fordhamfans.com
March 30, 2017, 12:47:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

SPOTLIGHT, the movie!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPOTLIGHT, the movie!  (Read 410 times)
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2015, 02:48:26 pm »

I wasn't sure where to place this message but after my bride and I saw the movie this morning, we decided that we needed a good drink with lunch. A half-pitcher of Sangria at a Mexican Restaurant on 86th Street with an order of Nachos and Enchiladas Verdes hit the spot after seeing one of the best movies we have seen in a long time. Spotlight is the story of how The Boston Globe broke the pedophilia scandal in the RC Church and it is a powerful movie about a brutal story. We recommend it unreservedly particularly if you grew up in the RC faith.

Joe 
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 04:50:03 pm »

I wasn't sure where to place this message but after my bride and I saw the movie this morning, we decided that we needed a good drink with lunch. A half-pitcher of Sangria at a Mexican Restaurant on 86th Street with an order of Nachos and Enchiladas Verdes hit the spot after seeing one of the best movies we have seen in a long time. Spotlight is the story of how The Boston Globe broke the pedophilia scandal in the RC Church and it is a powerful movie about a brutal story. We recommend it unreservedly particularly if you grew up in the RC faith.

Joe 

thanks for recommendation Joe.

Bernie Law should be in jail.
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 04:53:34 pm »

You may be right and I'm inclined to agree with you but Jesus said, "Do not judge, " as that is His Father's domain.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 05:25:38 pm »

Nonetheless, there are laws in this country and we do allow people to sit in judgement of their peers: it's called trial by jury. The Vatican takes care of its own...they hustled Law out of the country and gave him a cushy sinecure in Rome when he ought to be doing hard time in Walpole.

I saw the film two days ago and can recommend it highly without reservation.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 05:37:02 pm »

FUCoP69, I agree with you but you raise a separate issue. Regardless, it's a very good movie, which may shake the faith and foundations of some, particularly young adults of college age and recent graduates.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 12:55:23 am »

Joe 

BTW Joe...at tonight's basketball game I sat next to one of your sailors.... class of 2012 from Fort Worth TX.   Cowtown, you recruited some strange ports!!!

John O if you are wondering.
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 07:21:33 am »

Thanks for the "Heads-up," Scott. John-O is a terrific young man from Fort Worth and was a good sailor for Fordham. As a senior in high school, I told him that if he came to Fordham, I would bend over backward to try to schedule a regatta in Texas before he graduated. As a senior at Fordham, he and three others won the Kathryn Hammond Regatta sailed at the Austin Yacht Club and hosted by the University of Texas. There were nine schools participating.

His folks made the trip from Fort Worth to Austin and chaperoned the team. The best part of the tale is that his Mom told me after the fact, that his sailing nemesis as a junior sailor, i.e., the kid, who consistently beat him when they were growing up was racing for the Longhorns in the same division in which John-O and his crew sailed. The Rams won that division as well as that regatta, so the victory was especially sweet for John-O and his family.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 01:20:40 pm »

Thanks for the "Heads-up," Scott. John-O is a terrific young man from Fort Worth and was a good sailor for Fordham. As a senior in high school, I told him that if he came to Fordham, I would bend over backward to try to schedule a regatta in Texas before he graduated. As a senior at Fordham, he and three others won the Kathryn Hammond Regatta sailed at the Austin Yacht Club and hosted by the University of Texas. There were nine schools participating.

His folks made the trip from Fort Worth to Austin and chaperoned the team. The best part of the tale is that his Mom told me after the fact, that his sailing nemesis as a junior sailor, i.e., the kid, who consistently beat him when they were growing up was racing for the Longhorns in the same division in which John-O and his crew sailed. The Rams won that division as well as that regatta, so the victory was especially sweet for John-O and his family.

Wow....what a small and wonderful world of coincidences Joe.  I love that story and I hope I run into them to mention it soon!  The world never ceases to amaze me.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: