fordhamfans.com
November 17, 2017, 12:42:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Christmas greetings for b.mann

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas greetings for b.mann  (Read 1003 times)
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2015, 12:03:03 am »

As some of you know, our friend b.mann continues to fight against a terrible illness.  He has moved to the Connecticut Hospice where he has access to more complete care and services.  His courage is truly inspirational.  For those of you who have texted, emailed or visited him, I know he's very appreciative.

As Christmas approaches, it would be great if you could take a minute to keep our fellow Ram in your thoughts.  Whether you've had the pleasure of knowing him personally or not, b.mann is  100% a Fordham man.   If you have a few minutes and can drop him a card, I know he would love to hear from you.  The Fordham family has been very supportive from coaches to the alumni office to Fr. McShane.  Thank you on behalf of b.mann.  You can send a card to him at:

John Stankevich
c/o The Connecticut Hospice
100 Double Beach Road
Branford, CT 06405

If you want to drop him an e-mail, his address is: fustank@cox.net.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:16:53 am »

AOC, thank you for keeping the lines of communication open with John. You're a good man!
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 02:36:23 pm »

B.mann is a great guy.  I wish there was more that could be done.

For those that want to shoot him a text or leave a voicemail, he can be reached at 203 848-4218.  I don't know if he's able to text much at this point but I know he reads all of them.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 01:35:12 am »

John Stankevich is gone, but I think we can all agree he touched us all, even though most of us never met him personally.  I for one have a new appreciation for his condition and others who are afflicted.  Just reading up on it made me feel so positive that this is a disease that will eventually be cured, or at least made survivable, with genetic therapy and new generations of drugs to control symptoms.  Medical technology of all sorts is advancing at an astonishing pace, specifically in the areas of gene splicing and bioinformatics.  It WILL become possible, the only question is how quickly.

Regardless of what actually happens in the short term, I hope that we all keep John in our thoughts and we stay aware of this cause, and continue to support it financially.
Report Spam   Logged
ramdude
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:29:06 pm »

John Stankevich is gone, but I think we can all agree he touched us all, even though most of us never met him personally.  I for one have a new appreciation for his condition and others who are afflicted.  Just reading up on it made me feel so positive that this is a disease that will eventually be cured, or at least made survivable, with genetic therapy and new generations of drugs to control symptoms.  Medical technology of all sorts is advancing at an astonishing pace, specifically in the areas of gene splicing and bioinformatics.  It WILL become possible, the only question is how quickly.

Regardless of what actually happens in the short term, I hope that we all keep John in our thoughts and we stay aware of this cause, and continue to support it financially.

+1000.  Always positive, hopeful Ram fan, never one to get bogged down on the suffering or woe of the Fordham drag.  RIP b.mann, you will be missed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: