll be two new faces on the coaching staff
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: