fordhamfans.com
July 27, 2017, 02:32:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordhamfans.com Mission Statement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordhamfans.com Mission Statement  (Read 10760 times)
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2016, 11:32:17 am »

MISSION STATEMENT - EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2016

The mission of fordhamfans.com is to provide a forum for Fordham Alumni and Fans to share information about their alma mater, and their thoughts and opinions regarding Fordham Sports and any other aspect of Fordham life.

GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION - EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2016

Politics and Religion are unacceptable topics and will be removed.

Courtesy is expected. Please use Descriptive Thread Titles so all know upfront what's being discussed in a particular thread, and Be Specific, e.g., “Jeff Neubauer interviewed on WFUV.” Conversations evolve but blatant off-topic posts should be avoided.

Repetitiveness is boring. Once you have said your piece, if someone disagrees, fine. You needn't restate your position using different language. Say something new. Debate is good. Argumentation is counter-productive.

Civility and Respect is demanded. Name calling, Cursing and Vulgarity are unacceptable and will be removed. If you are not sure what defines any of these three, it's best not to test the verbiage. After posting, read your post immediately and if you accidentally posted something, which does not meet this guideline, modify your post immediately.

I have no interest in censuring anything. My goal is to provide an enjoyable experience for Fordham Fans to express themselves in a respectful and civilized manner about anything that pertains to Fordham. Your cooperation and your suggestions will be most appreciated. Thank you, and GO RAMS!
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State

Social Buttons

shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:33:42 am »

Thanks Ace.
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:43:48 pm »

Many thanks, Ace.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 09:12:41 pm »

Great job, Ace. Thank you for all you do for the Fordham sports community. 
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 09:21:12 pm »

Well said, Ace.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 11:06:47 pm »

Some things that don't need to be said, should be said. Thanks Ace.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Bam 76
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 01:14:08 am »

Ace,
 I've been having technical trouble with the Fordhamfans site for about a week now. Is it just me or is there a problem in general? Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Bam 76
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 01:16:53 am »

Ace,

I've been having technical problems with this site for about a week. Is it just me or is there a problem in general? Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 12:29:49 pm »

I was having a similar problem and then noticed my ad-blocker was not turned on. I used Ad Block Plus with Chrome browser and it seems to do the trick. Hope that helps.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 05:07:07 pm »

Ad Block Plus worked for me after Ace's suggestion.
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 06:39:13 pm »

What issues were people having, for me it has been that over the past week pages have not loaded fully or at best very slowly, this is the only site where I have had that issue
Report Spam   Logged
97Ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 06:44:42 pm »

What issues were people having, for me it has been that over the past week pages have not loaded fully or at best very slowly, this is the only site where I have had that issue

I've had the same problem.  I have to hit the reload button a few times to bring the page up.
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 07:30:23 pm »

I've had the same problem.  I have to hit the reload button a few times to bring the page up.

I've been out of commission for a couple days and just saw this thread.  I've had the same issue for a couple weeks.  I took Ace's suggestion and it seems to have worked.  I had been meaning to write to him about it because it seemed to be getting worse and more annoying. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 10:54:58 pm »

That is the issue. The page load is getting stuck on an ad and then it does not load. An ad blocker keeps that from happening.
Report Spam   Logged

SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 08:50:45 am »

That is the issue. The page load is getting stuck on an ad and then it does not load. An ad blocker keeps that from happening.

Thanks, I will add the ad blocker you mentioned
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Bam 76
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »

Ace,
I just want to report that things seem to be working better today. I didn't do anything concerning "ad blocker" but maybe you helped out in some way. Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
STL_RAM66
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 10:08:25 pm »

I'd been having the same problems.  Since it started right around the time I bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10, I thought that might have had something to do with it. Evil   As Ram Bam 76 reported, it seems to be working now (without having done anything on my end).
Report Spam   Logged
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 09:32:39 am »

I'd been having the same problems.  Since it started right around the time I bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10, I thought that might have had something to do with it. Evil   As Ram Bam 76 reported, it seems to be working now (without having done anything on my end).
I too upgraded to Windows 10 and thought it might be the culprit, since the problem seemed to start around the same time. I added the "ad blocker" like Ace suggested and the problem went away. I like Windows 10 and I'm glad I made the change. If you hang on to an old version too long you might have trouble getting support you need in the future. Think back remember TV tubes Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 11:24:23 am »

Ok good, I thought I was being banned again!
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 12:30:00 pm »

I too upgraded to Windows 10 and thought it might be the culprit, since the problem seemed to start around the same time. I added the "ad blocker" like Ace suggested and the problem went away. I like Windows 10 and I'm glad I made the change. If you hang on to an old version too long you might have trouble getting support you need in the future. Think back remember TV tubes Grin

Unfortunately in the environment I work in it is very hard to upgrade quickly.  We depend on so many different software packages to run different aspects of the organization (at least 15 different ones) and have to rely on the software companies to make sure they are compatible with the newer operating systems before we can undertake such an upgrade.  Windows 10 has been out for a while now and we won't be making the move until at least the fall.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: