fordhamfans.com
October 24, 2017, 07:20:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Tracking Our Committed/Signed Recruits (Football)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking Our Committed/Signed Recruits (Football)  (Read 38820 times)
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 02:42:05 pm »

Heard we already have six commitments.  1standgoal, we have our work cut out for us in trying to determine who are the other two recruits.   Wink

So it sounds like Masella's firing has not affected the plans of our committed recruits that we already knew about.
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 11:16:19 am »

Heard we already have six commitments.  1standgoal, we have our work cut out for us in trying to determine who are the other two recruits.   Wink

ramMan...that is funny....I am looking...have not heard anything lately...
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 09:06:04 am »

From today's Buffalo News:

The 2011 collection of All-WNY talent is one of the best ever, especially on an offense filled with Division I recruits, state champions, head-shaking statistics and nightmares for defensive coordinators.

Ladies and gentlemen, we now introduce you to the most powerful offense in the history of the All-Western New York football team.

That's a major claim, but these players have major game.

....Fordham-bound Ben Johnson, he of the 6-foot-2, 200-pound frame, the uncannily keen adjustments to the ball, the 11 touchdowns and numerous big plays, particularly in the postseason.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/high-schools/article657903.ece
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 02:12:54 pm »

So it sounds like Masella's firing has not affected the plans of our committed recruits that we already knew about.

You make it sound like that's a good thing.  I hope whoever is hired takes a long look at whoever Masella has been recruiting.  There is a reason we were 1-10.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 01:24:57 am »

ramMan...that is funny....I am looking...have not heard anything lately...

1standgoal, I'm told a former soldier from Texas will be enrolling in Fordham in January.  He may be one of the two "unknown" committed recruits.  Right now, he's working hard to get in shape and will be joining the team next semester.  I know his name but I'm reluctant to post it because I can't find anything on his commitment on the net.  If you want, I can PM it to you.

I've also heard that the above recruit let Coach Masella know about several high school prospects from Texas who'd love to play for Fordham (Skelton factor?), but Masella never followed up on them, which leads me to believe he knew long ago that he'd be relieved of his duties as coach.
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 07:51:13 am »

1standgoal, I'm told a former soldier from Texas will be enrolling in Fordham in January.  He may be one of the two "unknown" committed recruits.  Right now, he's working hard to get in shape and will be joining the team next semester.  I know his name but I'm reluctant to post it because I can't find anything on his commitment on the net.  If you want, I can PM it to you.

I've also heard that the above recruit let Coach Masella know about several high school prospects from Texas who'd love to play for Fordham (Skelton factor?), but Masella never followed up on them, which leads me to believe he knew long ago that he'd be relieved of his duties as coach.

Sure do that... If Masella did that you are right he probably wanted to keep those kids close to recruit them at his next stop. Another former soldier.. interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
sts1200
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2011, 08:28:43 pm »

Up date on Committed recruit Ben Johnson from Orchard Park, NY.
Awards this season:  Section VI Championship game MVP
                             Broke all time Section VI Championship Game receiving record
                             Team MVP
                             All Western New York First Team WR
                             All Western New York offense MVP
                             Orchard Park HS Football receiving record
                             New York State AA Football Championship MVP
                             James Lofton Award (Top WR)
                             Connolly Cup Finalist

Check out his 2011 high light video on you tube: 

If this is the quality recruit comming to Fordham your football program will have it's Championship.  He has a huge following from NYS.

This player is 6'3" 200lbs run's like the wind and is a ball hawk.  Buffalo News All Western New York
I will keep you updated as he will more than likely receive awards in Lacrosse this Spring as he is a D1 Lacrosse recruit as well.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 08:43:33 pm »

love the highlights sts.  welcome aboard!
Report Spam   Logged
sts1200
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 08:44:43 pm »

WGRZ Interview with Ben Johnson

The comments in regard to "major in Radiology".  The interview question was "what do you plan to major in at Fordahm?".  Answer from Johnson was: "I will major in Biology" working toward a career as a Radiologist.

Report Spam   Logged
sts1200
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 08:55:12 pm »

Thanks PA RAM,

This kid is lights out.  I will try to keep you updated.  Oh,  sorry about spelling Fordham wrong in the last post. 
Report Spam   Logged
T1L
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 09:09:46 pm »

The interview question was "what do you plan to major in at Fordahm?".
Oh,  sorry about spelling Fordham wrong in the last post

That's ok, our former interim basketball coach used to spell it that way too.  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2011, 07:33:15 am »

Sure do that... If Masella did that you are right he probably wanted to keep those kids close to recruit them at his next stop. Another former soldier.. interesting.
Or maybe he saw film on them and decided they couldn't play on this level.  Just because a kid is recommended, even from Texas, doesn't mean he's a scholarship level player   
Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2011, 09:03:44 am »

Or maybe he saw film on them and decided they couldn't play on this level.  Just because a kid is recommended, even from Texas, doesn't mean he's a scholarship level player   
True..
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2011, 09:53:19 am »

Ben Johnson looks like a heck of a receiver.  Those western NY kids are tough players. Any idea who else was recruiting him?
Report Spam   Logged
sts1200
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2012, 10:03:06 am »

Ben Johnson has been recruited so far by:  Duke, Penn State, Syracuse, Buffalo, Colgate, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, IU and the Ivey's.  Talking to his coach he wants to go to college in NYC and Fordham fits the profile for him.  I'm taking a guess that Penn State is no longer a consideration... Evil    My understanding is that UConn visited him at his high school, interesting.  Johnson seems to be one of those rare football players that cares about his education!
Report Spam   Logged
sts1200
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2012, 10:11:06 am »

Getting to know more about Fordham Football can anyone tell me why Fordham does not promote the fact that Vince Lombardi played football at Fordham.  I would think that this would help with a stronger recruiting class.  It's a big deal to young football players and not many away from Fordham are aware of this fact.  Class of 1937?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2012, 10:18:44 am »

Ben Johnson has been recruited so far by:  Duke, Penn State, Syracuse, Buffalo, Colgate, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, IU and the Ivey's.  Talking to his coach he wants to go to college in NYC and Fordham fits the profile for him.  I'm taking a guess that Penn State is no longer a consideration... Evil    My understanding is that UConn visited him at his high school, interesting.  Johnson seems to be one of those rare football players that cares about his education!

Did he not already commit to Fordham?
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 10:20:15 am »

Did he not already commit to Fordham?
Supposedly yes....but it is a verbal only......schools probably still on him...might get a late D1 A offer
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 07:05:49 pm »

Getting to know more about Fordham Football can anyone tell me why Fordham does not promote the fact that Vince Lombardi played football at Fordham.  I would think that this would help with a stronger recruiting class.  It's a big deal to young football players and not many away from Fordham are aware of this fact.  Class of 1937?

I think we do promote him, almost too much.
Report Spam   Logged
T1L
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 08:18:29 pm »

I think we do promote him, almost too much.

Agreed
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 09:14:30 pm »

Update on David Barletta from New Providence, NJ. He was named 1st team all county by star ledger. He is also starting at the basketball team and scored 16 points the other night. Had big year on both sides of the ball. very versatile kid.
" Dave Barletta, New Providence, 6-5, 205, Senior
Linebacker registered 121 tackles and was a punishing force in the middle of the team's defense. Also carried 132 times for 1,551 yards (11.8 yards per carry) and 20 TDs."
http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2011/12/football_union_county_season_in_review_2011.html
Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 09:28:07 pm »

Andrew Erenberg made AAAA all-state Penn. "Erenberg will play for Fordham, a member of the Football Championship Subdivision, and was recruited as a running back.
"He's one of the best players I've coached in 21 years. He meant the world to us," Piccinini said. "The coaches knew and the players knew that he was our go-to guy."
Erenberg made the Class AAAA team as a defenseive back. He made several plays at safety during his senior season but left his mark on offense. He rushed for 1,343 yards and scored 18 touchdowns.
"We lined him up in the Wildcat. We ran trick plays for him. He threw the ball, ran the ball and caught the ball," Piccinini said. "He made the whole show go."
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 07:55:35 pm »

Well, so much for being blackballed in Jersey...

The Jersey Journal sent the following tweet just moments ago:

@JJournalSports JerseyJournalSports
St. Peter's Prep RB Jared Crayton commits to Fordham #njfootball
2 minutes ago via LG Phone

Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 08:06:22 pm »

Well, so much for being blackballed in Jersey...

The Jersey Journal sent the following tweet just moments ago:

@JJournalSports JerseyJournalSports
St. Peter's Prep RB Jared Crayton commits to Fordham #njfootball
2 minutes ago via LG Phone

I wonder which coach was responsible for his recruitment......
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2012, 08:47:57 pm »

I wonder which coach was responsible for his recruitment......

Coach Rodriguez?

From Rivals (1/11/12):

Fresh off four seasons of high school football at New Jersey's Jesuit high school, Jared Crayton will head across the George Washington Bridge to continue his gridiron career at another Jesuit institution.

Crayton, who was St. Peter's Prep's top rusher this fall, has committed to Fordham University, choosing the Rams over UMass, Towson, Delaware State and Wagner.

"It's a great school and a great opportunity for me," Crayton said. "It's a good fit: out of state but not too far from home but I think I can get playing time early."

Crayton revealed that it took a conversation with his head coach, Rich Hansen, to ultimately sway him in Fordham's direction.

"Coach Hansen spoke to me about it, telling me how I was No.1 on their board," he said. "There were other schools that had me No.1 also, but what made me commit was how great of an opportunity I'd have (at Fordham). Now I have to make the most of it."

After running for 13 scores and catching three others this fall, Crayton piqued the interest of the Rams' coaching staff with his improved athleticism.

"The coaches are really excited I'm going there. They are impressed with my increase in speed from junior to senior year," Crayton said. "They think I read the holes pretty well. Coach Rodriguez, the offensive line coach, he likes what I do and says it works well with their offense."

Click here to read more.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2012, 08:52:25 pm »

Nice!!! Welcome aboard Jared!

http://blog.nj.com/hudsonhssports/2012/01/jersey_citys_jared_crayton_of.html

Jersey City's Jared Crayton of St. Peter's Prep commits to Fordham University

Jared Crayton of St. Peter's Prep, left, goes head-to-head with Union City's Steve Le during a game this season.
St. Peter's Prep football coach Rich Hansen has announced that senior running back Jared Crayton has committed to Fordham University, where he will play football next year on a scholarship.

Crayton, a bruising 5-foot-10, 190-pound runner from Jersey City, gained 986 yards on the ground and scored a total of 16 touchdowns for the Marauders (7-4) this season.

Hansen said that Crayton had scholarship offers from Ohio University, Maine, Northern Michigan and Delaware State but settled on Fordham for its proximity to home and newly-hired head coach Joe Moorhead.

"The thing that separates him is that he's a legitimate tough kid," Hansen said of Crayton, who backed up former Prep running back Savon Huggins for two years. "I think that's an attribute that you have to have to play college football. You have to know how to play hurt, how to paly under duress.

Fordham, which competes in the Patriot League of the Football Championship Subdivision (D1-AA), went 1-10 last season.

Jared Crayton of St. Peter's Prep, left, goes head-to-head with Union City's Steve Le during a game this season.
St. Peter's Prep football coach Rich Hansen has announced that senior running back Jared Crayton has committed to Fordham University, where he will play football next year on a scholarship.

Crayton, a bruising 5-foot-10, 190-pound runner from Jersey City, gained 986 yards on the ground and scored a total of 16 touchdowns for the Marauders (7-4) this season.

Hansen said that Crayton had scholarship offers from Ohio University, Maine, Northern Michigan and Delaware State but settled on Fordham for its proximity to home and newly-hired head coach Joe Moorhead.

"The thing that separates him is that he's a legitimate tough kid," Hansen said of Crayton, who backed up former Prep running back Savon Huggins for two years. "I think that's an attribute that you have to have to play college football. You have to know how to play hurt, how to paly under duress.

Fordham, which competes in the Patriot League of the Football Championship Subdivision (D1-AA), went 1-10 last season.

Bolded part mine
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
1standgoal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2012, 09:05:41 pm »

Coach Rodriguez?

From Rivals (1/11/12):

Fresh off four seasons of high school football at New Jersey's Jesuit high school, Jared Crayton will head across the George Washington Bridge to continue his gridiron career at another Jesuit institution.

Crayton, who was St. Peter's Prep's top rusher this fall, has committed to Fordham University, choosing the Rams over UMass, Towson, Delaware State and Wagner.

"It's a great school and a great opportunity for me," Crayton said. "It's a good fit: out of state but not too far from home but I think I can get playing time early."

Crayton revealed that it took a conversation with his head coach, Rich Hansen, to ultimately sway him in Fordham's direction.

"Coach Hansen spoke to me about it, telling me how I was No.1 on their board," he said. "There were other schools that had me No.1 also, but what made me commit was how great of an opportunity I'd have (at Fordham). Now I have to make the most of it."

After running for 13 scores and catching three others this fall, Crayton piqued the interest of the Rams' coaching staff with his improved athleticism.

"The coaches are really excited I'm going there. They are impressed with my increase in speed from junior to senior year," Crayton said. "They think I read the holes pretty well. Coach Rodriguez, the offensive line coach, he likes what I do and says it works well with their offense."

Click here to read more.

The rivals article says he had offers from UMass, Towson, Delaware State and Wagner....the nj.com article says he had offers from...Ohio University, Maine, Northern Michigan and Delaware State.  That is interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2012, 09:11:26 pm »

Just got a tweet from the Star-Ledger.  They're working on a story on Crayton's verbal.  "Story coming soon" is what they're saying...
Report Spam   Logged
ramMan
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2012, 09:30:46 pm »

Just got a tweet from the Star-Ledger.  They're working on a story on Crayton's verbal.  "Story coming soon" is what they're saying...

Here it is...

From the Star-Ledger (9:23pm tonight):

Running back Jared Crayton of St. Peter’s Prep verbally committed to Fordham University on Wednesday, said his coach, Rich Hansen.

Crayton (6-0, 195 pounds) rushed for 1,012 yards and scored 20 touchdowns last season, when he was named First Team All-Hudson County by The Star-Ledger and was voted Hudson County Offensive Player of the Year by the Hudson County Coaches Association.

Crayton also received offers from Maine, Delaware State, Ohio and Northern Michigan and was invited to Rutgers with a chance to earn a scholarship with a late enrollment. He cannot sign a letter of intent until Feb. 1.

“I think Fordham is getting, No. 1, an extremely tough kid physically and mentally,” Hansen said. “He runs hard and is explosive. Most importantly, he is a tremendous competitor.”

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2012/01/jared_crayton_of_st_peters_prep_commits_to_fordham.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: