fordhamfans.com
October 31, 2014, 08:36:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Lamount Samuel to transfer

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lamount Samuel to transfer  (Read 3889 times)
02grad
Freshman

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:28:16 pm »

As per Jeff Goodman.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18112225/transfer-list-first-edition
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:35:06 pm »

The name that jumps off the page is Carson Desrosiers, 7' soph PF at Wake Forest.  We tried to get involved with him when he was being recruited - he would look good in a Ram uniform.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:28:25 pm »

Nice find 02.......
Report Spam   Logged
Rose Hill Ram 09
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:33:49 pm »

can't say im very surprised.  thought, i feel like there are other people using a scholarship who i would rather see transfer ahead of lamount.  i wish him the best!
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:00:21 pm »

can't say im very surprised.  thought, i feel like there are other people using a scholarship who i would rather see transfer ahead of lamount.  i wish him the best!

+1.  Wish him well.  I would have been surprised if he didn't leave.  While he had his ups and downs, we would not have won the game against URI or Lasalle without him.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »

We need some good news soon.

Any chance of us getting a power forward from UCLA with one more year left who can play immediately?
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 07:33:14 pm »

Wish him well. Glad hes transferring. Was not A-10 talent. Hope we can use this ship wisely.
Report Spam   Logged
CTRam12
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 07:35:29 pm »

UCLA? I didn't we'd want anybody from the University at the Corner of Lexington Avenue.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 07:46:33 pm »

Good luck Lamount......... 
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 07:49:07 pm »

+1.  Wish him well.  I would have been surprised if he didn't leave.  While he had his ups and downs, we would not have won the game against URI or Lasalle without him.

LS gave us some good moments like in the UMass win last season. Wish him well.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 08:02:02 pm »

LS gave us some good moments like in the UMass win last season. Wish him well.

Very true, he stepped it up in 3 of our four A-10 wins that he played in.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 08:04:03 pm »

Not surprising, but not entirely welcome. I think Lamount had the ability to play at the A-10 level, but as a role player. He energized in some games moving East-West on the court and taking the contest to the opponents. I think he could be a major contributor at an NEC or America East school, for example. Good luck to him.

We had a logjam of young guards, and with Short returning from injury and Mandell Thomas coming in, Lamount stood to be the odd man out. This transfer is a positive, however, ONLY if Pecora uses the ship to get someone with demonstrably superior talent.

Coach?
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:38 pm »

He had some moments, especially URI.  Nice complementary player on a decent team, I'd think.  All the best to him.  It opens up another ride, though.  Not a bad thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 09:24:14 pm »

I hope he does well where ever he goes.  I think he had the athleticism to contribute on this team and in several games last year he was our best PG.  In the end, he was only playing when pressed into action because of foul trouble so as a team, we are not losing a lot of production.  We still have a problem at PG, Fatty did not progress during the year and having Frazier play the point takes him away from his natural position, 2 guard.  Fatty needs to improve over the summer and Pecora needs to figure out who is going to back him up.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the spring signing period. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 09:27:56 pm »

how come there is no article on this transaction? typical bs
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »

Best of Luck Lamont!
Report Spam   Logged

#ProudToBeARam
Rose Hill Ram 09
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 10:50:16 pm »

i guess this explains where the 4th ship is coming from. many had wondered when pecora said he was bringing in 4 guys
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 10:50:36 pm »

how come there is no article on this transaction? typical bs

The AD found out when they opened this blog this morning
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 11:58:05 pm »

The AD found out when they opened this blog this morning

AD was told at Winged Foot. He interrupted his lunch to take the call.
Report Spam   Logged

#ProudToBeARam
Bronx Boy
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 12:36:51 am »

The AD found out when he opened this blog this morning
LOL, '81 !
Report Spam   Logged

Sports blogs often confuse stupidity with edginess.  Just because I can call someone a name, doesnít mean Iím insightful, or tough and edgy.  It just means Iím a jerk.  Itís a high tech place for what idiots used to do on bar stools, in school yards, and on gas station bathroom walls.
 - Bob Costas
Bronx Boy
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 12:55:51 am »

I think he could be a major contributor at an NEC or America East type school.
Another Mike Moore ?

Here are Samuell's stats:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51250/lamount-samuell

Not much PT this season, so seeking a transfer is understandable.

Good Luck, Lamount.
Report Spam   Logged

Sports blogs often confuse stupidity with edginess.  Just because I can call someone a name, doesnít mean Iím insightful, or tough and edgy.  It just means Iím a jerk.  Itís a high tech place for what idiots used to do on bar stools, in school yards, and on gas station bathroom walls.
 - Bob Costas
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 08:56:37 am »

Wow, I didn't realize his minutes per game had diminished so much!
Report Spam   Logged
El Jefe
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 09:54:40 am »

Wow, I didn't realize his minutes per game had diminished so much!

As a freshman, Lamount joined the Rams in January and played in 14 games, starting 6.  In 2011-12, he played in 26 games, but none as a starter.  As a starter, he was the third guard behind Butler and Frazier, with Estwick coming off the bench.  Once Smith and McMillan arrived, he was pushed down the rotation and his minutes decreased.  With Short returning next year and another guard arriving, the handwriting was on the wall.  If he wants to play, he has few options (improve his play or transfer).  I am not knocking Lamount as a person or a player, just pointing out the obvious.  Good luck to him wherever he winds up.
Report Spam   Logged
B2Bomber
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 10:16:01 am »

Too many guards and not enough forwards..... Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:34 am »

Too many SGs not enough good PGs.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 11:53:51 am »

Too many guards and not enough forwards..... Evil

With the right guards at all 3 spots last season, we would have been a much better team.  We were fine at the big men position last season.  Better guards would have made a world of difference last season.  That was last season though.  Despite the question mark at the center position, it is still better guards that will make the big difference next season.  Whether those are new guards or improved guards, time will tell.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 12:08:34 pm »

Agreed. I think our problems on defense were not due to the big guys but rather due to the guards getting smoked off the dribble. Estwick in particular.  We seemed to be able to hold our own down low on D but the guard penetration and fighting through screens to get to the 3 point shooter killed us. Bristol bailed us out quite a bit with blocked shots.

If we have to continue to recruit over the guards to find the right ones to make this system work, then we have to do it. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:15:44 pm by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 12:19:47 pm »

The empty minutes we got from Estwick really hurt us last year.  He averaged 20 mintues a game, 3 points, 2 rebounds and .4 assists per game.  The averages would be far worse if you take out the URI (scored 18 points) and Duquesne (scored 11 points got 7 rebounds) games.  If we can get some production out of those minutes this year it will make a world of difference.  This is not to say the that Fatty and Smith were great but their minutes were a lot more productive than Estwick's. 

85 and ACE have it right, if we are going to make any progress next year our guard play must improve dramatically.  There are 20 empty minutes out there for next year, lets hope Short and Thomas fill up the stat sheet when they get them. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Fordham Road
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 12:42:07 pm »

I do not want to see Frazier running the point AT ALL next season. I hope we sign a nice back up PG, so that Frazier,Smith, Short, and Thomas can play the 2/3, while Mcmillan and X can handle the point competentely. This was a problem last season. Mcmillan was not seasoned enough to handle A-10 opponents and Frazier was overworked.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 12:48:07 pm »

I dont think Fatty is penciled in as the PG of the future. I think we are looking for a starter not a back-up at that spot.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: