fordhamfans.com
April 28, 2017, 03:50:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham Finishes 2nd in A-10 in Learfield Sports Director's Cup

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham Finishes 2nd in A-10 in Learfield Sports Director's Cup  (Read 2275 times)
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 07:03:05 pm »

I think that the Learfield is a good sign of progress. Womens hoops was the worst program in the nation not too long ago, now a perennial power in A-10. Softball is a near dynasty in A-10. Both soccer teams are pretty solid and the men got hot and won the A-10 this year, no small feat ( or feet! ). Water Polo is pretty solid .500 program year in and year out.

Right now Fordham has largely righted the ship across the board with of course one glaring example and many of us are optimistic with Neubie.

Volleyball gets a pass with its new coach but that program is not up to par.

Probably the one program and coach under the microscope should be baseball and Coach Leighton. Slow improvement but its make or break next year in my view.

Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 07:08:31 pm »

I think that the Learfield is a good sign of progress. Womens hoops was the worst program in the nation not too long ago, now a perennial power in A-10. Softball is a near dynasty in A-10. Both soccer teams are pretty solid and the men got hot and won the A-10 this year, no small feat ( or feet! ). Water Polo is pretty solid .500 program year in and year out.

Right now Fordham has largely righted the ship across the board with of course one glaring example and many of us are optimistic with Neubie.

Volleyball gets a pass with its new coach but that program is not up to par.

Probably the one program and coach under the microscope should be baseball and Coach Leighton. Slow improvement but its make or break next year in my view.

Agreed. I've taken a wait-and-see approach on this but so far, I'm impressed with the progress we've made under Dave Roach and Co.
Report Spam   Logged
Ramon
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 08:00:09 am »

I think the casual fan is more familiar with the Capitol One Cup (which is a competitor to Learfield) because of it's huge marketing budget and connection to the ESPY's (The award is presented at the ESPY's).
Report Spam   Logged

“You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 08:28:16 am »

No need. I already texted several of our coaches and asked. They all said it's included in their recruiting messages.

Oh, ok.  Which coaches did you check in with?  I won't bother them since you already texted them.  since a lot of them are working camps and on vacation, I'm impressed you have their personal cell numbers.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2015, 08:37:16 am »

I have criticized Roach over 2 areas..the continued coddling of Costello and the handling of the Paschall situation. However, Paschall was a one off and its done. Costello is another issue and hopefully Roach makes the right call there..god knows we have blistered his ears enough about it......however, under Roach things are not too bad....he does deserve some credit...

Right now, Fordham is a pretty solid A-10 member and we have a highly competitive football program. Volleyball and golf need improvement and baseball is @.500 but overall...not too shabby.

Roach did the right thing and used a search firm to hire Neubie out of left field.....and he looks very promising...if Neubie gets things working...we are in the best shape across the board  since we joined the A-10...
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2015, 08:55:27 am »

I have criticized Roach over 2 areas..the continued coddling of Costello and the handling of the Paschall situation. However, Paschall was a one off and its done. Costello is another issue and hopefully Roach makes the right call there..god knows we have blistered his ears enough about it......however, under Roach things are not too bad....he does deserve some credit...

Right now, Fordham is a pretty solid A-10 member and we have a highly competitive football program. Volleyball and golf need improvement and baseball is @.500 but overall...not too shabby.

Roach did the right thing and used a search firm to hire Neubie out of left field.....and he looks very promising...if Neubie gets things working...we are in the best shape across the board  since we joined the A-10...

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 09:54:00 am »

. . .

Agreed. If the BBall team gets respectable, we will be considered a solid A10 member. 
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 04:07:09 pm »

+1.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: