fordhamfans.com
September 19, 2017, 01:14:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Holy Cross video on athletics....they are serious about facilities. Are we?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Cross video on athletics....they are serious about facilities. Are we?  (Read 2303 times)
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 11:36:50 am »

I agree 100%, we are not getting the support for the respective leagues we are in.  Just think it is a matter of dollars.  All I am saying is that the next administration will need to make some decisions, I vote for a true D1 footprint.

But after I leave office, I won't have a say. Wink

If you get bumped up to the Vatican perhaps you can find some spare change at The Institute for Religious Works; otherwise know as "the Vatican bank" .... remember us Father!
Report Spam   Logged
RealDeal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2015, 11:37:12 am »

The NYU path or the HC way?  Sign me up for neither.  How about something more like the Georgetown, BC, Villanova or Notre Dame way?

Sure, sign me up.
Report Spam   Logged
RealDeal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2015, 11:42:03 am »

If you get bumped up to the Vatican perhaps you can find some spare change at The Institute for Religious Works; otherwise know as "the Vatican bank" .... remember us Father!

Or maybe I will change careers, become a well to do lawyer, hedgie, liberal, Manhattan dweller and write some big checks.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2015, 11:48:15 am »

If their purpose is to get support for this project it serves no purpose. That video says to me HC wants people to think its a priority when in reality they are. paying lip service. Very Frank like presentation. It will be interesting to see what happens. 

As long as it is helping them raise money, it's successful.  They have a $25 mil gift for athletics.  They're off and running.  Fordham is trying to scrape together money to renovate the football office. 
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2015, 12:05:40 pm »

Or maybe I will change careers, become a well to do lawyer, hedgie, liberal, Manhattan dweller and write some big checks.  Wink

....nah.   Don't do that!   Too many of those already.  Do something purposeful and positive.
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2015, 12:29:10 pm »

The NYU path or the HC way?  Sign me up for neither.  How about something more like the Georgetown, BC, Villanova or Notre Dame way?

I agree - more like the Catholic Universities that are "more pre-eminent" than Fordham right now.
Report Spam   Logged
T1L
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 12:59:18 pm »

Sure, that'd be great, but I think that ship has sailed because of the different conference dynamics in the 70's and 80's versus now. Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Xavier, Dayton, etc. are probably more realistic models.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2015, 01:04:28 pm »

Sure, that'd be great, but I think that ship has sailed because of the different conference dynamics in the 70's and 80's versus now. Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Xavier, Dayton, etc. are probably more realistic models.

I see very little difference in how they do things *now* when it comes to Georgetown and Villanova vs. Xavier and Dayton, for instance, so I was concentrating more on eastern schools and then threw ND in there for some reason.  The schools I mentioned do a better job of proving that you can do well athletically while being elite academically and I believe that is what we are after.

That said, all seem to be decent models and one should take ideas from all, not just one.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 03:49:01 pm »

That is a very weak fundraising video. They could have done much better.

But what is significant is the intent. Holy Cross has a plan to build new athletic facilities.

Fordham needs to move in this direction sooner than later.

The video has two Audiences:

Potential Student Athletes, and Alumni. As we noted from the HC game, HC alumni are less concerned about winning. Reminds me of another Jesuit School.

The Football Practice field looks nice. I thought we were going to put a bubble on top of the Garage?
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: