fordhamfans.com
June 25, 2017, 08:01:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Tailgating Regulations issued

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tailgating Regulations issued  (Read 3454 times)
Ramon
Junior

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:35:43 am »

Don't say you weren't told

Parking and Tailgating Policy-Fordham University Football Games
Fordham University promotes responsible tailgating as a part of the overall football game day experience.  Whether you are a part of the Fordham Athletic Family or a fan of the opposition, we hope to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience during your visit to our campus.

Parking Regulations
Parking is designated to one of two locations on the Rose Hill Campus in either our 4 level parking garage or our outdoor Parking Lot A.
Parking is permitted only in designated spaces.
The cost to park your vehicle on campus on the day of a home football game is $10 payable upon entrance to the campus. Season ticket holders are able to purchase a discounted Parking Pass that covers parking on a first come first serve basis for home football games.
Parking spaces are available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved.
Tailgating Regulations- Parking Lot A
Tailgating is permitted in Lot A prior to each home football game with the exception of Homecoming.  On Homecoming, fans are directed to the pre-game tent reception located on Edward’s Parade across from Jack Coffey Field.
No tailgating is permitted in the Parking Garage.
Parking Lot A will open three (3) hours prior to kickoff and will be cleared of tailgating activities at kickoff.  Tailgating activities are permitted for one (1) hour after the completion of the game
The legal age for possession of alcoholic beverages and consumption of alcohol is 21 years of age and is strictly enforced.
Kegs and other large quantities of alcohol will not be permitted in the tailgate area.
Alcohol is not permitted outside of the established tailgate area.
You are entitled to one (1) parking space.  Please do not set up tables, chairs, tents and/or coolers on adjacent spaces as parking spots are limited.
Please be sure to clean up your tailgate area and respect the coaches, administrators, safety and security staff, event staff, and fans around you.
Parking Lot A area is monitored by Fordham Campus Safety and Security to ensure that fans and spectators are abiding by the regulations the University has set for tailgating.
Fordham Safety and Security reserves the right to inspect all bags and prevent any alcoholic beverages from entering the Stadium.  Additionally, if anyone becomes disruptive, or is intoxicated they may be required to leave the game and the campus.
We thank you for your cooperation, and please enjoy your game day experience here at Fordham University.

http://www.fordhamsports.com/sports/2014/3/31/FB_0331143336.aspx?tab=parkingtailgatingpolicy
Report Spam   Logged

“You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Social Buttons

JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:46:39 am »

Parking and Tailgating Policy-Fordham University Football Games
Fordham University promotes responsible tailgating as a part of the overall football game day experience.  Whether you are a part of the Fordham Athletic Family or a fan of the
The cost to park your vehicle on campus on the day of a home football game is $10 payable upon entrance to the campus. Season ticket holders are able to purchase a discounted Parking Pass that covers parking on a first come first serve basis for home football games.
 http://www.fordhamsports.com/sports/2014/3/31/FB_0331143336.aspx?tab=parkingtailgatingpolicy

Hmmm.  Did someone take my suggestion and make the parking fee a more sensible dollar amount (like $10 or $15) instead of the ridiculous $11 that impeded traffic flow because of the making change problem?
Report Spam   Logged
jimbo65
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 08:31:08 am »

Last year there was confusion and the usual SNAFU as to what were the tailgating rules.  I spoke to AD Roach who agreed that something needed to be done.  While, he does not set the rules, something was done and he deserves reconition.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 09:03:54 am »

In typical Fordham fashion, they really manage to screw this up again!

Oh wait.. sorry.. force of habit  Evil

The rules are fair and i'm very excited they stated officially that tailgating will kick off three hours prior. I also do not mind that security will start encouraging people to leave just before kickoff.

The key for long term tailgating success is mutual respect between security and tailgaters. We need to follow the rules, and security needs to recognize that it is a party atmosphere. looking forward to game 1!
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:10:53 am »

A sign of professional management from someone? Glad Fordham is finally into the 20th Century. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:21:00 am »

Very positive step, now the security has to be made aware of the policy and be told to follow it, no more making up regulations on the fly as was reported by some posters last season
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:22:56 am »

Very positive step, now the security has to be made aware of the policy and be told to follow it, no more making up regulations on the fly as was reported by some posters last season

Bring a mobile device with you.  I am sure most do.  The rules are now linked at the top of this thread and the thread is "stickied" so it is easy to find.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:30 am »

I hope they won't be too strict with the hour after the game part but, generally, it looks OK.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 10:32:55 am »

Very Sensible. The rules do not forbid Tents and Chairs, just taking up additional spaces.

There is a Fordham Fan out there with a trailer, that kind of setup should pay for the extra parking space they will occupy and park in a way to prevent exit jams, which I'm sure they do.

Save for the incredibly long lines for beer in Da Tent, I have few complaints about Homecoming. I think we will need a bigger tent, or two.

Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 10:56:54 am »

Seems very sensible. Looks like he took his time and surveyed what other schools do.  As crowds get larger, this is going to be important.
Report Spam   Logged
ramesq
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 11:04:33 am »

The key for long term tailgating success is mutual respect between security and tailgaters. We need to follow the rules, and security needs to recognize that it is a party atmosphere. looking forward to game 1!

Hopefully this message will be absorbed by everyone. These are very lax and reasonable rules by tailgating standards. We will only invite further regulation if things don't go well.
Report Spam   Logged
25or624
a.k.a. B2Bomber
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:41 am »

Hopefully this message will be absorbed by everyone. These are very lax and reasonable rules by tailgating standards. We will only invite further regulation if things don't go well.

in most places where I have tailgated, the problems are usually surrounding drunken students, not the sweater wearing adult alumni cooking on a hibachi sipping wine/beer/spirits and reminiscing.    The secret to success is frankly keeping the students out of the tailgating sections.    Since Fordham has no sororities and frats (another topic for another day), there is no natural place for them to congregate by themselves if they wish to tailgate.  Thus our problem is the mixing.....so it is essential that adults properly report bad behavior to security to preserve the fun atmosphere and allowing for reasonable consumption of beverages.   

yes, I know that adults can and do become obstreperous and rude when consuming alcohol at sporting events.    I am just saying that most of the time its the students who are the problems and we dont have any place for them to go except Lot A.     
Report Spam   Logged
ramesq
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 11:39:06 am »

in most places where I have tailgated, the problems are usually surrounding drunken students, not the sweater wearing adult alumni cooking on a hibachi sipping wine/beer/spirits and reminiscing.    The secret to success is frankly keeping the students out of the tailgating sections.    Since Fordham has no sororities and frats (another topic for another day), there is no natural place for them to congregate by themselves if they wish to tailgate.  Thus our problem is the mixing.....so it is essential that adults properly report bad behavior to security to preserve the fun atmosphere and allowing for reasonable consumption of beverages.   

yes, I know that adults can and do become obstreperous and rude when consuming alcohol at sporting events.    I am just saying that most of the time its the students who are the problems and we dont have any place for them to go except Lot A.     

While I agree that it is more likely that students will cause the problems for alums than vice versa, the students are the essential element for long term success. We don't currently have the bells and whistles of big time college football, but a successful tailgating atmosphere is one thing that we can potentially offer that can keep students interested in Fordham football. I realize that it may just be seen as another opportunity to drink excessively, but college students never need a reason and if this is a step to making fall Saturdays in the Bronx an exciting place to be I will take the good with the bad. Hopefully students and alums alike will heed the warning and as you said isolated incidents can be brought to the attention of security and dealt with quickly so this opportunity at growth is not blown.
Report Spam   Logged
BeaumontRam
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 01:59:52 pm »

Excellent move by Fordham to set our realistic rules.  Three hours is plenty.  Last year was crazy with what was piblished and how it was enforced.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »

I realize that it may just be seen as another opportunity to drink excessively, but college students never need a reason and if this is a step to making fall Saturdays in the Bronx an exciting place to be I will take the good with the bad.

Easy for you to say. You don't have to deal with the aftermath of an on-campus alcohol related incident involving a student.  Monday meetings with the dean/parents/police aren't fun.
Report Spam   Logged
Superfan2016
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »

Hello, I am doing a news article for a journalism class about the new tailgating regulations and I would like a comment from an alumni who has tailgated in the past, about his or her thoughts on the regulations. If anyone is willing to comment please message me at lschneider7@fordham.edu

Thank You Very Much!
Report Spam   Logged
jimbo65
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 01:54:54 pm »

Hello, I am doing a news article for a journalism class about the new tailgating regulations and I would like a comment from an alumni who has tailgated in the past, about his or her thoughts on the regulations. If anyone is willing to comment please message me at lschneider7@fordham.edu

Thank You Very Much!
Have tailgated there for years.  While the original "no holds barred" approach had appeal for the revelers, including me, there were excesses by some, passing out in their old dorm room by an alumna (requiring a campus wide search), starting fires etc., to name two,  that necessitated some action to be taken by the administration.  The fault lies not in the change but in the slipshod, inconsistent way the new rules were enforced/interperted by Security.  I spoke to AD Roach last year and he said he would look into the matter.  Obviously he did.

As an aside, when we played DIII ball we would put blankets out on the baseball field and picnic/tailgate during the game.  Not positive but I believe beer was sold or at a minimum, tolerated.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 02:59:13 pm »

Have tailgated there for years.  While the original "no holds barred" approach had appeal for the revelers, including me, there were excesses by some, passing out in their old dorm room by an alumna (requiring a campus wide search), starting fires etc., to name two,  that necessitated some action to be taken by the administration.  The fault lies not in the change but in the slipshod, inconsistent way the new rules were enforced/interperted by Security.  I spoke to AD Roach last year and he said he would look into the matter.  Obviously he did.

As an aside, when we played DIII ball we would put blankets out on the baseball field and picnic/tailgate during the game.  Not positive but I believe beer was sold or at a minimum, tolerated.

Damn Jimbo! Starting Fires!? Sounds like a heck of a good time.

I've been tailgating at Fordham since I graduated in 2007. Up until recently, it was me and a few of my friends drinking in the parking lot up until kick-off. It got better two years ago, and really took off last year. The success of the program brought more fans to the games, and the tailgating scene took off. Fordham was not prepared for lines of cares and thousands of fans trying to pack the parking lot 2-3 hours before kick-off and the policies they published were a bit harsh and unrealistic. I was told that tailgating officially starts an hour before game time, but the same person told me, off the record, that no-one would stop me if I got there early. Well, i think that resulted in a ton of confusion and some hostility between the security guards and fans. Cars were turned away because they showed up an hour before and the lot was already full, some security guards wouldnt let cars into Lot A for reasons that seemed to be made up n the spot ("i dont see tailgating stuff in ur car, so you must park in the garage"). It definitely got better as the season got older though.

These new rules are fair and clear. I'm looking forward to attending most home games, and watching NYC's best football program get after it.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 10:01:14 pm »

very fair and acceptable rules on tailgating.  well done!
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:44 am »

I've mentioned this before, NYC fire rules prohibit fires in parking garages. If you want to do some cooking, get there early. I like Roquefort on my cheeseburgers.  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
98ramgrad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 10:20:38 am »

Not entirely unrelated to tailgating, but I read in a different post that someone mentioned putting permanent stands on the far side (visitors sideline) of Jack Crappy Field and setting up hospitality behind that.  I think that is a great idea.  However, how realistic is it to reach out to FCNY (the new MLS club in the Bronx) and see if they can pony up to build a soccer/football stadium at JCF for both us and them.  I dont know how much overlap there is with scheduling, but it is just a thought.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 10:33:18 am »

Not entirely unrelated to tailgating, but I read in a different post that someone mentioned putting permanent stands on the far side (visitors sideline) of Jack Crappy Field and setting up hospitality behind that.  I think that is a great idea.  However, how realistic is it to reach out to FCNY (the new MLS club in the Bronx) and see if they can pony up to build a soccer/football stadium at JCF for both us and them.  I dont know how much overlap there is with scheduling, but it is just a thought.

Ambitious idea but not sure thats feasible at all. The MLS average attendance is around 18k. You're talking about building a massive stadium and as it stands, there just isnt enough space on campus for that. Also, i'm not a fan of bringing on so many people onto our campus. The security risks would be astronomical.
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 10:39:50 am »

With the money that NYCFC's owners have (Manchester City & the Yankees) I think they would be planning something about 20-28K seats and expandable in future years.  That would not fit on our campus and they would not want either turf or FB players ruining their grass field for a six game home schedule every year
Report Spam   Logged
98ramgrad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 12:54:23 pm »

Both good points by you.  I had a 10-15 seat arena in mind, but that is likely too small for MLS.  Also, the security thing would be an issue.  Just thinking long term about JCF and the school's limited space.  Sooner or later, athletics will run out of real estate and have to figure something out.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 12:59:49 pm »

NYFC will be building a Soccer Stadium Next to Yankee Stadium. Likely we could use the facility after MLS season is over. One, maybe two games. Notre Dame may get dibs since they now have a Series at YS.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
CA2CTRam
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 09:43:24 am »

So I am unclear on the parking situation when arriving.  Can I choose to park in Parking lot A or the parking garage?  Is it the same cost? 

Planning on Aug 30 vs. Saint Francis so just don't want to pack up to tailgate and find out I may have to park in the garage.

Any help is appreciate.
Report Spam   Logged
sleuth
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 06:35:41 pm »

Same cost, just tell them that you are tailgating and get there early before the lot is full.
Report Spam   Logged
Ramon
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 04:35:22 pm »

Same cost, just tell them that you are tailgating and get there early before the lot is full.

I heard that if it gets too crowded, they will prioritize season ticket holders for tailgating in Lot A.
Report Spam   Logged

“You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 05:25:02 pm »

Overall Tailgating experience was solid this past weekend. I got to Fordham around 2:50 and I was told to wait in the lot until 3:00pm before being allowed into Lot A. I cannot get too crazy over that because the rules are pretty clear that tailgating starts three hours before kick-off. I think that should be adjusted eventually, but not worth battling over yet. So 3:00pm comes around and I pull into the lot. There isn't any direction so i find I spot I like and park there. Security guards come over and tell me to move... "okay, where?" So they tell me to park somewhere on the border of the lot which is fine. I just wish they were prepared because it happened to the next few cars that pulled in after me. Came back and tailgated a bit more after the game. Had to be there about an hour. Wasn't rushed out or told to leave which was nice. I headed over to the game about 10 minutes before kickoff so i'm not sure how they ushered people out of the lot and into the stadium.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: