fordhamfans.com
April 23, 2017, 09:52:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Tracking Our Committed/Signed Recruits (Football)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking Our Committed/Signed Recruits (Football)  (Read 38252 times)
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:39:34 pm »

Going forward, let's post all news on our committed/signed recruits in this thread.  To start things off, I've copied and pasted 1standgoal's info on David Barletta below.

Fordham Commit 2012 - halfback and linebacker David Barletta 6ft 5in 205lbs.

From Patch.com (9/9/11):

. . . senior left halfback and linebacker David Barletta, a returning starter on both sides of the ball. . . has given Fordham a verbal commitment for football.

Barletta said that Fordham was a perfect fit for him and also acknowledged that Vince Lombardi played there.

“I was very excited when I talked to the coaches, it’s close to home and a great school,” Barletta said.

Barletta and fellow senior Robbie Fay served as captains at New Providence’s game-scrimmage last Friday night . . .

Click here for the full story.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:54:22 pm by ace93 » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:32:42 am »

From WGRZ.com (9/18/11):

Once again Orchard Park is among the top teams in Western New York. The Quakers are off to a 3-0 start.

Senior wide receiver Ben Johnson has been a big part of the Quakers success. He joined Ben Hayes and Stu Boyar Saturday night on WGRZ-TV's high school football wrap up show.

Johnson discussed the reasons for the Quakers success and how much fun it is to play in a wide open very talented offense.

Johnson heads to Fordham in the fall where he'll play wide receiver and study radiology.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/135184/262/Ben-Johnson-on-Quakers-Strong-Start

Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 08:42:08 am »

Radiology?  Can you major in that ?

Massella seems to be getting some real good talent, Im looking forward to seeing these guys as upperclassmen......
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 12:10:35 pm »

From WGRZ.com (9/18/11):

Once again Orchard Park is among the top teams in Western New York. The Quakers are off to a 3-0 start.

Senior wide receiver Ben Johnson has been a big part of the Quakers success. He joined Ben Hayes and Stu Boyar Saturday night on WGRZ-TV's high school football wrap up show.

Johnson discussed the reasons for the Quakers success and how much fun it is to play in a wide open very talented offense.

Johnson heads to Fordham in the fall where he'll play wide receiver and study radiology.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/135184/262/Ben-Johnson-on-Quakers-Strong-Start

Well-spoken kid.  Good luck with the rest of your season and as a Ram, Ben.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 05:20:36 pm »

Johnson heads to Fordham in the fall where he'll play wide receiver . . .

Below is Ben Johnson's junior highlight tape.

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 06:07:05 pm »

More on Johnson:

From MetroWNY.com (9/7/11):

Ben Johnson has verbally committed to play . . . football at Fordham . . .  Johnson is entering his senior year at Orchard Park [High School] . . .

The decision to play football in college did not come easily for Johnson. In high school, he plays both football and lacrosse. He is a top recruit in both sports at the Division 1 level. Johnson plays both wide receiver and cornerback for the Quakers, but figures he’ll play wide receiver at Fordham.

Last fall, he was selected for the Class AA South First team offense and the All-WNY team offense. Johnson has received the first team All-WNY and MVP in Section VI lacrosse, as well.

At Fordham, Johnson will receive a full scholarship, including tuition and housing. His major will be in pre-med, biology.

http://www.metrowny.com/news-entertainment/archives/170-Ben_Johnson_scheduled_to_play_football_at_Fordham_University.html

Click the following link for his ESPN profile:  http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/122659/benjamin-johnson
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:37:53 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
fordham77
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 09:58:55 am »

Radiology?  Can you major in that ?

Maybe he plans on going for his FUV degree  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:28 am »

From TheAlternativePress.com (9/24/11):

Barletta’s numbers in the running game are absolutely mind-boggling and it’s no surprise that the big, strong senior (6-5, 205) has already given a verbal commitment to play football at Fordham next season. So far through three games, Barletta has only carried the ball 29 times, yet he has amassed 341 yards rushing and four touchdowns. The means, each time Barletta carries the ball, he averages just under 12 yards per carry, an absolutely ridiculous number. He’s also averaging 113.6 yards per game, a tremendous number which is made all the more impressive considering he is carrying the ball less than 10 times per contest (9.6 carries per game) and rarely takes a snap off as he is one of, if not the best, linebacker on the team.

Click here to read more.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 10:01:16 am »

From Patch.com (10/5/11):

As the reigning Group I State Champs, the New Providence Varsity Football Team’s season is off to a stellar start with an undefeated record of 3-0.

Senior Running back/Linebacker Dave Barletta was instrumental in the first three victories this season and is one of the key players in the Pioneers’ ground game.

In the home opener on Sept. 9, Barletta carried six times for 42 yards, scoring one touchdown against Dayton.....  The Pioneers clinched a 48-13 victory over the Bulldogs.

Against Roselle the following week, Barletta led all rushers with 162 yards on 15 carries, and completed his only pass attempt for an 18-yard touchdown. The team beat Roselle, 33-24.

On Sept, 23, the Pioneers defeated Bound Brook, 47-6. Barletta carried seven times for 103 yards and scored 3 touchdowns. On one of the Bound Brook kickoff returns, Barletta made a 40-yard run and one of his touchdowns came within the minutes that followed.

Next fall, Barletta said he’s looking forward to playing football in college and has already given Fordham.....a verbal agreement.

“I got a full scholarship offer. It’s a great academic school with great connections, and it’s also close by so my mom’s happy about that,” he said. “I want to go Pre-med. I want to continue the doctor in my family. My sister is going to become the dentist, I want to take a different route.”

Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 10:05:17 am »

From Patch.com (10/5/11):

As the reigning Group I State Champs, the New Providence Varsity Football Team’s season is off to a stellar start with an undefeated record of 3-0.

RamMan - What level is Group 1 in NJ? I know Group 1 doesn't necessarily mean the top tier programs in some states. Thank in advance.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 10:14:47 am »

RamMan - What level is Group 1 in NJ? I know Group 1 doesn't necessarily mean the top tier programs in some states.

I'm pretty sure Group 1 is the top tier in New Jersey.  Click on the link below for the standings.  New Providence is listed under "North 2, Group 1."

http://www.gridironnewjersey.com/powerpoints.aspx?season=2010&section=North
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 10:39:52 am »

I'm pretty sure Group 1 is the top tier in New Jersey.  Click on the link below for the standings.  New Providence is listed under "North 2, Group 1."

http://www.gridironnewjersey.com/powerpoints.aspx?season=2010&section=North

Here are the rankings in Jersey....not sure how the groups line up.  Looks like Group 4 in south and north are the strong conferences......

http://www.gridironnewjersey.com/ShowNews.aspx?NewsItemId=233
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 10:48:03 am »

Here are the rankings in Jersey....not sure how the groups line up.  Looks like Group 4 in south and north are the strong conferences......

http://www.gridironnewjersey.com/ShowNews.aspx?NewsItemId=233
Thanks. Looks like the groupings may be based on school size and doesn't necessarily relate to strongest conference.
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 11:50:28 am »

Thanks. Looks like the groupings may be based on school size and doesn't necessarily relate to strongest conference.
true......but looks like they are related in Jersey's case.  Bigger schools are top ranked....maybe more players to pull from in student body....the smaller schools might have one or two better players...but for the most part the larger schools look stronger..
Report Spam   Logged
rams83
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 12:34:18 pm »

OT  NR  NR  Tim Donahue
(Howell HS)
Farmingdale, NJ    6-6/280  Verbal  Yes  Committed to Fordham 

http://fordham.scout.com/a.z?s=431&p=8&c=1&nid=5557595

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 12:54:58 pm »

OT  NR  NR  Tim Donahue
(Howell HS)
Farmingdale, NJ    6-6/280  Verbal  Yes  Committed to Fordham 

http://fordham.scout.com/a.z?s=431&p=8&c=1&nid=5557595

Here's Donahue's 2010 highlights video.

Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 02:17:14 pm »

That's the way they do it in NJ.  Groups designate enrollment of schools.  Group 1 is the smallest, Group 4 is the largest.  The state athletic association has recently reclassified almost all of the schools with individual conferences being comprised almost totally of schools with similar enrollments.
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:26 pm »

Here's Donahue's 2010 highlights video.

This looks like a good pick up....we need lineman....
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 11:32:16 am »

Tim Donahue will be featured on MSG Varsity at 7pm tonight (see tweet below by Jared Greenberg, co-host of MSG Varsity's High School SportsDesk).

@MSGV_Jared
Jared Greenberg
Howell (NJ) OL Tim Donahue 6'6" 315 has verbally committed to #Fordham. Details tonight at 7 on @msg_varsity #msgvrecruit
5 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 08:41:42 am »

Andrew Erenberg, son of former Pittsburgh Steelers running back and Colgate alum Rich Erenberg, has given a verbal commitment to play at Fordham (see article below).

From today's Observer-Reporter:

As a freshman, Andrew Erenberg was good enough to start in the backfield for Pittsburgh Central Catholic High School's football team.

As a senior, the hard-nosed and talented Erenberg will try to lead Peters Township to an improbable upset over his old team in the first round of the WPIAL Class AAAA playoffs.

Erenberg, who committed to Division I-AA Fordham University in October, is looking forward to seeing some familiar faces Friday night.....

The defensive efforts of Pittsburgh Central Catholic.....will focus on the 5-10, 220-pound Erenberg, who holds nearly every rushing record at Peters Township.....

Erenberg ranks eighth in the WPIAL with 1,299 rushing yards and fourth with 205 carries. His 18 touchdowns (17 rushing) are Peters Township single-season records and he needs 89 yards rushing to break the single-season record in that category.

All those touches have come while playing the majority of defensive snaps at safety.

"He can return punts, kickoffs. He can even punt for us, but we try to save him a little bit for other things," [Peters Township coach Rich] Piccinini said. "He probably has the best hands on the team, too."

Erenberg, the son of former Steelers running back Rich Erenberg, already holds Peters Township career records in rushing yards (3,125), touchdowns (45) and scoring (272 points).

This year, he's accounted for 53.8 percent of Peters Township's 2,542 total yards and 49.1 percent of the Indians' 220 points scored.

Opponents know what's coming, but finding a way to stop the shifty, speedy and powerful Erenberg is rarely successful.

Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 09:45:15 am »

Thought I would post Erenburg's highlights.  One thing that caught my attention is that he runs primarily out of the traditional I formation as a tailback...wondering if the conversion to a zone read style will take time....that is if he is going to play tailback at Fordham...I see he also plays safety..
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 02:56:36 pm »

2012 Football Recruiting Commit List

Dave Barletta
New Providence High School, New Providence, NJ
6'5", 205 lbs.
Halfback/Linebacker

Tim Donahue
Howell High School, Farmingdale, NJ
6'6", 315 lbs.
Offensive Tackle

Andrew Erenberg
Peters Township High School, Peters Township, PA
5'10", 220 lbs.
Running Back/Safety

Ben Johnson
Orchard Park High School, Orchard Park, NY
6'1", 177 lbs.
Wide Receiver/Cornerback
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 03:18:35 pm »

Dave Barletta
6'5", 205 lbs.
Halfback/Linebacker

Tim Donahue
6'6", 315 lbs.
Offensive Tackle

Andrew Erenberg
5'10", 220 lbs.
Running Back/Safety

Ben Johnson
6'1", 177 lbs.
Wide Receiver/Cornerback

we gotta be looking at lineman on both sides of the ball this year.....maybe a running back...corners..what other positions you think we need most?
Report Spam   Logged
spider4ram
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 02:20:03 pm »

I attend 2-3 games a year with a former Ram Captian. I have adopted Fordham as my team to root for and I would like to see them develp a relationship with the top teams in North Jersey(Bosco,Bergen Catholic, St Joe's and St Peters to name a few). I'm sure if the coaching staff made an effort they could get more than a punter from this group..
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »

.....I would like to see them develop a relationship with the top teams in North Jersey(Bosco,Bergen Catholic, St Joe's and St Peters to name a few). I'm sure if the coaching staff made an effort they could get more than a punter from this group..

Our punter, Patrick Murray, wasn't "recruited" by Coach Masella.  He had committed to play for Delaware, but after two weeks of summer training camp, he left the team after realizing the school wasn't for him.  His mom, who's a Fordham alumna, suggested he visit Rose Hill, which they did.  He loved the campus and had made up his mind that Fordham is where he wanted to go to school.  While on campus, they noticed that the football team was practicing, so, at his mom's suggestion, he introduced himself to the coaches.  He spoke to Coaches Masella and Moore, who told him to send them his highlight tape.  As they were driving home to New Jersey, Coach Moore called to tell him to forget sending the tape and just show up at practice the next day.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:23:25 pm by ramMan » Report Spam   Logged
fordham77
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 11:27:17 pm »

So once again a good one dropped in his lap.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 08:52:42 am »

Ben Johnson
6'1", 177 lbs.
Wide Receiver/Cornerback

Johnson's team, No. 2 Orchard Park High School (10-0), will play No. 4 Rush-Henrietta (9-1) in the Class AA Section V (Rochester) vs. Section VI (Buffalo) State Quarterfinals.

From today's Democrat and Chronicle:

The Orchard Park Quakers have talked about the state title since the regular season. They have been the Buffalo News' top-ranked large schools team since September. The Quakers move the ball different ways with senior running back Okoya Anderson (6-feet-1, 205 pounds) and receiver Ben Johnson, a Fordham recruit.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20111111/SPORTS08/111110332/Football-State-quarterfinals-Rush-Henrietta-Orchard-Park-Hornell-Letchworth?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 09:58:50 am »

Our punter, Patrick Murray, wasn't "recruited" by Coach Masella.  He had committed to play for Delaware, but after two weeks of summer training camp, he left the team after realizing the school wasn't for him.  His mom, who's a Fordham alumna, suggested he visit Rose Hill, which they did.  He loved the campus and had made up his mind that Fordham is where he wanted to go to school.  While on campus, they noticed that the football team was practicing, so, at his mom's suggestion, he introduced himself to the coaches.  He spoke to Coaches Masella and Moore, who told him to send them his highlight tape.  As they were driving home to New Jersey, Coach Moore called to tell him to forget sending the tape and just show up at practice the next day.

Sounds like the staff had never heard of him. Not a good story at all.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 03:21:22 pm »

Sounds like the staff had never heard of him. Not a good story at all.

Agreed.  The fact that the coaches asked Murray to send them his highlight tape, says he was never on their radar.  How can that be?  Don Bosco is only 24 miles from Rose Hill.   Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 02:15:38 pm »

Dave Barletta
6'5", 205 lbs.
Halfback/Linebacker

Tim Donahue
6'6", 315 lbs.
Offensive Tackle

Andrew Erenberg
5'10", 220 lbs.
Running Back/Safety

Ben Johnson
6'1", 177 lbs.
Wide Receiver/Cornerback

Heard we already have six commitments.  1standgoal, we have our work cut out for us in trying to determine who are the other two recruits.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: